Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: FACTS TO CONSIDER WHEN ASSESSING TRUMP!

1. #421 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Gonzomin,

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    If you knew union men,you would know they have far weaker and more personally expensive health plans. They know what direction healthcare is going, more cost, larger copays, more restrictions. If they could get universal healthcare and not worry about the constant rising costs, they would be pleased. Universal healthcare would benefit them too.
    The political message that they will lose something is incorrect.
    Insurance goes up in cost every year. They subtract benefits. And insurance is an adversarial relationship. They are fighting you to not cover what you paid for because insurance is a for-profit enterprise. They use rescission. They have doctors on staff whose function is to find some way, any way, to deny you services when you need them. Get seriously ill and you will be amazed how many hoops they will make you jump through. When you are at your weakest, you have to make endless phone calls and emails fighting to get procedures covered.
    Unions don't want to go through that either.
    I think only the smartest union people will think it through to that point and realize they would be better off if they didn't even have to bargain for health care plans or make that a union issue. But many will take that other view that they put out all this effort to get this one thing and then Bernie or Liz want to take it away. Few people see the big picture. Most just look at what it means to them in the immediate sense.

It's a tough argument to make to convince them otherwise.

Sad. because Medicare For All is the best idea we have going into 2020.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #422 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,835 Times in 17,266 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Gonzomin,

I think only the smartest union people will think it through to that point and realize they would be better off if they didn't even have to bargain for health care plans or make that a union issue. But many will take that other view that they put out all this effort to get this one thing and then Bernie or Liz want to take it away. Few people see the big picture. Most just look at what it means to them in the immediate sense.

It's a tough argument to make to convince them otherwise.

Sad. because Medicare For All is the best idea we have going into 2020.
    Every union contract, healthcare coverage gets worse. Years ago there were no copays and you were covered for everything. What we all lack in America is security in healthcare. We pay more for less a;ll the time and we can also predict the future. It will continue to get worse. It will cost more and they will have more ways to cheat you out of the healthcare you pay for. Union people would love to take that problem off their plate.