Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Scientific facts do not exist

1. #181 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 36 Times in 34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    nah. they're related.
    That one is just thoroughly full of shit. I gave you a response as to your question as you can see.
    We are in an endless duration of constant change where the only thing that doesn't change is that change occurs because energy, matter and time are always present

2. #182 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

no. this is stupid. you and djs are retarded.
    If I am so retarded and you compare me to that liar, then where is your one valid example of scientific fact? Now I'm a little pissed with you Hat.
    We are in an endless duration of constant change where the only thing that doesn't change is that change occurs because energy, matter and time are always present

3. #183 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    I could sit here in my easy chair and quote scientific facts all day!

Here is one I think you'll like....

Never fry bacon in the nude! As proven by scientific fact! LOL!

You are retarded, fact of that matter is that if you fry bacon naked then you have greater risk of exposing your skin to being burned. Not scientific at all, just a fact that you subject more of your body surface to potentially being burned than you would with clothes on little boy.

4. #184 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,131 Times in 9,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by David Jeffrey Spetch View Post
    If I am so retarded and you compare me to that liar, then where is your one valid example of scientific fact? Now I'm a little pissed with you Hat.
    that's ok.

5. #185 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Gosh...I'd go bullet point on you but it's just easier to say you haven't a clue what you're talking about. Have you even ever studied science? Ya know formally that is. Not the Mormon School of Faith Based science.
    Well then what are you waiting for, share one valid example of scientific fact sick and pathetic liar. You are religious and that is what religion teaches you to do, lie compulsively and obsessively.

6. #186 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

that's ok.
    You proving to be a pathetic liar is ok, well if you are ok with that ... fine but leave me the fuck out f it.

7. #187 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

OK I need to eat and prepare for something, I'll come back and sort through the rest of the useless drivel later ...

8. #188 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You proving to be a pathetic liar is ok, well if you are ok with that ... fine but leave me the fuck out f it.
    I'll pray for you.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hermes Thoth For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (01-29-2020)

10. #189 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Well then what are you waiting for, share one valid example of scientific fact sick and pathetic liar. You are religious and that is what religion teaches you to do, lie compulsively and obsessively.

Sure you witless, scientifically illiterate boob.

If I drop an object it will accelerate towards the center of the Earth at the rate of 9.806 m/s/s. This is an empirical observation which has been repeatedly verified independently via experimentation and has an extremely high probability of being correct and would thus be classified as a "scientific fact".

Now please spare me your illiterate ranting on how you believe in something that is other than science.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

Hermes Thoth (01-29-2020)

12. #190 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I just can't figure out this crazy guy's angle.

13. #191 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,939 Times in 11,525 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Lies have been fabricated as truth for hundreds of years
    That they have. Circular arguments have been used as a proof for hundreds and even thousands of years also. Such use is a fallacy known as the circular argument fallacy.
    and proof of this is religion
    Religions are all based on some initial circular argument, with arguments extending from that. A circular argument can neither be proved True or False. A proof of any circular argument is a fallacy, including your claim that religion is a 'proof'.
    and that the foundation of every religion (the ridiculous story of how we / everything came to be in existence) is factually proven to be based upon lies.
    No. It is based on circular arguments. The other word for the circular argument is 'faith'.

There are two popular theories for how life came to Earth: the Theory of Creation and the Theory of Abiogenesis.

The Theory of Creation states that life came here through the actions of some kind of intelligence. Nothing about the theory states that the intelligence must be a god or gods. For all we know, we might be the results of a horrible lab accident and they dumped it on Earth to get rid of it.
    The Theory of Abiogenesis states that life originated here through a series of random unspecified events. Oddly enough, NOTHING about that theory precludes a god, gods, or aliens that may have produced the conditions of randomization. The random events may be of the type randR, randN, or randU. We simply don't know.
    It stands to reason that the religious created the word truth
    No, philosophy created the word 'truth', and actually defined its meaning. Philosophy also defines the word 'real' and 'reality'. Logic, however, defines the word True and the word False.
    because they couldn't pass off their lies as fact.
    Definitions of these words is by philosophical reasoning. They are not lies. They are reasoning. Nothing about that reasoning requires any god or gods, or even the use of a circular argument.
    Let's say for example, some bumbling idiot screams in the mountains and see's it causes an avalanche.
    Hope he survives! I assume he does, considering your next predicate.
    So they use this information to have people gather around a wall and hum until the wall weakened from the sound over time.
    I suggest 'Bottles of Beer on the Wall'.
    Then you got some filthy religious low life scum bag instead of sharing the fact that they noticed an avalanche because of screaming, claim the lie that it is their truth that something, now factually proven not exist beyond any shadow of doubt, gave them the information to assist the selfish and the greedy in taking advantage of those from a time of weakness for power and control over the many.
    Such a proof is a circular argument fallacy. Attempting to use that fallacy as a proof of the opposite circular argument is also a fallacy.

It is not possible to prove the existence of any god, gods, or demons. It is not possible to prove there is no god, gods, or demons.

14. #192 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You never said computer models do not exist because it is not mere belief they exist, it's a non contestable fact and proof of that it's a fact is that they factually exist.
    Proof by Identity. We agree on this point.
    I get the feeling you never learned to even tie your shoes
    and someone must take you by the hand for you to use a washroom to this day.
    How many times per day do you walk into the same brick wall while trying to claim there is no wall there ...
    YALIF.
    Again without scientific process,
    Science isn't a 'process', a 'method', or a 'procedure'. Science is simply a set of falsifiable theories.
    there would be no successful formula
    The formalization of a theory of science into a closed system such as mathematics creates an equation. This equation is called a 'law'. If a theory is falsified, the 'law' goes with it.
    thus no computers at all.
    Computers are the result of engineering, not science.
    And obviously if formulas weren't successful instead of computers all you'd have is a heap of scrap.
    Computers are the result of engineering, not science.

15. #193 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

When did I ever once claim there was scientific fact liar?

What a deliberately ignorant fool who stated.

and so I responded:

What a deliberately ignorant fool with the mentality equivalence of a 2 year old who makes up lies of what I say then tries to base an argument off of their lies of trying to put words in my mouth. This is because thy have no validity, which is obviously why they lie. Likely so deliberately ignorant out of jealousy for someone who actually has a brain unlike pathetic scientists who go around lying claiming that there ever was scientific fact.

Here this is very clear and yes it might look familiar

It is either a fact or a science of which science is a process that determines recognition of fact. Once verified or falsified as fact, it's no longer a science.

"The harnessing of electricity was a science until harnessing electricity became a successful formula thus a fact we harnessed electricity thus no longer a science but a fact. From there what to do with the electricity developed successful formulas which became fact such as the light bulb, radio, television was no longer a science because it became fact. Each new design for each new tv, radio or light bulb for example became fact through a successful formula. You want to create a new television, the science is making a successful formula and once the formula is successful, it is no longer a science but a fact that from that point that the tv exists."

love

Primary Factual Fundamentalist World Class Activist
    David Jeffrey Spetch
    Ps. Be good, be strong!
    Hamilton Ontario Canada
    Last edited by David Jeffrey Spetch
    Irrational post. You cannot argue both sides of a paradox.
    1) science is facts
    2) science is not facts

Which is it, dude?

16. #194 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You sound like a leftist basket case,
    Phenomenology has no politics. It is a branch of philosophy concerned with how the world is perceived. It defines words like 'real', 'reality', and 'truth'. It also helps to define 'science' and 'religion', though it does not define them by itself.
    for example ignore the fact that the only thing that makes a male a male is that he is born with a penis,
    Where does this come from? I never brought up definitions of gender. Since you want to go there for some reason, fine.

It is generally understood that males have something like a penis, and females have something like a vagina, depending on the species you discussing. Some species do not require a mate of any kind. They simply self reproduce. Others have no gender in the traditional sense, since they have BOTH male and female parts, yet still require another of their species to mate with.

I assume you are speaking of human beings. Yes, males have penises, at least in most cases (there are such things as birth defects, where no or defective reproductive organs occur. This can sometimes be fixed with surgery (as long as there is SOMETHING the surgeon can work with!). The same thing can happen with females. Surgical corrections to female organs is much more difficult.

make up the lie that it is what you believe or how you feel that determines one's sex
    It is not what a person feels. Gender does, however, govern how the hip is constructed, how the placement of body fat occurs, the placement (or loss of!) hair, the development pattern of the breasts (yes, males develop them too, they just don't provide milk). It also has been shown to govern strengths and weaknesses in various though processes. Males tend to be able to concentrate on single tasks quite deeply, but are weak at handling multiple tasks. Females, on the other hand, tend to be better at handling multiple tasks, but are weak at concentrating on any one task (great for watching children going every which way!).

I do not subscribe to gender by how one 'feels'. I am actually a very conservative conservative. I am a constitutionalist. My view of the self mutilation that liberals do to themselves by what they 'feel' only destroys their ability to reproduce. A horrible sacrifice for vanity.

17. #195 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You are retarded, fact of that matter is that if you fry bacon naked then you have greater risk of exposing your skin to being burned.
    Not scientific at all, just a fact that you subject more of your body surface to potentially being burned than you would with clothes on little boy.
    Nudists fry bacon all the time. Also eggs, burgers, sausage, etc. They just learn to stand back from the stove and keep a lid on the pot. One good grease splash usually teaches 'em pretty quickly!