Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Old economic standby not working.

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,976 Times in 32,291 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Let's be really fair. You do not know what you are talking about and somehow you think you have the power to decide who is liberal and do not even have to prove that they are. And you cannot prove it makes them provide false reports. https://www.thebalance.com/do-tax-cu...e-jobs-3306325 The problem is your mind is shut tight to anything that you think is anti-Trump. Economists are not. They are just revealing what their data says.
    It is you who has no knowledge.
    ???....I don't decide who is lib'rul.......I just decide who is stupid........obviously, you are stupid.......the data is that taxes were cut.......the data is the highest number of jobs in US history, the lowest unemployment in fifty years, stock market records and wage level increase......you are free to draw your own conclusions from the data......but, as already pointed out, you are stupid.........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Truth Detector (01-13-2020)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,832 Times in 17,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,600 Times in 4,277 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    ???....I don't decide who is lib'rul.......I just decide who is stupid........obviously, you are stupid.......the data is that taxes were cut.......the data is the highest number of jobs in US history, the lowest unemployment in fifty years, stock market records and wage level increase......you are free to draw your own conclusions from the data......but, as already pointed out, you are stupid.........
    Oh if you say so in your own inimitable style of zero information posts. Just simple little name-calling and insults.

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Oh if you say so in your own inimitable style of zero information posts. Just simple little name-calling and insults.
    its not just name calling......I've proved all the things you've said that are stupid......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,832 Times in 17,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,600 Times in 4,277 Posts

None of that is true. Think about it. we have the largest population of all time. We have to have more jobs every year to stay the same. We will have more people next year. Can you see what is required to maintain the same unemployment numbers? Really think. Even you can discover that we will have more people employed to stay the same. You can understand that , can't you?
    Wage increases are due to many states increasing the Minimum wage over the objections of trump and republicans. But he took credit for the higher wages, didn't he? Some people can understand those concepts. Too bad you are not one of them.
    You cannot see what any of the data says. That is you staying the same.

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

None of that is true.
    so when the news says that unemployment is at a fifty year low, you just figure its fake news?.....and the stock market is really down since he got elected, but nobody noticed?......just this week the not-fake news said that our county had the lowest unemployment in Michigan.......2.2%.......even you could get a job here if you weren't afraid to work.........

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,733 Times in 4,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal
    Please provide some valid sourced documentation to substantiate your generalities and opinions here.

https://www.heritage.org/poverty-and...after-50-years

If you think handing some POS freeloader someone else's money solves anything, you're a goddamn idiot.

Let's see if you accept facts or use the 'that's not a valid source' excuse.
    Another conservative think tank that reminds me of the old adage "figures don't lie, but liars do figure"... here's why Heritage plays into people with mind sets like yours: https://www.factcheck.org/2014/01/ba...poverty-stats/

And the Heritage Foundation's reputation is less than stellar: https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-ideas/279955/

https://www.salon.com/2013/10/20/the...full_of_hacks/

https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.ph...age_Foundation

What's really pathetic is that guys like you NEVER raise an eyebrow about corporate welfare or massive tax breaks for rich folk that don't need them and subsequently don't deliver promised jobs. Whose taxes do you think covers that in the national coffers, son?
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

In the Detroit area, tax relief has been given over and over. The companies never come close to providing the jobs or revenue they promise. It costs a lot of money to support them with roads, ramps, policing , traffic lights and sewer systems.
    What you should offer is an experienced and qualified workforce. And that you have lots of universities and trade schools to support their staffing.
    When you offer tax incentives, you pass that cost on to the citizens.
    Overall the area gets more pollution and more costs.
    Some local businesses do well.
    This is a reality folk like CFM just refuse to accept.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

11. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Woko Haram View Post

Originally Posted by Jarod
    Take that money you’re giving to the corporations, and give it to the poor people. They can’t afford to save it So they spend it, and it trickles up.
    Or you could just stop subsidizing corporations and poor people, and let the market handle things on its own.
    Like it worked so well on Wall St. in the last 30 years? Puh-leeze! If social security and all pensions were wholly dependent on Wall St., there'd be a LOT of people in pretty bad shape now.

