Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Evolution vs Creationism---Is there a God? Or is it all just random chance?

1. #151 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,129 Times in 11,701 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
    That is exactly the reply I would expect from someone who is in denial that there is a higher authority than man. Many things test us on our desire for something, why not the creator? All I can say is if I'm right you lose everything and I gain everything but if I'm wrong I lose nothing.
    If you are wrong, you lost the time and possibly more than you want to lose, depending on how wrong you are. Yet, you have the ability to repent of that error, change your ways, advance in your knowledge between good and evil, and work to return to God, now the wiser.

2. #152 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    So for Creationist it boils down to put up or shut up. Either provide us with a model that works or be ignored by science. The choice is yours.
    Science has nothing to do with the Theory of Creation, the Theory of Evolution, or the Theory of Abiogenesis.

3. #153 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

To think that the human race all started with Adam and Eve is to admit that our race started out as inbred idiots that had incest with Mom, Sis, Granny, and Auntie-roo!!

Brilliant!

Last edited by Adolf_Twitler; 01-28-2020 at 08:37 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Adolf_Twitler For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-29-2020)

5. #154 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    No. Satan actually has a purpose. If we are to know good, we must know evil. These two concepts are related. How can one know what is good without knowing what is evil?
    It is the tempting by Satan that teaches man the difference, else we would never know the difference.
    Spot on.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

6. #155 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Our punishment comes out of own choosing. We are free to choose. We are not free of the consequences of that choice.

A child learning undergoes the same thing. Mistakes will be made. The child learns from them. A parent is there so the child does not make an error so great as to destroy himself. Experience is the best teacher.
    And sometimes the parent has to allow the child to make those errors or else, now is the child to understand.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

gfm7175 (01-29-2020), Into the Night (01-29-2020)

8. #156 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    To think that the human race all started with Adam and Eve is to admit that our race started out as inbred idiots that had incest with Mom, Sis, Granny, and Auntie-roo!!

Brilliant!

This is just you lying; but while I can explain it to you, I can't make you understand.

9. #157 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,714 Times in 27,344 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

The Theory of Evolution is not science. It is a religion, like any other. It is based on an initial circular argument and has arguments extending from it...an excellent definition for any religion, speaking from philosophy.
    Evolution by natural selection is on a par with general relativity and quantum mechanics as the most tested, most validated, and most broadly accepted scientific theories in the history of science. They are so thoroughly validated by testing that collectively they have attained the status of scientific tenets.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-29-2020)

11. #158 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    This is just you lying; but while I can explain it to you, I can't make you understand.

Splain LUCY!

12. #159 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Evolution by natural selection is on a par with general relativity and quantum mechanics as the most tested, most validated, and most broadly accepted scientific theories in the history of science.
    The Theory of Natural Selection was a theory of science, until it was falsified by a thought experiment. The Theory of Evolution is not falsifiable. There is no way to test it except by going back in time to see what actually happened.
    They are so thoroughly validated by testing that collectively they have attained the status of scientific tenets.
    Nope. No test is available for the Theory of Evolution.

13. #160 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,429 Times in 53,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post

Brilliant!

LOL! Here, a gift for you.

"Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

14. #161 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The Theory of Natural Selection was a theory of science, until it was falsified by a thought experiment. The Theory of Evolution is not falsifiable. There is no way to test it except by going back in time to see what actually happened.

Nope. No test is available for the Theory of Evolution.
    Wrong on all counts .

The theory of evolution is falsifiable by genetics, mutations, contolled environmental setting, and the fossil record.

Every attempt to falsify evolution by natural selection through rigorous scientific testing has utterly failed.

The day we find chimpanzee fossils in Precambrian rock strata is the day we will have to throw out the theory of evolution by natural selection, and work on developing a new theory

15. #162 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Wrong on all counts .

The theory of evolution is falsifiable by genetics, mutations, contolled environmental setting, and the fossil record.

Every attempt to falsify evolution by natural selection through rigorous scientific testing has utterly failed.

The day we find chimpanzee fossils in Precambrian rock strata is the day we will have to throw out the theory of evolution by natural selection, and work on developing a new theory
    Even though conservatives cringe at being called the anti-science, anti-knowledge, anti-evolution, climate denier party - and they undoubtedly harbor some shame and humiliation at the vast number of science-denying ignoramuses in their party - it is threads like this that validate the Republican Party as a party of ignorance.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

evince (01-29-2020)

17. #163 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,773 Times in 27,247 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

its what happens when a party clings to ancient myths designed to sooth people who had NO WAY to figure out what reality was runs up against a time when we now have the tools designed to figure out what reality is

its called denial

denying new information because your brain is SET and too tired to incorporate incoming information

the Ole

don't bother me with the facts Ive already made up my mind

just like this Impeachment trial

18. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

USFREEDOM911 (01-29-2020)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

Cypress (01-29-2020)

20. #164 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,859 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron-Merc View Post
    I'm definitely a creationist at heart. I believe that God is real, Jesus is the son of God. Humans are chained to a lie because that is the desire of our enemy. Satan has made his kingdom here on earth and has great influence over the human race. As evidenced in the garden of Eden, he caused the fall of humanity, the turn away from God and this is how "death" entered into our vocabulary.

In reference to evolution, its still just a theory. For one there are no transition forms in the fossil record. For another 99% of all mutations are bad. Evolution is a mathematical impossibility when you sit down and look at the odds.

For example, if evolution were true, what is the deal with all the fraudulent fossils? Surely there would be no need to "fake" the missing links between species, yet this seems to be a re-occurring theme that evolutionists cannot escape from.

Please share you views on this, I am eager to gain in insight and knowledge and that is exactly what this thread is about. I don't want this to turn into a political pissing match. Let's not mock or demean, simply list your argument and your evidence and debate your points as you see fit.

Good luck and God speed!
    The Theory of Evolution is an old one. The Theory of Abiogenesis is fairly old also. Almost as old as the Theory of Creation. None of it is science. I happen to believe in the Theory of Creation, just as you do.
    Yup, same here. I am a Theory of Creation believer as well.

21. #165 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,859 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Evolution by natural selection is on a par with general relativity and quantum mechanics as the most tested, most validated, and most broadly accepted scientific theories in the history of science. They are so thoroughly validated by testing that collectively they have attained the status of scientific tenets.
    The Theory of Natural Selection has been falsified. It is no longer a theory of science.