Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29

Thread: Trump signs first phase of US-China trade deal

  1. #16 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    15,594
    Thanks
    6,073
    Thanked 7,740 Times in 5,359 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 790 Times in 742 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Trump is making a deal, even a crappy one to block the news of his impeachment. The timing is not likely accidental. He is so predictable.
    According to the terms, China would be purchasing 25% more in AG products than they did at peak trade. We can't even supply the volume that trump is promising. There is no way for anyone to enforce anything. China can pull out once they fill their needs with pork and soy beans.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

    guno (01-16-2020)

  3. #17 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    7,183
    Thanks
    4,421
    Thanked 5,037 Times in 3,363 Posts
    Groans
    122
    Groaned 168 Times in 166 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Trump is making a deal, even a crappy one to block the news of his impeachment. The timing is not likely accidental. He is so predictable.
    WHAT FUCKING IDIOCY. HE HAS BEEN WORKING ON A BETTER TRADE SITUATION FOR AMERICANS FOR THREE YEARS, LIAR.

    THE "IMPEACHMENT" will SEND THE STALIN-O-CRATS DOWN IN FLAMES, and GET THE PRESIDENT RE-ELECTED, BIGLY.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE .


    De Oppresso Liber

  4. #18 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    7,183
    Thanks
    4,421
    Thanked 5,037 Times in 3,363 Posts
    Groans
    122
    Groaned 168 Times in 166 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    According to the terms, China would be purchasing 25% more in AG products than they did at peak trade. We can't even supply the volume that trump is promising. There is no way for anyone to enforce anything. China can pull out once they fill their needs with pork and soy beans.

    MORE FUCKING LIES. MOST TARIFFS REMAIN IN PLACE, LIAR...and THERE IS A STRONG ENFORCEMENT APPARATUS IN THE DEAL:



    Lighthizer says the deal is "fully enforceable" if Beijing fails to live up to its end of the agreement, and the pact includes mechanisms for handling violations of intellectual property rights. Its dispute-resolution process will allow either side to appeal if it believes the other is "not acting in accordance" with the agreement.

    The document specifies that both China and the U.S. "shall ensure fair and equitable market access" for businesses that depend on the safety of trade secrets. Specific measures that will protect pharmaceutical firms' intellectual property, govern patents, block counterfeiting on e-commerce platforms and prevent exports of brand-name knockoffs are detailed.



    MAKEUP SOME MORE BULLSHIT ABOUT THE TRADE DEAL YOU SAID DOESN'T EXIST.

    GETTING TIRED OF EATING CROW YET???



    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE .


    De Oppresso Liber

  5. #19 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    14,125
    Thanks
    1,317
    Thanked 3,352 Times in 2,577 Posts
    Groans
    126
    Groaned 790 Times in 737 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    fucking idiot.
    This is a BILATERAL direct agreement with ENFORCEMENT PROVISIONS - not some WTO garbage not worth the paper it was printed upon
    The treaty reportedly says US can just put the tariff back up within 90 days if it feels China is not complying.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

    https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to tsuke For This Post:

    Grokmaster (01-16-2020)

  7. #20 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    15,594
    Thanks
    6,073
    Thanked 7,740 Times in 5,359 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 790 Times in 742 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    The treaty reportedly says US can just put the tariff back up within 90 days if it feels China is not complying.
    Which accomplishes what?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

    guno (01-16-2020)

  9. #21 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    15,594
    Thanks
    6,073
    Thanked 7,740 Times in 5,359 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 790 Times in 742 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post

    MORE FUCKING LIES. MOST TARIFFS REMAIN IN PLACE, LIAR...and THERE IS A STRONG ENFORCEMENT APPARATUS IN THE DEAL:



    Lighthizer says the deal is "fully enforceable" if Beijing fails to live up to its end of the agreement, and the pact includes mechanisms for handling violations of intellectual property rights. Its dispute-resolution process will allow either side to appeal if it believes the other is "not acting in accordance" with the agreement.

    The document specifies that both China and the U.S. "shall ensure fair and equitable market access" for businesses that depend on the safety of trade secrets. Specific measures that will protect pharmaceutical firms' intellectual property, govern patents, block counterfeiting on e-commerce platforms and prevent exports of brand-name knockoffs are detailed.



    MAKEUP SOME MORE BULLSHIT ABOUT THE TRADE DEAL YOU SAID DOESN'T EXIST.

    GETTING TIRED OF EATING CROW YET???



