Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Evolution vs Creationism---Is there a God? Or is it all just random chance?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 14 Times in 11 Posts

Default Evolution vs Creationism---Is there a God? Or is it all just random chance?

I'm definitely a creationist at heart. I believe that God is real, Jesus is the son of God. Humans are chained to a lie because that is the desire of our enemy. Satan has made his kingdom here on earth and has great influence over the human race. As evidenced in the garden of Eden, he caused the fall of humanity, the turn away from God and this is how "death" entered into our vocabulary.

In reference to evolution, its still just a theory. For one there are no transition forms in the fossil record. For another 99% of all mutations are bad. Evolution is a mathematical impossibility when you sit down and look at the odds.

For example, if evolution were true, what is the deal with all the fraudulent fossils? Surely there would be no need to "fake" the missing links between species, yet this seems to be a re-occurring theme that evolutionists cannot escape from.

Please share you views on this, I am eager to gain in insight and knowledge and that is exactly what this thread is about. I don't want this to turn into a political pissing match. Let's not mock or demean, simply list your argument and your evidence and debate your points as you see fit.

Good luck and God speed!
    dem·o·crat: one who subverts authority; unpleasant, destructive, hateful, vile, malicious, vicious, heinous, ugly, bad, nefarious, villainous, corrupt, malevolent, hideous, wicked, harm, pain, catastrophe, calamity, ill willed, a reviler; a defamer; a slanderer; a detractor; a carper; a calumniator; a muckraker; a vilifier; a disparager; a slanderer; a maligner; a detractor; a denigrator; a traducer; a vituperator; a castigator; a libeler; a defiler; a traitor; a debaser;

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,976 Times in 32,291 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

shit just happens is a silly scientific theory......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Truth Detector (01-30-2020)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    It's also not a scientific theory. It's a #strawman.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to StoneByStone For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-12-2020)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    It's also not a scientific theory. It's a #strawman.
    ????.....you say evolution is a strawman?.....
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

????.....you say evolution is a strawman?.....
    The theory of evolution isn't about things just randomly happening. This argument is only made by people ignorant to how evolution works.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    The theory of evolution isn't about things just randomly happening. This argument is only made by people ignorant to how evolution works.
    sorry dude......if you don't realize that evolution depends on random shit happening randomly, then YOU don't understand how evolution works.......

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,129 Times in 11,701 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

Not a scientific theory at all, obviously.

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron-Merc View Post
    I'm definitely a creationist at heart. I believe that God is real, Jesus is the son of God. Humans are chained to a lie because that is the desire of our enemy. Satan has made his kingdom here on earth and has great influence over the human race. As evidenced in the garden of Eden, he caused the fall of humanity, the turn away from God and this is how "death" entered into our vocabulary.

In reference to evolution, its still just a theory. For one there are no transition forms in the fossil record. For another 99% of all mutations are bad. Evolution is a mathematical impossibility when you sit down and look at the odds.

For example, if evolution were true, what is the deal with all the fraudulent fossils? Surely there would be no need to "fake" the missing links between species, yet this seems to be a re-occurring theme that evolutionists cannot escape from.

Please share you views on this, I am eager to gain in insight and knowledge and that is exactly what this thread is about. I don't want this to turn into a political pissing match. Let's not mock or demean, simply list your argument and your evidence and debate your points as you see fit.

Good luck and God speed!
    So this is a philosophical discussion and not a scientific one? The reason I ask that is your use of the term theory in the colloquial sense and not the scientific one as there is no such thing as “just a theory” in science.

If the discussion is a philosophical one, and I have no problem with that, then I would ask why create a false dichotomy? One can believe in both and not be contradictory to each other.

Now if you’re trying to conflate creationism with science well there’s not much room for discussion there. You’re just simply wrong. Creationism by definition is not nor can it be considered science.

Now philosophically that doesn’t necessarily mean creationism is wrong. It just isn’t science.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

christiefan915 (01-15-2020), Controlled Opposition (01-12-2020), Cypress (01-12-2020), domer76 (01-12-2020), Phantasmal (01-13-2020)

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 14 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    So this is a philosophical discussion and not a scientific one? The reason I ask that is your use of the term theory in the colloquial sense and not the scientific one as there is no such thing as “just a theory” in science.

If the discussion is a philosophical one, and I have no problem with that, then I would ask why create a false dichotomy? One can believe in both and not be contradictory to each other.

Now if you’re trying to conflate creationism with science well there’s not much room for discussion there. You’re just simply wrong. Creationism by definition is not nor can it be considered science.

Now philosophically that doesn’t necessarily mean creationism is wrong. It just isn’t science.
    It's both. You can put forth whichever type of argument suits you.
    dem·o·crat: one who subverts authority; unpleasant, destructive, hateful, vile, malicious, vicious, heinous, ugly, bad, nefarious, villainous, corrupt, malevolent, hideous, wicked, harm, pain, catastrophe, calamity, ill willed, a reviler; a defamer; a slanderer; a detractor; a carper; a calumniator; a muckraker; a vilifier; a disparager; a slanderer; a maligner; a detractor; a denigrator; a traducer; a vituperator; a castigator; a libeler; a defiler; a traitor; a debaser;

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron-Merc View Post
    It's both. You can put forth whichever type of argument suits you.
    Fair enough and simple enough. Scientifically you’re simply wrong as I have previously shown.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,323 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well put, MtH

15. The Following User Says Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (01-12-2020)

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

the same is true for the fantasies some attribute to "evolution"......

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

I can already tell you a fact- People do things for only one of two reasons.

Everything we do in life comes down to- We either do it to gain pleasure from it- Or- We do it to prevent some kind of pain.

Sorry, but that is about as advanced as the human mind can be in terms of motivation to do or believe in something.

So let me ask you about yourselves- Are you Religious because Religion gives you some kind of pleasure- Or are you religious because you are trying to prevent some kind of pain?

To be fair to those who are non-believers, I'll ask you the same question- Are you a non-believer because it brings you some kind of pleasure- Or do you disbelieve in religion to try and prevent some kind of pain?

Just answer it for yourself- AND DON'T ALLOW ANYONE ELSE TO SPEAK FOR YOU OR TELL YOU WHAT TO THINK!

WHAT A CONCEPT! GOING THROUGH LIFE WITHOUT ALLOWING OTHERS- THAT HAVE NO PROOF- ONE WAY OR THE OTHER BOUT A GOD- TO TELL YOU WHAT TO THINK!

THINK FOR YOURSELF PEOPLE- and what does what you think have to do with what anyone else thinks?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Adolf_Twitler For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-13-2020)

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,628 Times in 11,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post

Everything we do in life comes down to- We either do it to gain pleasure from it- Or- We do it to prevent some kind of pain.

Sorry, but that is about as advanced as the human mind can be in terms of motivation to do or believe in something.

So let me ask you about yourselves- Are you Religious because Religion gives you some kind of pleasure- Or are you religious because you are trying to prevent some kind of pain?

To be fair to those who are non-believers, I'll ask you the same question- Are you a non-believer because it brings you some kind of pleasure- Or do you disbelieve in religion to try and prevent some kind of pain?

Just answer it for yourself- AND DON'T ALLOW ANYONE ELSE TO SPEAK FOR YOU OR TELL YOU WHAT TO THINK!

WHAT A CONCEPT! GOING THROUGH LIFE WITHOUT ALLOWING OTHERS- THAT HAVE NO PROOF- ONE WAY OR THE OTHER BOUT A GOD- TO TELL YOU WHAT TO THINK!

THINK FOR YOURSELF PEOPLE- and what does what you think have to do with what anyone else thinks?
    Good point. I believe you already know the reason Christians believe.

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,416 Times in 53,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    I disagree, but will answer your other question. Good post, btw.

I disbelieve in the mainstream religions because they hold no meaning for me. To me they are empty and do nothing to enlighten me and my connection to this place we share. I've seen that many derive comfort from their faith(s), especially when going through hard times. I've seen ppl inspired by their faith(s) to do great deeds. Have also seen the opposite.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (01-13-2020), Phantasmal (01-13-2020)