Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Evolution vs Creationism---Is there a God? Or is it all just random chance?

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,288 Times in 10,487 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,908 Times in 4,224 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
    I believe that God created the beginnings of life on this planet and watched his creations evolve. When man came on the scene he created Satan to tempt man. And here we are today.
    ^At least a more reasonable response from a believer. Rare.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,288 Times in 10,487 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,908 Times in 4,224 Posts
    Blog Entries

That is exactly the reply I would expect from someone who is in denial that there is a higher authority than man. Many things test us on our desire for something, why not the creator? All I can say is if I'm right you lose everything and I gain everything but if I'm wrong I lose nothing.
    Why does one lose everything if you are right?

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 14 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post

^Why doesn't this surprise me?
    Hello there buddy boy.

Don't make me say it...

dem·o·crat: one who subverts authority; unpleasant, destructive, hateful, vile, malicious, vicious, heinous, ugly, bad, nefarious, villainous, corrupt, malevolent, hideous, wicked, harm, pain, catastrophe, calamity, ill willed, a reviler; a defamer; a slanderer; a detractor; a carper; a calumniator; a muckraker; a vilifier; a disparager; a slanderer; a maligner; a detractor; a denigrator; a traducer; a vituperator; a castigator; a libeler; a defiler; a traitor; a debaser;

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,614 Times in 11,611 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    You are right and it is my fault for making assumptions
    Thank you it takes a big person to admit they made a mistake.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    It's also not a scientific theory. It's a #strawman.
    ????.....you say evolution is a strawman?.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post

Now philosophically that doesn’t necessarily mean creationism is wrong. It just isn’t science.
    the same is true for the fantasies some attribute to "evolution"......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    So for Creationist it boils down to put up or shut up. Either provide us with a model that works or be ignored by science. The choice is yours.
    do you agree that science should ignore all models which cannot be tested by the scientific method?......

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iron-Merc View Post
    I'm definitely a creationist at heart. I believe that God is real, Jesus is the son of God. Humans are chained to a lie because that is the desire of our enemy. Satan has made his kingdom here on earth and has great influence over the human race. As evidenced in the garden of Eden, he caused the fall of humanity, the turn away from God and this is how "death" entered into our vocabulary.

In reference to evolution, its still just a theory. For one there are no transition forms in the fossil record. For another 99% of all mutations are bad. Evolution is a mathematical impossibility when you sit down and look at the odds.

For example, if evolution were true, what is the deal with all the fraudulent fossils? Surely there would be no need to "fake" the missing links between species, yet this seems to be a re-occurring theme that evolutionists cannot escape from.

Please share you views on this, I am eager to gain in insight and knowledge and that is exactly what this thread is about. I don't want this to turn into a political pissing match. Let's not mock or demean, simply list your argument and your evidence and debate your points as you see fit.

Good luck and God speed!
    I believe in GOD; but I also believe in evolution, because I believe that it's part of God's end goal.

We were given free will and at times it's a blessing and a curse; because while it can lead to great decisions, it can also lead to great disasters.

I also don't believe that who we are now, will be what defines humans at some time in the distant future.

I also don't believe that we are the only living things in all of the universes; because what would be the purpose for all of them, if it's just for us to look at.

We've only been on this planet for a very short period of time and no one has been able to explain to me how long GOD's day is.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    What's the point of tempting man? Some kind of divine amusement?
    FREE WILL

10. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

Iron-Merc (01-12-2020)

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If I believed that there was such a being, which I do not, I would agree with you that you are correct. His tool is squatting in our White House at this present time. That you all worship a lying, cheating, bullying, cruel, and stupid man and believe that a god lifted him up to the highest office in the land shows how very clever Lucifer is. He has cloaked your eyes with dollar signs and false pride.

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

?

So this god puts tempting things in front of us, and if we partake, we fail and are punished?

If a human parent did that, we'd call it child abuse.

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That is exactly the reply I would expect from someone who is in denial that there is a higher authority than man. Many things test us on our desire for something, why not the creator? All I can say is if I'm right you lose everything and I gain everything but if I'm wrong I lose nothing.
    I agree; but my comment is more like:

If I'm wrong, then I've just wasted my time; but if you're wrong, then you're just wasted.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

Iron-Merc (01-12-2020)

15. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,816 Times in 14,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

yes there is a g-d but Christianity is idolatry

“If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

16. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Now you are playing the let's be asinine non believers game. you do realize everything you mentioned is a part of man's evolution. Why does it bother you non believers so much that we believe in a supreme being? I believe it's fear you may be wrong so you must deride our beliefs to try to allay your fears!
    It seems to boil down to their fear of the unknown and a need to have everything laid out in black and white.

17. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If you see derision towards you in my post that's on you. I'm merely questioning the existence of an arbitrary game-playing god who uses us for his amusement. I'm more of a pan-theist than an atheist. "If one god is real, they all are."

I can't speak for other non-Xtians, of course, but personally I don't care what someone believes as long as they don't use that belief to justify being an asshole.
    No one has suggested that it's for GOD's amusement, except for the non-believers.