Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Evolution vs Creationism---Is there a God? Or is it all just random chance?

1. #436 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 19 Times in 17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Heheheh... we wish.
    Maybe we should try this https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...39#post3502639

(Cue the RW comments about "snowflakes" and "safe rooms" in 4... 3... 2... 1)
    These types of websites are their safe spaces!

2. #437 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,325 Times in 53,233 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Leftist View Post
    Maybe we should try this https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...39#post3502639
    These types of websites are their safe spaces!
    Thanks for the heads up!
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

3. #438 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

Who would that be? Are you currently not paying taxes?
    Over here, for me and many others, PAYE and such means it just goes, unfussily, before we ever see it, so who cares?

4. #439 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yea, you're doing it again. You just say it and never get close to explaining it. You do bask in it, you do revel in it. That's what a hypocritical would do. I already pointed that out. But you show signs of self awareness and reading comprehension. OwlWoman may have given up on you - but I'm new so I haven't had my full chance to give up on you.
    odd you mention Owl, since you are new......I've had her on ignore since long before you joined, so you have seen no interaction at all between us.......if you're just another Amazonerd, then I've had enough time to give up on you......goodbye......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

5. #440 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    Over here, for me and many others, PAYE and such means it just goes, unfussily, before we ever see it, so who cares?
    I mean, people who complain about taxes care. I don't care though. This whole point of conversation came up because I suggested rich Christians should pay their taxes, even if they're high - especially because it would go to help the poor which is what Jesus was known for.

6. #441 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    odd you mention Owl, since you are new......I've had her on ignore since long before you joined, so you have seen no interaction at all between us.......if you're just another Amazonerd, then I've had enough time to give up on you......goodbye......
    I don't know what an Amazon nerd is. But just because neither of you don't interact doesn't mean I don't see both of your comments in this forum. She told me she blocked you, I didn't assume you blocked her, but w/e.

7. #442 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

I mean, people who complain about taxes care. I don't care though. This whole point of conversation came up because I suggested rich Christians should pay their taxes, even if they're high - especially because it would go to help the poor which is what Jesus was known for.
    Why haven't you sold your computer, your smart phone, bought a cheap flip phone, and given the money to the poor?

Aren't you able to live in a smaller place and give the cost difference away??
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

8. #443 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I don't know what an Amazon nerd is.
    amazonerds are all the pests that infested this board when Amazon threw them out.....I have them all on ignore because all they do is bite each other on a daily basis......Owl and the Masons were the leaders of the board that was shut down on Amazon.....
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

9. #444 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

can you make us a list of the rich Christians here who do not pay their taxes?......and did you know that taxes go for things besides helping the poor?......

10. #445 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

can you make us a list of the rich Christians here who do not pay their taxes?..
    Well besides the legal practice of 'tax avoidance' which they all do, I'm most concerned about the rich Christians who try to lower the taxes as much as possible and try to prevent people like Sanders from raising them.

The Walton Family, The Kochs, the Mercers - these families tend to fund right wing christian fundamentalist think tanks that go on to sport politicians talking points and legislation. Grover Norquist being another example of being a zealous anti-tax crusader with his pledge promise to politicians.

....and did you know that taxes go for things besides helping the poor?......
    Yes I know that. But when it comes to those tax hikes they would be tied to the new/expanded social policies in question. It would be a Palpatine level play if Sanders won the WH and convinced Congress to raise taxes for increased social spending to only then to use those funds to support the military. I would be very surprised.

11. #446 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well besides the legal practice of 'tax avoidance' which they all do .
    first, do you have an objection to filing taxes the legal way....
    second, do you think this is a characteristic of only rich Christians.......

I'm most concerned about the rich Christians who try to lower the taxes as much as possible and try to prevent people like Sanders from raising them.
    and what is your objection to lowering taxes as much as possible.....

It would be a Palpatine level play if Sanders won the WH and convinced Congress to raise taxes for increased social spending to only then to use those funds to support the military. I would be very surprised.
    to be honest, I would be surprised if 1) Sanders won the WH and 2) he managed to convince the Congress to do anything at all.......did you know that in all the years he's been in Senate he has only passed three bills?.......two were to name post offices in his state and the other was to raise pensions for the military..........

12. #447 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

first, do you have an objection to filing taxes the legal way....
    second, do you think this is a characteristic of only rich Christians.......
    I have an objection to legal loop holes that allow billionaires to funnel money through various accounts to avoid paying what they should pay. As I've said before legality is not a carte blanche for morality. And no, I said all for a reason, I know it's not just christians.

and what is your objection to lowering taxes as much as possible.....
    If taxes become too low the government wouldn't be able to fund its various programs, leading to problems in various sectors of society.

did you know that in all the years he's been in Senate he has only passed three bills?.......two were to name post offices in his state and the other was to raise pensions for the military..........
    Being the only non-neo-liberal in the senate that's not too surprising. And the people of Vermont seem fine with it.

13. #448 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

I have an objection to legal loop holes that allow billionaires to funnel money through various accounts to avoid paying what they should pay. As

I've said before legality is not a carte blanche for morality. And no, I said all for a reason, I know it's not just christians.

If taxes become too low the government wouldn't be able to fund its various programs, leading to problems in various sectors of society.

Being the only non-neo-liberal in the senate that's not too surprising. And the people of Vermont seem fine with it.
    Thanks for admitting that it's LEGAL.

What's stopping you from finding your own legal loopholes??
    Last edited by USFREEDOM911; 02-26-2020 at 09:43 PM.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

14. #449 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

Certainly right. I was talking about Jesus's time, when there weren't any rich Christians (and it could be argued, if you are being purist about the matter, that there never have been). Rich pretend-Christians should certainly be squeezed till the pips squeak!

15. #450 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

to avoid paying what they should pay.
    and yet, if the law provides that "loophole" (which is what lib'ruls like to call exemptions proscribed by IRS regulations to regulate the collection of taxes) aren't they paying exactly what they should pay?......

doesn't the legislature decide which programs to provide?.......

true......if he gets elected president he won't be the only "non-neo-liberal" in the senate any more........I guess that means you think the other 99 senators will suddenly start doing the things he wants.........