During the debate, the moderator claims Bernie said a woman couldn't win the presidency. Right after Bernie just said he never said it. How does it feel, leftys?

"Sen. Sanders, CNN reported yesterday, and Sen. Warren confirmed in a statement, that in 2018 you told her that you did not believe that a woman could win the election. Why did you say that?" Phillips asked Sanders.

"Well, as a matter of fact, I didn't say it," Sanders responded.

"I don't want to waste a whole lot of time on this, because this is what Donald Trump and maybe some of the media want. Anybody knows me knows that it's incomprehensible that I would think that a woman cannot be president of the United States," Sanders replied. "Go to YouTube today. There's a video of me 30 years ago talking about how a woman could become president of the United States."

"So Sen. Sanders, I do want to be clear here," Phillip followed up, "you're saying that you never told Sen. Warren that a woman could not win the election?"

That is correct," Sanders said.

Phillip then turned to Warren, who on Monday night released a statement that corroborated with CNN's account of the meeting. In the statement, Warren said she had disagreed with Sanders on the subject of whether a woman could win the presidency.

"Sen. Warren, what did you think when Sen. Sanders told you a woman could not win the election?" Phillip asked Warren.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill...-sanders%3famp