Members banned from this thread: evince, CharacterAssassin, Guno צְבִי and Adolf_Twitler

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry and Meghan just can’t handle criticism

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,094 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    She certainly doesn't suffer fools gladly and has the same relationship to the tabloid Press that a dog has to a lamppost.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...nstrative.html
    The Telegraph's a conservative source, I wouldn't expect them to say anything bad about the royals. Here's another source:

"Princess Anne isn’t very friendly at all. In fact, she refuses to shake hands with the public and has very little patience for photo calls. As a result, she’s been nicknamed by the press –“Her Royal Rudeness.” Like her father, Prince Philip, the princess’ brash nature can often rub people the wrong way. She once gravely insulted former Prime Minister Tony Blair’s wife. According to E! News, when Cherie Blair met the princess, she asked her to call her by her first name. Princess Anne coldly replied, ” Actually, let’s not go that way. Let’s stick to Mrs. Blair, shall we?”

"In mid-January 2019, Prince Philip –Princess Anne’s elderly father was involved in a car wreck. When asked by the press about her father’s well-being Princess Anne responded nastily, “I’ve no idea, you know where I am, the same place as you.” Journalists Rebecca Hyde and Angela Mollard were horrified by the princess reaction. They told Express U.K, “Can you believe it? This is why the royal family gets such a bad rap. This is the Duke of Edinburgh’s daughter, his own child coming out with such a sharp-tongued response.”

Princess Anne is reportedly the hardest working royal with the most number of public engagements during 2018. However, she apparently hates the fanfare behind it all. In the documentary Queen of the World, she expressed her disdain for handshaking and cellphones. She said, “It’s become a shaking hands exercise rather than a walkabout. Phones are bad enough, but the iPads – you can’t even see their heads. No idea who you’re talking to. I either don’t bother or just say, ‘Look, if you want to ask…I suggest you put that down. It is weird. People don’t believe they’ve experienced the event unless they’ve taken a photograph.”

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...ed-royal.html/

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    The Telegraph's a conservative source, I wouldn't expect them to say anything bad about the royals. Here's another source:

"Princess Anne isn’t very friendly at all. In fact, she refuses to shake hands with the public and has very little patience for photo calls. As a result, she’s been nicknamed by the press –“Her Royal Rudeness.” Like her father, Prince Philip, the princess’ brash nature can often rub people the wrong way. She once gravely insulted former Prime Minister Tony Blair’s wife. According to E! News, when Cherie Blair met the princess, she asked her to call her by her first name. Princess Anne coldly replied, ” Actually, let’s not go that way. Let’s stick to Mrs. Blair, shall we?”

"In mid-January 2019, Prince Philip –Princess Anne’s elderly father was involved in a car wreck. When asked by the press about her father’s well-being Princess Anne responded nastily, “I’ve no idea, you know where I am, the same place as you.” Journalists Rebecca Hyde and Angela Mollard were horrified by the princess reaction. They told Express U.K, “Can you believe it? This is why the royal family gets such a bad rap. This is the Duke of Edinburgh’s daughter, his own child coming out with such a sharp-tongued response.”

Princess Anne is reportedly the hardest working royal with the most number of public engagements during 2018. However, she apparently hates the fanfare behind it all. In the documentary Queen of the World, she expressed her disdain for handshaking and cellphones. She said, “It’s become a shaking hands exercise rather than a walkabout. Phones are bad enough, but the iPads – you can’t even see their heads. No idea who you’re talking to. I either don’t bother or just say, ‘Look, if you want to ask…I suggest you put that down. It is weird. People don’t believe they’ve experienced the event unless they’ve taken a photograph.”

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...ed-royal.html/
    She does a huge amount for charity but as I said she doesn't suffer fools gladly and hates the tabloids with a passion. As for Cherie Blair, why would anybody like that witch?

Anyway you have to ask yourself if the Royals are so terrible then why did MM want to join them? Why did she use £2.4illion of public money to do up Frogmore Cottage and turn it into a showhouse for her glitzy pals only to run away when she realised that the Royal Family is bigger than her.

She'll dump poor old Harry in due course as she's dumped all those around her like her father, first husband and her half sister. It a shame that she couldn't have been more like Grace Kelly and less like Grace Jones!!
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 01-16-2020 at 09:08 PM.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yeh so much so that they have a US edition on their website.
    I looked at the US edition and their material is a lot different, as you would expect if they want Americans to read it.

― Charles Dickens

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

She does a huge amount for charity but as I said she doesn't suffer fools gladly. As for Cherie Blair, why would anybody like that witch?
    I thought mingling with the public was in the job description of the royals so why not do it with a little grace? Actually it seems like Anne is on the same page as Harry, maybe she should resign as a senior royal.

― Charles Dickens

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

The being a royal thing seems to be a recipe for a dysfunctional life. No goal, no real struggle, no real job, no real purpose, no sense of accomplishment. I'm surprised not more of them are alcoholics and such.

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I thought mingling with the public was in the job description of the royals so why not do it with a little grace? Actually it seems like Anne is on the same page as Harry, maybe she should resign as a senior royal.
    What do less visible royals do in other countries in Europe?

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,400 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,400 Times in 6,147 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    The being a royal thing seems to be a recipe for a dysfunctional life. No goal, no real struggle, no real job, no real purpose, no sense of accomplishment. I'm surprised not more of them are alcoholics and such.
    With luck- you might find cases of dyslexia, Asperger's- even Mongolism !

Haw, haw...............................haw.

Silly fucker.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-16-2020)

9. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I looked at the US edition and their material is a lot different, as you would expect if they want Americans to read it.
    Well there you go!

10. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

In Sweden they do the same, perform official engagements and ceremonial duties of state. How many other countries are there anyway?

― Charles Dickens

11. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I think working and supporting charities is a real job if they take it seriously.

― Charles Dickens

12. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

. In Sweden they do the same, perform official engagements and ceremonial duties of state.
    . Wow. How do they handle all that stress?
    How many other countries are there anyway?
    Germany - very low key there. Spain. I don't know.

13. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Isn't this classic whataboutism? This thread is about Harry and his stupidity in marrying a classic gold digger. If you dislike the other royals and there's much to dislike then start another thread about them. It looks like there will be a drastic reorganisation with far fewer entitled to public money in future, which is as it should be.

14. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The Queen is the head of state for 15 countries around the world, did you know that? The Duke of Edinburgh is head of many charities and has run the Duke of Edinburgh medal scheme for very many years. My oldest son got a silver medal and was going for a gold but stopped when he went to uni.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_...gh's_Award

15. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

In Sweden they do the same, perform official engagements and ceremonial duties of state. How many other countries are there anyway?
    In Thailand you can go to prison for saying anything bad about the Royal Family.

16. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Isn't this classic whataboutism? This thread is about Harry and his stupidity in marrying a classic gold digger. If you dislike the other royals and there's much to dislike then start another thread about them. It looks like there will be a drastic reorganisation with far fewer entitled to public money in future, which is as it should be.
    I don't see Markle as a gold digger. She had a successful career before meeting Harry and has done charity work her entire adult life. My beef is with people singling her out for criticism. Harry picked her and knew what he was getting so I'm not buying the "poor Harry" bit.

― Charles Dickens

17. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-22-2020)