Members banned from this thread: evince, CharacterAssassin, Guno צְבִי and Adolf_Twitler

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry and Meghan just can’t handle criticism

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,094 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    They only gave all that up because the Queen told them, in no uncertain terms, that they had no choice. If Harry had wanted to go off with her into the wilderness then he could have just walked away and not had the big televised wedding and all the rest. Even her own father understood that they were trying to have their cake and eat it, why don't you?
    Every link you've given is the British take on the situation. What we know in America is that Markle's father was 100% supportive and approving of the couple. Then he made a fool of himself in the media before the wedding and because of that, was not invited to attend. The two half-siblings are a lot older than Meghan and weren't raised with her. The half-sister is divorced twice and estranged from her three children, her mother, her brother and Meghan. The half-brother is a twice-divorced alcoholic and domestic abuser, also estranged from Meghan. These people are toxic. The only member of that family who's showed any class throughout has been Doria Ragland.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Iolo/Penderyn (01-22-2020), Taichiliberal (02-14-2020)

3. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Every link you've given is the British take on the situation. What we know in America is that Markle's father was 100% supportive and approving of the couple. Then he made a fool of himself in the media before the wedding and because of that, was not invited to attend. The two half-siblings are a lot older than Meghan and weren't raised with her. The half-sister is divorced twice and estranged from her three children, her mother, her brother and Meghan. The half-brother is a twice-divorced alcoholic and domestic abuser, also estranged from Meghan. These people are toxic. The only member of that family who's showed any class throughout has been Doria Ragland.
    Really? As for her half sister we know all about her. She was trashed constantly in the early days during the honeymoon period with Harry and Meghan. However it has now become clear that much of what she was saying about her half sister is true. I also expect her to dump Harry in due course.

Royal crisis: Thomas Markle makes bombshell Meghan prediction in explosive TV interview

THOMAS MARKLE has revealed that Meghan Markle is “embarrassing” and is “not the girl he raised” in an explosive interview that will soon be aired on TV.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...al-family-news

4. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Really? As for her half sister we know all about her. She was trashed constantly in the early days during the honeymoon period with Harry and Meghan. However it has now become clear that much of what she was saying about her half sister is true. I also expect her to dump Harry in due course.

Royal crisis: Thomas Markle makes bombshell Meghan prediction in explosive TV interview

THOMAS MARKLE has revealed that Meghan Markle is “embarrassing” and is “not the girl he raised” in an explosive interview that will soon be aired on TV.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...al-family-news
    This is humorous, we got a soap opera fueled by tabloids being taken serious, you two got to get our more, lot more

5. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

Cinnabar (02-10-2020)

6. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    This is humorous, we got a soap opera fueled by tabloids being taken serious, you two got to get our more, lot more
    Agree! But I think this guy has the right take on the situation.

Last edited by Cinnabar; 01-19-2020 at 06:58 PM.
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

7. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Friend of mine posted this on FB, she sums up the situation in a nutshell.

I was interested to pick up this line from Prince Harry's speech yesterday...

"Our hope was to continue serving the Queen, the Commonwealth, and my military associations, but without public funding. Unfortunately, that wasn't possible."

Of course it is not possible because it would have changed the very nature of royalty. It would, in effect, have privatised the monarchy, and the globalist corporations with shares in it would have then called the shots.

Meghan's father said yesterday that it was as if his daughter was trying to put a crown on Walmart.

This was a hostile corporate takeover bid, although poor, well-meaning Harry didn't have a clue.

8. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Friend of mine posted this on FB, she sums up the situation in a nutshell.
    Yet another post on FB sums it up perfectly! I predict that not one 'woke' member of this forum will come near this for fear of being labelled racist, go on prove me wrong!

From the Telegraph today

Cheerful reading about Pakistani heritage male grooming gangs targeting unknown numbers of mostly underage British girls and children, with the Police turning a blind eye to avoid being accused of being culturally insensitive or racist. An absolute bloody disgrace of the worst imaginable scale.

While Prince Harry was making a speech on Sunday night, Himself was in a London cab. The driver was incensed by reports suggesting the Duke and Duchess were abdicating because Meghan had been the victim of racist media coverage. “I didn’t even know she was black until I saw her mum at the wedding,” huffed the cabbie.

He spoke for millions of Britons who welcomed the beautiful American actress into our Royal family with open arms and had no concerns about her suitability. Well, not until she started writing cringeworthy mottos on bananas destined for sex workers, anyway.

