Members banned from this thread: Jarod, midcan5, christiefan915, Phantasmal, iolo, Jade Dragon, Jack, Poor Richard Saunders, StoneByStone and JPF

Thread: Will Mitch "The Turtle" McConnell cave to Pelosi?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Default Will Mitch "The Turtle" McConnell cave to Pelosi?

I guess that is the big question. It is obvious that Chuck U Schumer answers to Pelosi and is now her puppet. Despite the Constitutions clear text, Nancy Pelosi is trying to insert herself as the rule maker for the Senate trial.

If I had to guess, I would say that McConnell is not going to cave and not because of any perceived loyalty to President Trump, it is because above all else Mitch "The Turtle" McConnell is an institutionalist and will not allow the House of Representatives to dictate the rules of the Senate.

Imagine if Mitch McConnell had said "I refuse to take up the articles of impeachment unless I think the House runs a fair process"? The howls from the media and the democrats would be deafening, and they would be right to do so. The Senate cannot dictate the rules of the House and the House cannot dictate the rules of the Senate.

It is clear that Pelosi was taking her direction from Laurence Tribe and I don't think she has thought this through. McConnell is a skilled parliamentarian and will not be hoodwinked by the likes of Schiff and Nadler.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Im liking the idea of a simple majority move to dismiss and its over in 5 minutes.
    That would make it painfully clear just how lame the house case is.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    Im liking the idea of a simple majority move to dismiss and its over in 5 minutes.
    That would make it painfully clear just how lame the house case is.
    They should co-opt the impeachment vote and use the Senate trial as a platform to investigate Quid Pro Joe in Ukraine, as well as Crossfire Hurricane.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
    They should co-opt the impeachment vote and use the Senate trial as a platform to investigate Quid Pro Joe in Ukraine, as well as Crossfire Hurricane.
    Could but they do not need to and why give any legitimacy to this turd of an impeachment ?
    Durham can handle all this.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.