Thread: Who is the man of lawlessness?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 14 Times in 11 Posts

Default Who is the man of lawlessness?

The son of perdition, the man of lawlessness, the Anti-Christ. I wanted to put a specific scripture in the light for analysis. I want people to use this as a framework for interpretation of who exactly is the man of lawlessness and who is the restrainer? 2 Thess. Chapter 2:

3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

5 Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? 6 And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. 7 For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, 10 and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

Basically, this passage addresses a critical passage regarding the return of Jesus. Precisely, it is referring to the start of the last days. So in basic summary we can see that the spirit of lawlessness is at work already) there is a restrainer holding back the lawless one) There will be a rebellion, and as a result of this rebellion, the restrainer will be taken out of the way and then the lawless one will be revealed.

--After the restrainer has been removed, the man of lawlessness will be revealed.

-- The restrainer uses the "masculine" form of reference, indicating that the restrainer is a man. This man is strong enough to repel the forces of darkness and to hold back the work of satan. the restrainer also existed in paul's time.

In your opinion, who is the man of lawlessness?
    who is the restrainer?
    What exactly is this so called rebellion?

I will post up my theory with details just wanted some feedback from you guys first...
    dem·o·crat: one who subverts authority; unpleasant, destructive, hateful, vile, malicious, vicious, heinous, ugly, bad, nefarious, villainous, corrupt, malevolent, hideous, wicked, harm, pain, catastrophe, calamity, ill willed, a reviler; a defamer; a slanderer; a detractor; a carper; a calumniator; a muckraker; a vilifier; a disparager; a slanderer; a maligner; a detractor; a denigrator; a traducer; a vituperator; a castigator; a libeler; a defiler; a traitor; a debaser;

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron-Merc View Post
    The son of perdition, the man of lawlessness, the Anti-Christ. I wanted to put a specific scripture in the light for analysis. I want people to use this as a framework for interpretation of who exactly is the man of lawlessness and who is the restrainer? 2 Thess. Chapter 2:

3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

5 Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? 6 And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. 7 For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, 10 and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

Basically, this passage addresses a critical passage regarding the return of Jesus. Precisely, it is referring to the start of the last days. So in basic summary we can see that the spirit of lawlessness is at work already) there is a restrainer holding back the lawless one) There will be a rebellion, and as a result of this rebellion, the restrainer will be taken out of the way and then the lawless one will be revealed.

--After the restrainer has been removed, the man of lawlessness will be revealed.

-- The restrainer uses the "masculine" form of reference, indicating that the restrainer is a man. This man is strong enough to repel the forces of darkness and to hold back the work of satan. the restrainer also existed in paul's time.

In your opinion, who is the man of lawlessness?
    who is the restrainer?
    What exactly is this so called rebellion?

I will post up my theory with details just wanted some feedback from you guys first...
    Jesus was the Passover Lamb
    Apollyon is the "Destroyer",the Passover Angel!
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate