Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 457

Thread: Evolution vs Creationism---Is there a God? Or is it all just random chance?

  1. #136 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    53,267
    Thanks
    14,390
    Thanked 17,794 Times in 12,274 Posts
    Groans
    284
    Groaned 1,117 Times in 1,064 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    Is there a question that you would like to ask, or are you just avoiding rational debate?
    Gee I only repeated it three times now. What does your comments have to do with evolutionary theory? Please explain as it obviously has nothing to do with it.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

  2. #137 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Blue Ridge
    Posts
    28,646
    Thanks
    18,190
    Thanked 9,608 Times in 7,453 Posts
    Groans
    3,551
    Groaned 1,089 Times in 995 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Fake god.

    Rot in hell, lol.

  3. #138 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Blue Ridge
    Posts
    28,646
    Thanks
    18,190
    Thanked 9,608 Times in 7,453 Posts
    Groans
    3,551
    Groaned 1,089 Times in 995 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Gee I only repeated it three times now. What does your comments have to do with evolutionary theory? Please explain as it obviously has nothing to do with it.
    Why are we talking about evolutionary theory?

  4. #139 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    37,710
    Thanks
    8,118
    Thanked 9,642 Times in 7,268 Posts
    Groans
    40
    Groaned 4,028 Times in 3,375 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    Rot in hell, lol.


    Feckless god as well.

  5. #140 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Flyover Country
    Posts
    4,895
    Thanks
    2,861
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 1,906 Posts
    Groans
    153
    Groaned 155 Times in 150 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post


    Feckless god as well.


    Almost as feckless as your Messiah, Obama.

  6. #141 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    37,710
    Thanks
    8,118
    Thanked 9,642 Times in 7,268 Posts
    Groans
    40
    Groaned 4,028 Times in 3,375 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post


    Almost as feckless as your Messiah, Obama.


    What a sad, flaccid, diversionary attempt.

    Equally as flaccid as your fake god.


  7. #142 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Flyover Country
    Posts
    4,895
    Thanks
    2,861
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 1,906 Posts
    Groans
    153
    Groaned 155 Times in 150 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post


    What a sad, flaccid, diversionary attempt.

    Equally as flaccid as your fake god.



    I've been an atheist for decades, chump. Jeebus was just a man. Too bad you can't acknowledge the same about your Messiah.

  8. #143 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    37,710
    Thanks
    8,118
    Thanked 9,642 Times in 7,268 Posts
    Groans
    40
    Groaned 4,028 Times in 3,375 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post


    I've been an atheist for decades, chump. Jeebus was just a man. Too bad you can't acknowledge the same about your Messiah.


    Sorry, cunt. I have no messiah.

    And you're still flaccid.

  9. #144 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Flyover Country
    Posts
    4,895
    Thanks
    2,861
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 1,906 Posts
    Groans
    153
    Groaned 155 Times in 150 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post


    Sorry, cunt. I have no messiah.

    And you're still flaccid.
    Obama is your Messiah.

  10. #145 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    10,043
    Thanks
    1,964
    Thanked 2,583 Times in 2,244 Posts
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 121 Times in 117 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron-Merc View Post
    I'm definitely a creationist at heart. I believe that God is real, Jesus is the son of God. Humans are chained to a lie because that is the desire of our enemy. Satan has made his kingdom here on earth and has great influence over the human race. As evidenced in the garden of Eden, he caused the fall of humanity, the turn away from God and this is how "death" entered into our vocabulary.




    In reference to evolution, its still just a theory. For one there are no transition forms in the fossil record. For another 99% of all mutations are bad. Evolution is a mathematical impossibility when you sit down and look at the odds.



    For example, if evolution were true, what is the deal with all the fraudulent fossils? Surely there would be no need to "fake" the missing links between species, yet this seems to be a re-occurring theme that evolutionists cannot escape from.

    Please share you views on this, I am eager to gain in insight and knowledge and that is exactly what this thread is about. I don't want this to turn into a political pissing match. Let's not mock or demean, simply list your argument and your evidence and debate your points as you see fit.

    Good luck and God speed!
    The Theory of Evolution is an old one. The Theory of Abiogenesis is fairly old also. Almost as old as the Theory of Creation. None of it is science. I happen to believe in the Theory of Creation, just as you do.

  11. #146 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    10,043
    Thanks
    1,964
    Thanked 2,583 Times in 2,244 Posts
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 121 Times in 117 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    shit just happens is a silly scientific theory......
    Not a scientific theory at all, obviously.

  12. #147 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    10,043
    Thanks
    1,964
    Thanked 2,583 Times in 2,244 Posts
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 121 Times in 117 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    So this is a philosophical discussion and not a scientific one?
    Neither. A religious discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    The reason I ask that is your use of the term theory in the colloquial sense and not the scientific one as there is no such thing as “just a theory” in science.
    A theory is simply an explanatory argument. Nothing says a theory has to be a scientific one. A theory of science is one that is falsifiable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    If the discussion is a philosophical one, and I have no problem with that, then I would ask why create a false dichotomy?
    This is a common conflation between the Theory of Evolution and the Theory of Abiogenesis. It occurs because belief in one often includes the other, and both are claimed to be science, when they are not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    One can believe in both and not be contradictory to each other.
    Quite right. The Theory of Evolution and the Theory of Creation are compatible with each other. The Theory of Abiogenesis and the Theory of Creation are mutually exclusive of each other. One or both MUST be false.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Now if you’re trying to conflate creationism with science well there’s not much room for discussion there.
    True. A theory of science MUST be falsifiable. There is no test of the null hypothesis available for the Theory of Creation, the Theory of Evolution, or the Theory of Abiogenesis. The only way to test any of these theories is to go back in time to see what actually happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    You’re just simply wrong. Creationism by definition is not nor can it be considered science.
    He is not claiming it is science.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Now philosophically that doesn’t necessarily mean creationism is wrong. It just isn’t science.
    This is actually logic, not philosophy. The definition of a theory comes from logic. You are, however, quite right. The Theory of Creation is not science. Science has no theories about past unobserved events.

  13. #148 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    10,043
    Thanks
    1,964
    Thanked 2,583 Times in 2,244 Posts
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 121 Times in 117 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    The premise of your thread is bogus, full of misinformation, and you attempt to present a false choice.

    I have personally run across literally thousands of people who accept the scientific tenets of evolution while maintaining their Christian, Jewish, Islamic, Buddhist, or Hindu faith
    The Theory of Evolution is not science. It is a religion, like any other. It is based on an initial circular argument and has arguments extending from it...an excellent definition for any religion, speaking from philosophy.

  14. #149 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    10,043
    Thanks
    1,964
    Thanked 2,583 Times in 2,244 Posts
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 121 Times in 117 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    What's the point of tempting man? Some kind of divine amusement?
    No. Satan actually has a purpose. If we are to know good, we must know evil. These two concepts are related. How can one know what is good without knowing what is evil?
    It is the tempting by Satan that teaches man the difference, else we would never know the difference.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

    gfm7175 (01-29-2020)

  16. #150 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    10,043
    Thanks
    1,964
    Thanked 2,583 Times in 2,244 Posts
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 121 Times in 117 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    ?

    So this god puts tempting things in front of us, and if we partake, we fail and are punished?

    If a human parent did that, we'd call it child abuse.
    Our punishment comes out of own choosing. We are free to choose. We are not free of the consequences of that choice.

    A child learning undergoes the same thing. Mistakes will be made. The child learns from them. A parent is there so the child does not make an error so great as to destroy himself. Experience is the best teacher.

Similar Threads

  1. Teaching Creationism is Child Abuse
    By signalmankenneth in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-27-2013, 12:32 AM
  2. Creationism Is Not Appropriate For Children
    By signalmankenneth in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-31-2012, 05:46 PM
  3. haven't eaten anything for ~41 hours, just by random chance
    By Kimbo Kush in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-11-2012, 01:49 PM
  4. Replies: 81
    Last Post: 04-30-2012, 10:29 PM
  5. Evolution vs. Creationism
    By Dixie - In Memoriam in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 03-23-2012, 03:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •