1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,089 Times in 33,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,080 Times in 4,696 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    congress appointed an independent investigator, not an FBI investigation
    And who did Starr use to help conduct his investigation?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

jimmymccready (01-16-2020)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,089 Times in 33,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,080 Times in 4,696 Posts
    Blog Entries

congress appointed an independent investigator, not an FBI investigation
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....i-in-1998/amp/

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

you can hardly expect a department under the executive branch to investigate their commander in chief....................and if you do, you don't know enough about the constitutional checks and balances
    Quit sounding simple. The FBI did investigate the Trump campaign, and, yes, they are and have been investigating Trump.
    Russian trolls and their supporters go on Ignore, automatically: no second chance.

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Lev Parnas, the associate of Rudy Giuliani who has been indicted for campaign finance crimes, called out President Donald Trump directly in a new interview with MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow.

The interview, which will air in full Wednesday night, came out the same week in which House investigators released several new troves of evidence — including texts, letters, and hand-written notes — that give a much more detailed look into the background dealings of Trump’s Ukraine scheme than we’ve seen before. Some of those texts indicate that Parnas was texting with someone who surveilled the U.S. ambassador to Ukraine. There’s even some indication, though it’s not clear how serious it was, that they may have been considering threats to her security or life. Trump eventually fired the ambassador, a goal Parnas, Rudy Giuliani, and some in Ukraine were seeking.

“What do you think is main inaccuracy, or the main lie, that’s being told that you feel like you can correct?” Maddow asked Parnas, in a clip first aired on Ari Melber’s “The Beat.”

“That the president didn’t know what was going on,” Parnas said. “President Trump knew exactly what was going on. He was aware of all of my movements. I wouldn’t do anything without the consent of Rudy Giuliani or the president.
    And? The president of the United States has a DUTY to find and deal with corruption. There was and still remains an agreement between Ukraine and the Untied States of America to deal with corruption.

That's the problem with "propaganda"......it cannot be validated by facts in evidence. Our president committed no crimes in requesting a joint cooperation under the terms of the 1998 agreement...i.e., the Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters treaty.

The only material witness with first hand knowledge in the congressional soviet style impeachment (Sondland)....stated under oath what President Trump told him in personal when the witness asked our President what he wanted from Ukraine......Trump replied, nothing, I want nothing, no quid pro quo.....all I want is for Ukraine to do the right thing. (that right thing? live up to the 1998 treaty).

I am sure that Rudy will be more than willing to take the stand and engage in a document dump of his own.

There is nothing "unusual" nor illegal with President Trump sending RUDY Giuliani to Ukraine......as long as Rudy did it on at the direction of President Trump. The President of the United States has the constitutional authority to direct all matters of foreign policy.

Are there no history majors on this board? Did history not enlighten us how King Roosevelt (FDR) used Wendel Willkie just like Trump is using RUDY? FDR sent Willkie (a republican presidential candidate, 1940) 2 times to Europe as an informal envoy. The problem with the lefts attempt to rescind the 2016 election results? Hate cannot be prosecuted void of actual evidence. The only hard evidence of anyone engaging in Corruption in Ukraine is the documented evidence that is held by RUDY and JOE Biden's act of being caught with his hand in the foreign aid cookie jar....demanding that the leaders of a sovereign foreign nation do as demanded...or they lose TAX PAYER AID

http://www.congress.gov/treaty-docum.../document-text
    Last edited by Ralph; 01-16-2020 at 05:30 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ralph For This Post:

Truth Detector (01-17-2020)

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    And? The president of the United States has a DUTY to find and deal with corruption. There was and still remains an agreement between Ukraine and the Untied States of America to deal with corruption.

That's the problem with "propaganda"......it cannot be validated by facts in evidence. Our president committed no crimes in requesting a joint cooperation under the terms of the 1998 agreement...i.e., the Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters. I am sure that Rudy will be more than willing to take the stand and engage in a document dump of his own.

There is nothing "unusual" nor illegal with President Trump sending RUDY Giuliani to Ukraine......as long as Rudy did it on at the direction of President Trump. The President of the United States has the constitutional authority to direct all matters of foreign policy.