On Question Time, when the actor Laurence Fox also dismissed the suggestion that Meghan had faced racism and said that, as countries go, we were really quite nice and non-racist, there was uproar in the ‘woke’ echo chamber of social media. The rest of the country simply nodded and said: “Too right, mate.”

An audience member (naturally, she turned out to be an academic and regular BBC contributor) then accused Fox of “white privilege”. That charge is supposed to intimidate its target into silence. Refreshingly, Fox refused to be cowed. He pointed out that nervousness surrounding the issue of racism meant that “things like the Manchester grooming scandal get ignored”.

How painfully true that was. In the very week that an excoriating 150-page report revealed that Greater Manchester Police (GMP) knew of grooming gangs sexually exploiting almost a hundred girls, some as young as 12, “in plain sight”, Question Time did not feature a single question on the topic.

The BBC was keen to indulge the notion that a cossetted multi-millionairess had been a victim of racism, while completely ignoring girls like Victoria Agoglia, who died after having her 15-year-old veins filled with heroin so she could be raped by dozens of “Asian” (Pakistani-heritage) men.

I ask you, which case is of greater national significance? A duchess who leaves the Royal family after 20 months because it’s “not working for me”, or the revelation that police officers turned a blind eye to scores of children being grotesquely violated because to arrest their tormentors might look like cultural insensitivity?

Not much “white privilege” for poor Victoria Agoglia, whose grandmother begged in vain for police and social services to help her. Nor for the 11-year-old in Oxford whose buttock was branded with the initial of her British-Pakistani “owner”. On the contrary. The girls being white, and their abusers being non-white, made it much less likely they would be protected.

At long last, we now have conclusive proof of that. After a five-year investigation, the Independent Office for Police Conduct has just upheld a complaint against a senior Rotherham officer who admitted that his force ignored the sexual abuse of girls by grooming gangs “for decades” because it was afraid of increasing “racial tensions”.

The copper, who was unable to be identified, told a missing child’s distraught father that grooming was “P----s----ing”, and admitted that “what with it being Asians, we can’t afford for this to be coming out”, because the town “would erupt”.

Keeping the lid on social unrest, not upsetting “the community”, that was the main thing. Young girls pimped, threatened, tortured? Why, they were just collateral damage in the greater project of multiculturalism.

After Victoria Agoglia died of an overdose administered by an older man in 2003, official denial became a lot harder – although that didn’t stop the coroner at Victoria’s inquest doing his best. He “recognised the multiple concerns”, but pointed out that the girl had a “propensity to provide sexual favours”. Remember that insensitive man was talking about a child who was supposedly in the care of Manchester City Council when she was coerced, before puberty, into prostitution.

GMP set up Operation Augusta to tackle “the sexual exploitation of a significant number of children in the care system by predominantly Asian men”. Police identified at least 57 child victims and up to 97 suspects. But Augusta was abruptly closed down after just over a year when police turned to less “sensitive” crimes. The report claims there was a lack of resources, but the amazing Maggie Oliver, the retired detective who blew the whistle, said that not only had GMP “deliberately” not investigated child rape, it had tried to get the official report suppressed.

You may have noticed that I find it extremely hard to write about the despicable behaviour – both by the perpetrators and by the people who were supposed to protect their young prey – without completely losing it. So, just to recap: 27 towns and cities so far where grooming gangs, made up of predominantly Pakistani-heritage males, have plied their foul trade.

Last year, the NSPCC identified 19,000 victims of gang abuse and admitted the true number is probably much higher. It is, without doubt, the biggest scandal this country has seen in my lifetime, yet still there is a terror on the part of officialdom of conducting the full public inquiry that is so clearly needed.

Back in December 2018, Sajid Javid, then home secretary, said that it was “wrong to ignore” the ethnicity of abusers. Born in Rochdale to a British-Pakistani family, Javid was ideally placed to insist that he wanted officials researching the causes of gang-based exploitation to “leave no stone unturned”

Even Javid, after he spoke out, was asked by a Muslim writer if he worried that his comments “may have fuelled hate crimes”. Thus do perpetrators continue to evade justice because exposing the hateful things men from that background have done to young girls might cause, yes, “hate crimes”. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

Consider the fate of that Home Office report into grooming gangs commissioned by Javid. Now complete, officials are refusing to make it public. Why?