    Nothing to do with the fact that the agreement isn't enforceable, and the US cannot produce enough to fulfill the idiotic numbers cited by trump. I do think it's great that China will be buying soy beans at $.25 on the dollar, though. China wins. trump loses.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

    guno (01-16-2020)

  11. #22 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    14,125
    Thanks
    1,317
    Thanked 3,352 Times in 2,577 Posts
    Groans
    126
    Groaned 790 Times in 737 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Which accomplishes what?
    i understand you think tariffs are useless but China clearly does not. The principal gain of this treaty for China is that some of the tariffs go down. Objectively speaking these tariffs have value to China and imposing them again will be a punishment.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

    https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

  12. #23 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    15,594
    Thanks
    6,073
    Thanked 7,740 Times in 5,359 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 790 Times in 742 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    i understand you think tariffs are useless but China clearly does not. The principal gain of this treaty for China is that some of the tariffs go down. Objectively speaking these tariffs have value to China and imposing them again will be a punishment.
    To the American consumer, and American businesses.

    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump...163409804.html
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

    guno (01-16-2020)

  14. #24 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    46,571
    Thanks
    59,930
    Thanked 26,555 Times in 17,413 Posts
    Groans
    1,970
    Groaned 2,802 Times in 2,623 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Nothing to do with the fact that the agreement isn't enforceable, and the US cannot produce enough to fulfill the idiotic numbers cited by trump. I do think it's great that China will be buying soy beans at $.25 on the dollar, though. China wins. trump loses.
    Even within Wednesday’s deal, China has negotiated itself an out when it comes to its commitment to buy $200 billion more in American goods. The agreement says actual purchases must be “based on commercial considerations,” meaning China could still object to price and terms.

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...trade.amp.html

    Another hollow Trump victory, the major problems are in phase 2, yet to be addressed. The tariff still remain, causing hardship for businesses.

    Trump is again, arsonist and fire fighter.
    kag: to choke something down in disgust

    Keep America Gagging

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

    guno (01-16-2020)

  16. #25 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    60,727
    Thanks
    4,301
    Thanked 17,135 Times in 11,398 Posts
    Groans
    245
    Groaned 2,529 Times in 2,304 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Itís an unenforceable piece of nothing, we are no better off than we were.... and how much did we spend bailing out the farmers?

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

    guno (01-16-2020), Phantasmal (01-16-2020)

  18. #26 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    7,183
    Thanks
    4,421
    Thanked 5,037 Times in 3,363 Posts
    Groans
    122
    Groaned 168 Times in 166 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Which accomplishes what?
    ENFORCEMENT....YOU KNOW< ANOTHER LIE YOU GOT BUSTED ON....
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE .


    De Oppresso Liber

  19. #27 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    7,183
    Thanks
    4,421
    Thanked 5,037 Times in 3,363 Posts
    Groans
    122
    Groaned 168 Times in 166 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    It’s an unenforceable piece of nothing, we are no better off than we were.... and how much did we spend bailing out the farmers?
    WE'LL JUST PRETEND WE DON'T ALL KNOW THAT YOU SAID THIS DEAL WOULD NEVER HAPPEN....

    MORE BULLSHIT PULLED PUT OF YOUR OWN ASS.

    IT IS ABSOLUTELY ENFORCEABLE, and WE ARE BETTER THAN WE HAVE EVER BEEN IN TRADE W/CHINE NOW.

    NOT NEARLY AS MUCH AS THEY WILL MAKE SELLING TO CHINA.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE .


    De Oppresso Liber

  20. #28 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    7,183
    Thanks
    4,421
    Thanked 5,037 Times in 3,363 Posts
    Groans
    122
    Groaned 168 Times in 166 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE .


    De Oppresso Liber

  21. #29 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    7,183
    Thanks
    4,421
    Thanked 5,037 Times in 3,363 Posts
    Groans
    122
    Groaned 168 Times in 166 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE .


    De Oppresso Liber

Similar Threads

  1. Phase 1 China - US trade deal
    By tsuke in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-14-2020, 12:45 AM
  2. China's Liu He to sign Phase 1 trade deal in US this Saturday
    By dukkha in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-30-2019, 10:48 AM
  3. US has come to a substantial phase one deal with China
    By dukkha in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 10-14-2019, 02:30 PM
  4. Donald Trump: US leader hints at trade deal SUCCESS with China
    By Havana Moon in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-30-2018, 08:49 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-05-2018, 05:31 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •