Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Evolution vs Creationism---Is there a God? Or is it all just random chance?

1. #391 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 19 Times in 17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    this is why lib'ruls love taxes........they think ALL money belongs to Caesar and its wrong for people to keep any of it........
    lol do you not read the words on your money? Did you know its against the law to destroy US currency? That doesn't sound like your 'property'. And I didn't say we have to give all of it, Jesus just points out to give what is asked. There is no 100% tax rate. The point was though for the mega ich they shouldn't complain about higher taxes because those aren't a burden to them.

2. #392 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    You don't get so speak for Jesus. You don't get to usurp the judgements of Jesus. You only get to speak for you. You only get to make your own judgements.
    Alert the Church, Into the Night has invalidated all of Christendom.

3. #393 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

they are if the mother doesn't want to kill them...then you pretend they aren't......
    That's the power of choice isn't it? I'm surprised given how quickly you accept abortion in case of rape, even if rare, you don't understand the nature of that choice. As if a rape baby is less human and deserves less protection.

if attachment is the final stage of conception and attachment doesn't happen, obviously conception is not complete.......that's why I said I would let you kill all the zygotes your heart desired.....of course, that only leaves you a three day window max......
    What is conception from the religious stand point? I though it was once the zygote forms God sends it a soul. This phased conception of zygote, then attachment, then soul? If you're willing to abandon zygotes then when does the cell mass become a person? Because it won't be medically a fetus until around week 5.

4. #394 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Leftist View Post
    lol do you not read the words on your money? Did you know its against the law to destroy US currency? That doesn't sound like your 'property'. And I didn't say we have to give all of it, Jesus just points out to give what is asked. There is no 100% tax rate. The point was though for the mega ich they shouldn't complain about higher taxes because those aren't a burden to them.
    tell Bernie there is no 100% tax rate......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

5. #395 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That's the power of choice isn't it? I'm surprised given how quickly you accept abortion in case of rape, even if rare, you don't understand the nature of that choice. As if a rape baby is less human and deserves less protection.
    its a matter of pragmatism......I am willing to offer you the lives of the thousand to save the lives of the million........have I underestimated your lust for killing the unborn?......

What is conception from the religious stand point?
    I was not aware religion had a stand point on a scientifically provable fact.......

then when does the cell mass become a person?
    how quickly you forget.......at the time of conception......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

6. #396 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Alert the Church, Into the Night has invalidated all of Christendom.
    ??...did you think you spoke for Christendom?........from what I've seen so far you haven't gotten it right even once......

7. #397 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

its a matter of pragmatism......I am willing to offer you the lives of the thousand to save the lives of the million........have I underestimated your lust for killing the unborn?......
    Pragmatism, the arch nemesis of principle. But a necessary evil for democratic society to exist. Anyways, I did mention those with dependents. I'm like a mouse if you give him a cookie. I also want the right to abort children with major chromosomal defects.

I was not aware religion had a stand point on a scientifically provable fact.......
    Well not scientifically of course but there is some sort or religious explanation, no? Does God only send in a soul when He knows it'll implant, because that spontaneous abortion stuff could also happen in later stages, it's not all zygotes.

8. #398 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

??...did you think you spoke for Christendom?........from what I've seen so far you haven't gotten it right even once......
    It was an observation to be made to the Church, not a notification on behalf of the church. Literacy is a real problem on this forum.

9. #399 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Pragmatism, the arch nemesis of principle. But a necessary evil for democratic society to exist. Anyways, I did mention those with dependents. I'm like a mouse if you give him a cookie. I also want the right to abort children with major chromosomal defects.

Well not scientifically of course but there is some sort or religious explanation, no? Does God only send in a soul when He knows it'll implant, because that spontaneous abortion stuff could also happen in later stages, it's not all zygotes.
    I am not aware of any religious explanation of conception......there are the oft repeated verses regarding the womb.....
    Jeremiah 1:5
    "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
    Psalm 139:13
    For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
    Jeremiah 20:17
    ....because he did not kill me in the womb; so my mother would have been my grave, and her womb forever great...

10. #400 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It was an observation to be made to the Church, not a notification on behalf of the church. Literacy is a real problem on this forum.
    so you feel qualified to instruct the church on what it should believe?......and the biblical literacy on which you base that qualification is what, by chance........

11. #401 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

so you feel qualified to instruct the church on what it should believe?...
    I wish you understood the sarcastic meaning of my comment.

...and the biblical literacy on which you base that qualification is what, by chance........
    The point was no one can be qualified to quote Jesus or even interpret the Bible because no one is Jesus. The Church foundation is built on its interpretation of the Jesus's words and the Bible.

12. #402 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I wish you understood the sarcastic meaning of my comment.

The point was no one can be qualified to quote Jesus or even interpret the Bible because no one is Jesus. The Church foundation is built on its interpretation of the Jesus's words and the Bible.
    ???....Jesus is Jesus......and the church is the church.......atheists are atheists........I have no problem figuring out who to pay attention to........and in case you don't understand the sarcastic meaning of my comment, its not you........

13. #403 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

???....Jesus is Jesus......and the church is the church.......atheists are atheists........I have no problem figuring out who to pay attention to........and in case you don't understand the sarcastic meaning of my comment, its not you........
    But the Church isn't Jesus. If Into the Nigh is correct the humans that make up the Church have no authority to interpret the words of Jesus because they are not Jesus.

14. #404 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

But the Church isn't Jesus.
    agreed......but they are closer to the mark than the atheist.......meanwhile, I only need to look at what Jesus says Jesus said to realize you're wrong........

15. #405 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,125 Times in 11,698 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    My reference was to all the climates; because they all are changing, even as we speak.
    How does a desert climate change to a desert climate?