George Orwell

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post

Originally Posted by Nordberg
    The tax cuts were meaningless. They did nothing. That is unless you are not counting the increase in the wealth gap. And the debt. https://www.forbes.com/sites/christi.../#a8171558c138 Forbes is not lefty, so don't try that. But they are an economic magazine.

What’s up liar.

The author is a progressive. That doesn’t automatically discredit what he’s saying but don’t deny what he is.

It would be like Bryan Caplin writing an article for The NY Times. The Times is no less liberal and Caplin no less Libertarian because of it.
    Bottom line: regardless of the source, if you can't logically or factually disprove what is put out, then every other complaint is just bitching.

George Orwell

13. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

lets be fair.....only you and dumbfuck lib'rul economists........and its a given that you have NO knowledge.......
    My man, "reaganomics, trickle down" and the like hasn't worked out for the average honest working man for 30 years! A matter of fact, a matter of history … https://www.insidesources.com/reagan...ilure-workers/

George Orwell

14. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Just another tidbit from Robert Reich:

Your daily reminder that Trump’s 2017 tax cut was an utter failure, and he told a spate of bold-faced lies to the American people in order to get it passed. For instance:
    — Trump claimed that the tax cut would boost the average U.S. household income by $4,000 a year. In reality, companies gave workers one-time bonuses that amounted to only two cents per hour on average, a far cry from a $4,000 boost.
    — Trump also claimed that the tax cut would be a boon for “the plumbers, the cops, the teachers, the truck drivers, the pipe fitters” of America. Instead, the richest five percent of Americans received almost half of the benefits last year, while the bottom 60 percent received a measly 14 percent of the benefits.
    — Trump declared that the tax law would “eliminate tax breaks and complex loopholes”. This was perhaps his most laughably false promise: corporations paid their lowest effective tax rate in decades, a mere 11.3 percent.
    Far from being a boon for average workers, Trump’s tax cut was a massive handout to the wealthy and corporations — and, of course, none of those benefits are trickling down. It is far past time to rein in this unbridled corporate greed and ensure that the wealthy pay their fair share like everyone else.

George Orwell

15. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Another conservative think tank that reminds me of the old adage "figures don't lie, but liars do figure"... here's why Heritage plays into people with mind sets like yours: https://www.factcheck.org/2014/01/ba...poverty-stats/

And the Heritage Foundation's reputation is less than stellar: https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-ideas/279955/

https://www.salon.com/2013/10/20/the...full_of_hacks/

https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.ph...age_Foundation

What's really pathetic is that guys like you NEVER raise an eyebrow about corporate welfare or massive tax breaks for rich folk that don't need them and subsequently don't deliver promised jobs. Whose taxes do you think covers that in the national coffers, son?
    No, just something with which you disagree and for which you use as an excuse.

Typical left winger thinking if he disagrees with something it is automatically wrong.

You're nothing more than an arrogant asshole. That's also typical among left wingers.

16. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

My man, "reaganomics, trickle down" and the like hasn't worked out for the average honest working man for 30 years! A matter of fact, a matter of history … https://www.insidesources.com/reagan...ilure-workers/
    we've never tried reaganomics.........it had two parts.....cutting taxes and cutting spending.........Tip O'Neil and the demmycunts wouldn't agree to the spending cuts.......

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

18. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts

Like it worked so well on Wall St. in the last 30 years? Puh-leeze! If social security and all pensions were wholly dependent on Wall St., there'd be a LOT of people in pretty bad shape now.
    We haven't let Wall Street face the consequences of its recklessness on its own. We've bailed them out every time, and as a result, they keep putting the rest of us at risk.

Stop bailing them out, and things will work out much better in the long run.

Most major market bubbles and crashes are a direct result of government favoring big banks. Bailouts or the potential for a bailout distorts the risk assessments of the financial sector. Why be careful if you know the government has your back?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Saudade For This Post:

Taichiliberal (01-16-2020)

20. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

so when the news says that unemployment is at a fifty year low, you just figure its fake news?.....and the stock market is really down since he got elected, but nobody noticed?......just this week the not-fake news said that our county had the lowest unemployment in Michigan.......2.2%.......even you could get a job here if you weren't afraid to work.........
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.