Thread: I left part of my body in Iraq

1. #166 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,615 Times in 11,611 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    There's no call for you to get upset and get personal. We simply disagree. Our guys, just like all soldiers throughout history, have done grievous shit at times. 98% of them have NOT. Including yourself.

So TRE45ON took out a baddy. Goody. I don't care about Soleimani, as I've said several times. I only care that our ppl not be targeted when they are out of this country's borders, because we said it's okay to assassinate whoever you want, by our own actions in doing just that.

BTW, TRE45ON's darling Kim killed members of his own family, as well as countless numbers of his own citizens. Shouldn't we drone him? Or is TRE45ON not going to do that because they're in love?
    I'm not making anything personal. I just formed an opinion based on your words. Less than 1 tenth of 1% of combat troops commit an atrocity and they are punished when caught. So that argument is a strawman.
    I only care that our ppl not be targeted when they are out of this country's borders
    What do you think IEDs are for? Our troops are possible targets whenever they are out of the country. Another strawman argument.

As to Kim, he is the head of a nation with nuclear weapons. And is not like Solemani. Trump as bad as he is to you is the first president to get Kim to even meet with us.

2. #167 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-IL) fired back at Rep. Doug Collins (R-GA) on Thursday after he suggested that Democrats support terrorists.

During an interview with Duckworth on CNN, host Brianna Keilar noted that Collins had accused Democrats of being “in love with terrorists” because of their criticism over President Donald Trump’s decision to kill an Iraqi general without consulting Congress.

“I’m not going to justify that with a response,” Duckworth replied. “I left parts of my body in Iraq fighting terrorists. I don’t need to justify myself to anyone.”

The Illinois senator went on to says she was also “disgusted” with Collins for using Gold Star families as a political “pawn.
    What does anything done in the past have to do with one's actions today? Its the actions of the left.....not their words of hyperbolic chest pounding that matter. When one sides with a terrorist nation over the security of their own nation then by proxy they are supporting terrorism.

Showboat emotion works only on the STUPID....not those who deal in logic and reason. Truth is truth.....you plant a rose in a big pile of steaming shit, and you still have a big pile of steaming shit.

As my grandpap used to say......if you want to see the real person, don't pay attention to what he/she says, but watch the signs they leave behind.

ITS THE HATE OF THE LEFT THAT IS ON FULL DISPLAY. You hate Donald John Trump so much this makes 2 times that you have sided with known murdering terrorists.....the left openly mourned the death of Baghdadi and called him an "austere" religious scholar.....a great teacher of the Koranic ideology, a world leader....who died way before his time.

Next we find you assholes heaping phrase upon Soleimani......while blaming Trump for taking out a known murdering terrorist on the DOJ's list of known terrorists.....one that just lead an attack on SOVEREIGN US SOIL (the US EMBASSY in IRAQ). Falsely blaming Trump for attempting to start a war with Iran when IRAN and their terrorists declared war on the US in 1979....having chanted DEATH TO AMERICA from 79 to this day. This terrorist general was not within the borders of IRAN.....he was actively engaging and planning terrorist acts in the sovereign nation of IRAQ.

As I stated previously. If Donald Trump would tweet that he enjoyed Oxygen.....you democrats would attempt to stop breathing. If he found a cure for Cancer you would fight for the rights of the tumors. You stand on the dead bodies of military soldiers only when you find it might help spread your propaganda.

Conclusion: If you walk, like a duck, talk like a duck and swim like a duck (a terrorist)…...you sure as hell can't fool anyone by pretending to be a Bold Eagle waving a US FLAG.
    Last edited by Ralph; 01-11-2020 at 05:33 PM.

3. #168 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Disagreeing with a government policy or action is the highest form of patriotism, eh EE?

You are getting upset now and saying nonsense because of it. I shed no tears for Soleimani at all. I merely disagreed with the policy of assassination your Criminal-in-Chief set in place. I don't want OUR ppl to be targeted in the same manner when out of the country. They can drone all the real terrorists they want; have you heard me criticize that at all? It's stupid to call a citizen, an employee, of a sovereign nation a "terrorist." It's what bad leaders do when they're trying to convince us to sit down and shut up and look the other way.