Are there no history majors on this board? Did history not enlighten us how King Roosevelt (FDR) used Wendel Willkie just like Trump is using RUDY? FDR sent Willkie (a republican presidential candidate, 1940) 2 times to Europe as an informal envoy. The problem with the lefts attempt to rescind the 2016 election results? Hate cannot prosecuted void of actual evidence.

You must be on fucking drugs.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to floridafan For This Post:

domer76 (01-16-2020)

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,185 Times in 13,935 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,051 Times in 2,846 Posts

That's the problem with "propaganda"......it cannot be validated by facts in evidence. Our president committed no crimes in requesting a joint cooperation under the terms of the 1998 agreement...i.e., the Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters. I am sure that Rudy will be more than willing to take the stand and engage in a document dump of his own.

There is nothing "unusual" nor illegal with President Trump sending RUDY Giuliani to Ukraine......as long as Rudy did it on at the direction of President Trump. The President of the United States as the constitutional authority to direct all matters of foreign policy.

Are there no history majors on this board. Did history not enlighten us how King Roosevelt (FDR) used Wendel Willkie just like Trump is using RUDY? FDR sent Willkie (a republican presidential candidate, 1940) 2 times to Europe as an informal envoy.

If the President's duty is to find and pursue corruption, which in itself is a questionable comment, why didn't Trump have his own Attorney General pursue and investigate, why go to a foreign entity, is it common for a President to single out and ask another country to investigate an American citizen, let alone one who just happens to be a political rival? Don't think so

And what was Rudy's official capacity in the Ukraine? FDR didn't employ Willkie as an investigator nor was Willkie's mission covert.

The President doesn't have complete control over foreign policy, for example, he can not declare war nor can he ratify treaties, and to think that Trump can call any shot he wants here is wrong as we found out today with the GAO report

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,786 Times in 17,240 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

That's the problem with "propaganda"......it cannot be validated by facts in evidence. Our president committed no crimes in requesting a joint cooperation under the terms of the 1998 agreement...i.e., the Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters treaty.

The only material witness with first hand knowledge in the congressional soviet style impeachment (Sondland)....stated under oath what President Trump told him in personal when the witness asked our President what he wanted from Ukraine......Trump replied, nothing, I want nothing, no quid pro quo.....all I want is for Ukraine to do the right thing. (that right thing? live up to the 1998 treaty).

I am sure that Rudy will be more than willing to take the stand and engage in a document dump of his own.

Are there no history majors on this board? Did history not enlighten us how King Roosevelt (FDR) used Wendel Willkie just like Trump is using RUDY? FDR sent Willkie (a republican presidential candidate, 1940) 2 times to Europe as an informal envoy. The problem with the lefts attempt to rescind the 2016 election results? Hate cannot be prosecuted void of actual evidence. The only hard evidence of anyone engaging in Corruption in Ukraine is the documented evidence that is held by RUDY and JOE Biden's act of being caught with his hand in the foreign aid cookie jar....demanding that the leaders of a sovereign foreign nation do as demanded...or they lose TAX PAYER AID

Strangely enough, Yovanovich was respected as a battler of Ukraine's corruption. She was in the way because Rudy and trump had cheating on their minds. Trump was not fighting corruption. Trump the thief in chief, should be laughed at when he says that.
    I cannot believe anyone can say Biden was the crook. How addlepated does one have to be to be so easily diverted from the real and obvious problem? Trump's cabal working outside the government were trying to use Zelensky to give him an edge in the 2020 election.l Giulini was not put up for a government job. He got no approval process. he received no votes. He worked under trumps direction and answered to nobody in the government. If you cannot see what is wrong with that, you are not looking.

11. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

The department of Justice is supposed to represent the American people, not the President. When did that go wrong?
    ask j. edgar hoover
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

ask j. edgar hoover
    We passed a lot of rules controlling the head of the FBI since him, but our problem is the Atty. general, Barr. He is not doing his job as his position description entails. He is supposed to be the people's leader of justice. Barr is plainly Trump's Atty, his Roy Cohn. He is wandering the world looking for evidence to prove Trump is clear or he can force that conclusion. That is not his job.
    As horrible as Trump is, will the next AG be a Trumpian, or will he return to being the people's top cop?

13. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    We passed a lot of rules controlling the head of the FBI since him, but our problem is the Atty. general, Barr. He is not doing his job as his position description entails. He is supposed to be the people's leader of justice. Barr is plainly Trump's Atty, his Roy Cohn. He is wandering the world looking for evidence to prove Trump is clear or he can force that conclusion. That is not his job.
    As horrible as Trump is, will the next AG be a Trumpian, or will he return to being the people's top cop?
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

14. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

if you think that ANY atty general has been the 'peoples champion', you're delusional. the governments 'justice' department has made it it's core mission to prosecute and incarcerate anyone it can, no mercy, no justice. that's something that both sides of you need to learn and understand
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

15. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

if you think that ANY atty general has been the 'peoples champion', you're delusional. the governments 'justice' department has made it it's core mission to prosecute and incarcerate anyone it can, no mercy, no justice. that's something that both sides of you need to learn and understand
    If you think Barr is a normal AG in any way, you are dense.
    The AG job.1, Represent the US in legal matters 2. Supervise &Direct administration offices, divisions & bureaus that comprise the department, matters. 3 Furnish advice and opinions , formal or informal on legal matters to the president and cabinet heads. 4. Make recommendations to the president on appointments 5 represent the US government in Supreme court cases.
    Where is prosecute and incarcerate at all? You are confusing the AG with the head of FBI and are wrong about him too.

16. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump knew exactly what was going on
    so what was gong on......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

18. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    So you don't care if it's true that the POTUS has been lying through his teeth - it's inadmissible, right?
    if the only "evidence" you have that Trump has been lying through his teeth is in fact inadmissible you'll just have to put on your grown up panties and live with it......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

20. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

If you think Barr is a normal AG in any way, you are dense.
    The AG job.1, Represent the US in legal matters 2. Supervise &Direct administration offices, divisions & bureaus that comprise the department, matters. 3 Furnish advice and opinions , formal or informal on legal matters to the president and cabinet heads. 4. Make recommendations to the president on appointments 5 represent the US government in Supreme court cases.
    Where is prosecute and incarcerate at all? You are confusing the AG with the head of FBI and are wrong about him too.
    What Does an Attorney General Do?

The attorney general holds the power of attorney in representing a government in all legal matters. The attorney general is nominated by the president and confirmed by the U.S. Senate. There is no designated term for the attorney general, rather the president can remove him or her from the office at any time. Additionally, the attorney general can be impeached and tried by Congress if deemed necessary.
    As head of the Department of Justice and chief legal counsel to the president, the duties of the attorney general are obviously important and wide reaching. The attorney general prosecutes cases that involve the government and gives advice to the president and heads of the executive departments when needed.

As the chief officer of the Department of Justice, the attorney general enforces federal laws, provides legal counsel in federal cases, interprets the laws that govern executive departments, heads federal jails and penal institutions, and examines alleged violations of federal laws. In addition, the attorney general may be called upon to represent the United States in the Supreme Court in cases of exceptional importance. The attorney general serves in the Cabinet of the president of the United States.

The attorney general is in charge of supervising United States attorneys and marshals in their respective judicial districts. While attorneys are responsible for prosecuting offenses against the United States and prosecuting or defending in proceedings in which the United States requires representation, marshals issue orders and processes under the authority of the United States.

States attorney generals have many of the same duties as the federal attorney general but on a smaller statewide scale. The specific duties of attorney general vary from state to state. Some attorney generals are elected in statewide contests, while others are appointed by the governor, legislature or supreme court.

The projects that an attorney general can take on are wide ranging. For example, Eric Holder voiced opinions on waterboarding, the close of Guantanamo Bay detention camp and the transfer of accused terrorists to jails on U.S. soil. On the state level, attorney generals might challenge the constitutionality of a law. In 2010, 11 state attorney generals moved to challenge the constitutionality of the healthcare reform bill
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.