We are often told that this is a complex issue. I think it’s horribly simple, actually. As Shaista Gohir of the Muslim Women’s Network told Newsnight last week: “Pakistan is one of the worst countries in the world to be a woman.” If you import Pakistan’s misogynistic attitudes into parts of the UK and they run straight into vulnerable young white girls who look, to a certain type of man, like easy meat, then you have a recipe for sexual abuse.

Furthermore, if your authorities are afraid to confront and condemn those misogynistic attitudes for fear of appearing racist, then that sexual abuse can flourish on an industrial scale.

I agree with Maggie Oliver. After the scathing report into GMP was published, she demanded that criminal prosecutions be brought against those at the top of the police. Let the guilty men be named and shamed for leaving so many terrified girls at the mercy of their abusers. Meanwhile, hundreds of victims are suing seven councils and South Yorkshire Police for their part in the Rotherham scandal. Good for them.
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 01-22-2020 at 07:30 AM.

9. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm a very reluctant convert to monarchy, having grown to respect the Queen over the years and observed the possible alternative in the likes of Trump. The problem., obviously, is all the hangers-on. Back in the old days the lack of a clear successor was a problem (as we see with Henry V111), and even further back, with our own princes, the lack of primogeniture just meant the sons had to wipe one another out in every generation. The Turkish system was even worse. The agreed answer was at least 'an heir and a spare', but not too many more. The trouble now is that people live longer, so you get a whole herd of hangers-on to whom the monarch feels some responsibility because they are close relatives . The answer would seem to me to end any automatic succession, so that the descendants could learn to look after themselves early. All the high drama about dukes and such seems to me very tedious, and I wish it had been avoided. And as for Carlo, Charles the Last as is to be, God, the boredom of it all! With luck the Queen will live forever!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Iolo/Penderyn For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-22-2020)

11. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,640 Times in 4,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,357 Times in 1,282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Maya Goodfellow, are you serious? The allegations of racism are pure unadulterated bullshit. Not surprised that TCL would play the race card but I thought you knew better.

Y
    Once again, you demonstrate either willfully ignorance and/or outright lying. You can't disprove the noted items in the link I provided, so your denial is meaningless. Here's a
    little more for you to deny: https://www.indy100.com/article/10-q...ry--WyYV966nSZ
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

12. The Following User Groans At Taichiliberal For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (02-14-2020)

13. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,771 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    I follow the royals as much as I follow celebrities which means very little but i dont see how she was treated differently than any other famous person.
    I’m sure that is exactly why Harry is leaving, he is aware of what they did to his mother. He wants none of it.

14. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Looking for my give-a-fuck concerning the limey royals. Just can’t find it!

It distracts from our frumpy Trump.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

domer76 (01-22-2020)

16. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I’m sure that is exactly why Harry is leaving, he is aware of what they did to his mother. He wants none of it.
    but then meghan is claiming racism and Diana was lily white. If they were treated the same....
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

17. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    but then meghan is claiming racism and Diana was lily white. If they were treated the same....
    The press was very unkind to her and she never felt comfortable with the Royals, it isn’t always about race.

18. The Following User Groans At Phantasmal For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (02-14-2020)

19. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

She said from the start that MM would skedaddle and so it has come to pass, Harry will be next!!

'What misery!' Meghan slammed by Germaine Greer for 'faking' her love for Prince Harry

MEGHAN MARKLE has been described as "faking" her love for Prince Harry for the "high" life, according to leading feminist Germaine Greer.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Bigdog (02-10-2020)

21. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,245 Times in 9,790 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 606 Times in 573 Posts

She said from the start that MM would skedaddle and so it has come to pass, Harry will be next!!

'What misery!' Meghan slammed by Germaine Greer for 'faking' her love for Prince Harry

MEGHAN MARKLE has been described as "faking" her love for Prince Harry for the "high" life, according to leading feminist Germaine Greer.
    White America elected a Black president, ... and suddenly the Democrats accuse Whites of being "The one and only Racist Race".

Great Britain brings a "black" woman into the Royal Family and makes her a Princess, .... and suddenly White Brits are the most racist people in White Europe.

WTF?
    "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."
    — Joe Biden on Obama.

Socialism is just the modern word for monarchy.

D.C. has become a Guild System with an hierarchy and line of accession much like the Royal Court or priestly classes.

Private citizens are perfectly able of doing a better job without "apprenticing".

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigdog For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (02-11-2020)

23. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,030 Times in 8,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Worth noting, that Greer does not know Markle. They have never met.

24. The Following User Groans At Walt For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (02-11-2020)