Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: How Can McConnell and Graham Take Oaths Of Impartiality?

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Well "pp" show us, show us where a Senate Democrat said they knew exactly now how they will cast their vote in the Senate before the evidence is delivered. Show us where any Senate Democrat said that they would be working with the impeachment managers to get the verdict they wanted

If you can't, you are showing us that you are full of shit, your turn
    https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...usal-would-di/

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Chicken View Post
    From the link-
    in the impeachment trial, suggesting he won’t be impartial in deciding whether Mr.*Trump*should be convicted and removed from office.

By that measure,*Senate*Minority Leader*Charles E. Schumer*also could be sidelined for the trial.

Mr.*Schumer, New York Democrat, declared Monday that the evidence gathered by the House impeachment inquiry is sufficient to show the president committed the charges detailed in the two articles of impeachment: abuse of power and obstruction of Congress.

“Right now, I think the House has amassed a great deal of evidence — much of it in the form of testimony — from the president’s own appointees that the president committed impeachable offenses,” he said.

He’s far from alone.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, Massachusetts Democrat, has been saying for months that Mr.*Trump*should be impeached while she campaigns for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination.

“What he has done is an impeachable offense, and he should be impeached,” Ms. Warren told reporters in October.

Others vying for the Democratic Party’s presidential nomination also could be accused of prejudging the president’s conduct.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Southern Chicken For This Post:

Truth Detector (01-17-2020)

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Sure, at this point, what else it, has been since the Trump's lackeys in the House attempted to make it a circus for TV, as I said, Pelosi isn't after the verdict of a sham trial in Mitch's Senate, that isn't the jury she wants to convince of Trump's behavior, but rather public opinion, the one that will count next November
    If House Democrats were impartial, they wouldn’t have sent the *historically* thinnest articles of impeachment*—passed along straight democrat party lines, to the Senate.

And they expect Senate Republicans to be impartial lol? Under the circumstances, it’s to their great credit if they can manage to be. There shouldn’t be a single witness allowed. If House Democrats were confident enough in the articles to pass them, they should be voted on as they stand.

This is bullshit on steroids.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Grokmaster (01-16-2020), Truth Detector (01-17-2020)

6. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,835 Times in 17,266 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    If House Democrats were impartial, they wouldn’t have sent the *historically* thinnest articles of impeachment*—passed along straight democrat party lines, to the Senate.

And they expect Senate Republicans to be impartial lol? Under the circumstances, it’s to their great credit if they can manage to be. There shouldn’t be a single witness allowed. If House Democrats were confident enough in the articles to pass them, they should be voted on as they stand.

Thinnest? based on what? Trump is getting deeper and deeper every day. But the House had lots more and settled on 2.The House impeaches after gathering evidence. The Senate runs a trial. Do you understand what is involved in a trial? Witnesses, evidence, lawyers and judges. The house was essentially acting as an evidence-gathering organization, similar to the police crime scene investigation and forensics. That is turned over to the Senate for a trial.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Cypress (01-17-2020), Frank Apisa (01-17-2020), PoliTalker (01-16-2020)

8. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Thinnest? based on what? Trump is getting deeper and deeper every day. But the House had lots more and settled on 2.The House impeaches after gathering evidence. The Senate runs a trial. Do you understand what is involved in a trial? Witnesses, evidence, lawyers and judges. The house was essentially acting as an evidence-gathering organization, similar to the police crime scene investigation and forensics. That is turned over to the Senate for a trial.
    Thinnest, based on historical precedent.

The evidence in the Clinton/Nixon impeachments were voluminous by comparison. In fact, both Nixon and Clinton were deemed guilty prior to the House passing the articles. In terms of impeachment, there has never been a more ‘rush to judgment’ then this.

Admit it.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Truth Detector (01-17-2020)

10. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

This whole escapade is a charade intended for public consumption lol.
    Believe whatever you wish. The President is really on trial. This is no joke. This is President Trump's first impeachment trial. The only people who are claiming this is a hoax are Trump fans. That's just denial, words. Anybody can say words. That doesn't mean they have to be true. When the President says words, we have all learned they are frequently not true. This is real. The President abused his power, sought foreign involvement in rigging the 2020 election, and obstructed Congress in violation of the Constitution.

And now, according to Parnas, we learn that Pence and Nunes were in on it.

Parnaz needs to be a witness.

The American public needs to hear from all the witnesses.

Trump needs to take the oath, take the stand, and explain himself.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

11. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-17-2020)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (01-16-2020), Cypress (01-17-2020)

13. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,326 Times in 9,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 511 Times in 484 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    dismissal, prima facie
    morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition
    https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/trump

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blackwater Lunchbreak For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-17-2020), Truth Detector (01-17-2020)

15. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello archives,

Sure, at this point, what else it, has been since the Trump's lackeys in the House attempted to make it a circus for TV, as I said, Pelosi isn't after the verdict of a sham trial in Mitch's Senate, that isn't the jury she wants to convince of Trump's behavior, but rather public opinion, the one that will count next November
    Excellent point.

Trump needs to be beaten resoundingly for three reasons.

1) He stands in the way of saving the climate and we are out of time.
    2) There has to be extra votes to overcome the Russian meddling.
    3) If the result is at all close Trump will refuse to accept it, take it to court, refuse to leave the WH.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

16. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-16-2020)

18. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

I love how Democrats believe that "impartiality" means "believe what they say and do what they want you to, or else".
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-17-2020), Truth Detector (01-17-2020)

20. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    There must have been no chance for Democrats to object.

It's already a sham.

Justice is now meaningless.

Oaths are meaningless.
    And they don't even think it's wrong to be lying liars before they even heard all the evidence.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

21. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-16-2020)

22. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Southern Chicken,

Lol, judges are not politicians. Robert's will have modest input in the trial. Roberts might have authority to make rulings, such as questions about whether evidence is relevant, but the rules allow the Senate to call for a vote to overrule him anyway.
    McConnell and Graham are making a mockery of the Constitution. They should both recuse. The are unacceptable as impartial jurors, having both made public statements of partiality.

Roberts is making the SCOTUS a laughing stock, losing credibility. It is his job to properly swear them in. All they did was say words. He didn't ascertain that there was any meaning to them.

Both of those unfit jurors should have been asked about their public statements. Called to the carpet.

Pretending those public statements weren't out there makes a mockery of the proceeding already.

23. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,429 Times in 53,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I love how Democrats believe that "impartiality" means "believe what they say and do what they want you to, or else".
    I love how you believe that you know how a large group of millions of people think.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

24. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

christiefan915 (01-16-2020), Frank Apisa (01-17-2020)

26. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Southern Chicken,

From the link-
    in the impeachment trial, suggesting he won’t be impartial in deciding whether Mr.*Trump*should be convicted and removed from office.

By that measure,*Senate*Minority Leader*Charles E. Schumer*also could be sidelined for the trial.

Mr.*Schumer, New York Democrat, declared Monday that the evidence gathered by the House impeachment inquiry is sufficient to show the president committed the charges detailed in the two articles of impeachment: abuse of power and obstruction of Congress.

“Right now, I think the House has amassed a great deal of evidence — much of it in the form of testimony — from the president’s own appointees that the president committed impeachable offenses,” he said.

He’s far from alone.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, Massachusetts Democrat, has been saying for months that Mr.*Trump*should be impeached while she campaigns for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination.

“What he has done is an impeachable offense, and he should be impeached,” Ms. Warren told reporters in October.

Others vying for the Democratic Party’s presidential nomination also could be accused of prejudging the president’s conduct.
    But have any of them said they are not an impartial juror?

27. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

28. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I love how you believe that you know how a large group of millions of people think.
    His statement really applies to repubs but he doesn't see it. And especially to Senate repubs.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

29. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-16-2020)

30. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

That doesn't follow. And some Democrats voted each way. That shows they were not voting any strict party line. But all the Republicans voted the same cookie cutter way. Very partisan.

And they expect Senate Republicans to be impartial lol?
    Everyone should, Republicans included. What happened to the Republicans who refused to comment? Saying "I cannot comment. I am a potential juror?" What happened to that? How can a juror come out before a trial has even started and state they have already made up their mind and then go swear to be impartial? They can't. Not without lying.

Under the circumstances, it’s to their great credit if they can manage to be. There shouldn’t be a single witness allowed. If House Democrats were confident enough in the articles to pass them, they should be voted on as they stand.

If Republicans turn this into a sham without witnesses, the 70% of Americans who want to hear from all the witnesses are not going to be satisfied with it. This needs to be a real trial.

Trump needs to testify, just like Bill Clinton did.

We need to hear from our leader, front and center. It's lonely at the top time.

31. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

32. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-17-2020)