Patriots do not obey immoral commands.
    Oh I admit I was ticked but to compare us to the likes of the Iran government is BS ticked or not.

The only time I know of us killing demonstrators was Kent Stat and that was an accident. I can't say demonstrating against the government is patrotic but it is a right in the constitution.

Lastly you say Patriots do not obey immoral orders. Who judges if an order is immoral? You seem to think droning a dirtbag is immoral I say it isn't.
    Did you feel the same way when Obama did the same thing?
    Last edited by Eagle_Eye; 01-11-2020 at 05:55 PM.

4. #169 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MASON View Post
    He got impeached Popeye!
    He bragged about sexual assault!
    Take the fuckin blinders off!
    Yawn. Quite pissing your pink panties. He is not impeached yet. Pelosi is ensuring that fuck up. Oh, and by the way. He is STILL your President. HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. #170 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,328 Times in 53,234 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
    I'm not making anything personal. I just formed an opinion based on your words. Less than 1 tenth of 1% of combat troops commit an atrocity and they are punished when caught. So that argument is a strawman.
    What do you think IEDs are for? Our troops are possible targets whenever they are out of the country. Another strawman argument.
    Wrong, there is no "strawman." Troops are not what I'm talking about. I am talking about our government officials/generals being targeted for assassination when out of the country, as we did to Soleimani.

As to Kim, he is the head of a nation with nuclear weapons. And is not like Solemani. Trump as bad as he is to you is the first president to get Kim to even meet with us.
    And for what? TRE45ON gave Kim a place on the world stage, instead of being just a nasty and brutal little dictator in a backwater poverty-stricken nation. He's still working on his nuclear program, and in fact has better, longer-range missiles now since the Great Bromance began. You haven't seen that he's been issuing threats again? Kim is WORSE than Soleimani despite his love letters to IMPOTUS.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

6. #171 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,328 Times in 53,234 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Oh I admit I was ticked but to compare us to the likes of the Iran government is BS ticked or not.
    The only time I know of us killing demonstrators was Kent Stat and that was an accident. I can't say demonstrating against the government is patrotic but it is a right in the constitution.
    Yep, Iran sucks. Let their citizens deal with that. It is not our duty to be the world's cop and try to force other countries into being nicer to their citizens. We're not always nice to ours either. And we sure as hell don't want some other country -- or the UN even -- butting into our internal business.

Lastly you say Patriots do not obey immoral orders. Who judges if an order is immoral? You seem to think droning a dirtbag is immoral I say it isn't. Did you feel the same way when Obama did the same thing?
    Obama droned actual terrorists -- al-Queda and ISIS -- from afar. If he droned citizens of sovereign nations, under the employ of their governments, then I would say the same thing: It sets a bad precedence. We don't want our ppl targeted; we should not be targeting theirs.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

7. #172 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 117 Times in 113 Posts

Yep, Iran sucks. Let their citizens deal with that. It is not our duty to be the world's cop and try to force other countries into being nicer to their citizens. We're not always nice to ours either. And we sure as hell don't want some other country -- or the UN even -- butting into our internal business.

Obama droned actual terrorists -- al-Queda and ISIS -- from afar. If he droned citizens of sovereign nations, under the employ of their governments, then I would say the same thing: It sets a bad precedence. We don't want our ppl targeted; we should not be targeting theirs.
    Fact,Trump murdered another country's general,that we are not at war with!
    That's a war crime!

8. #173 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Wrong, there is no "strawman." Troops are not what I'm talking about. I am talking about our government officials/generals being targeted for assassination when out of the country, as we did to Soleimani.

And for what? TRE45ON gave Kim a place on the world stage, instead of being just a nasty and brutal little dictator in a backwater poverty-stricken nation. He's still working on his nuclear program, and in fact has better, longer-range missiles now since the Great Bromance began. You haven't seen that he's been issuing threats again? Kim is WORSE than Soleimani despite his love letters to IMPOTUS.
    But you didn't worry when Obama was doing the same thing. What is different in droning OBL's 2nd in command and this general? Seems to me your concerns only bother you when Trump is involved. A prudent person does not allow personal feelings to interfer with reasoned evaluation of events.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

TOP (01-12-2020)

10. #174 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It amazes me how you can rationalize your flawed logic. The Drone pilot that took out Solemani most likely was sitting at a console on Nellis AFB. Every terrorist Obama droned was a citizen of a sovereign nation and took place in a sovereign nation's air space.

Like it or not the world in general look to us for guidance and leadership. We are the reason most of the world is at peace. Someone must be the worlds police and that someone is the UN of which we are a member so the job falls to us. Because we are theonly nation capable of doing the job.

Lastly anyone who says we aren't the worlds police is advocating isolationist policies which will never work in todays world.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

TOP (01-12-2020)

12. #175 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 117 Times in 113 Posts

It amazes me how you can rationalize your flawed logic. The Drone pilot that took out Solemani most likely was sitting at a console on Nellis AFB. Every terrorist Obama droned was a citizen of a sovereign nation and took place in a sovereign nation's air space.

Like it or not the world in general look to us for guidance and leadership. We are the reason most of the world is at peace. Someone must be the worlds police and that someone is the UN of which we are a member so the job falls to us. Because we are theonly nation capable of doing the job.

Lastly anyone who says we aren't the worlds police is advocating isolationist policies which will never work in todays world.
    There's a wide gulf between isolation and being the worlds cop!
    You obviously feel we have a right to be in any nations business.

13. #176 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,626 Times in 9,294 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Yawn. Quite pissing your pink panties. He is not impeached yet. Pelosi is ensuring that fuck up. Oh, and by the way. He is STILL your President. HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes he's impeached
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Michaels For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-12-2020)

15. #177 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,791 Times in 17,243 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

Lastly you say Patriots do not obey immoral orders. Who judges if an order is immoral? You seem to think droning a dirtbag is immoral I say it isn't.
    Did you feel the same way when Obama did the same thing?
    Accident? WTF. The national guard started shooting unarmed students.
    Marching against the government can be considered a duty if your government is doing terrible things. The people have a right to tell the government when they are.
    It is so important that the constitution enshrines the right people to peacefully assemble and petition the government for a redress of grievances in the first amendment.
    It is interesting that they thought so highly of that right. It makes you think there were demonstrations is their days and they recognized the significance.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-12-2020)

17. #178 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    In your hypo you seem to be missing the whole democracy and separation of powers aspect of this. That is the issue.
    We think the decision was unwise, and we were deprived our rightful and lawful input under the constitution.
    No, I am not missing anything. We are talking about flip-flopping. Democrats have given Trump everything he has asked for, and more. Floridafan criticized Trump for refusing to indulge in tit-for-tat missile attacks. One day, she criticized Trump for putting Americans in danger for the assassination, and the next day she said that he was endangering Americans by not launching further missile attacks in response to Iran's retaliation.

She wants it both ways. She and several others on this forum seem to think that they are mind-readers. They are deranged. They will remain deranged, no matter what becomes of Trump. Cognitive dissonance can be a bitch.

I remember when the Democrats were anti-war. Obama took us from two wars to seven.

Are vets being trashed? First, we have to disabuse ourselves of the notion that everyone who puts on a uniform is a hero. That cheapens the concept of heroism.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Controlled Opposition For This Post:

Saudade (01-13-2020)

19. #179 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    TD admitted he never served in the military because he was to low grade
    MOST Americans have not served in the military. That does not invalidate anyone's opinions. Would you care to describe your duties? One thing that irritates me is "stolen valor." One jpp member is guilty of it, but I am sure that you are not.
    '

20. #180 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    You can't defend Doug Collins, so you're trying to change the subject.
    I did not change the subject.

I will change the subject now. Why do certain people rubber-stamps to your posts? I'm talking, of course, about liberals who don't seem to mind being associated with a racist, white nationalist, segregationist like yourself?

If you achieved your ethnostate, which part of the nation would I get? I'm a basic white guy.