Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I have set a time limit on editing...

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LadyT View Post
    Well, I have no clue what 'nefarious' means, so my "JPP Staff" vote goes to 4 days.
    LOL

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Actually I think 4 days would be more appropiate.
    um are you a number expert? Didn't think so.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grind View Post
    um are you a number expert? Didn't think so.
    Actually yes.

I have a numerical expertise cerfiticate.

4 days b!tch.
    "Fuck you niggers" July 11, 2009 Tinfoil explaining how conservatives are unfairly labeled as racists.

"You deserve to be beheaded and for your head to placed on a pike, in the middle of the park, where children can see what happens to those that act the way you do." August 5, 2009 USFreedom911's response to a left leaning opinion.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    I think you should have an hour or less. The only time I ever use edit is if I make a mistake, and that is immediate.

Any other use of it, would only be for nefarious purposes.
    Clearly.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

5. #20 | Top
    Cancel3 Guest

Well, I have no clue what 'nefarious' means, so my "JPP Staff" vote goes to 4 days.
    It means she would only do it to help her friend Tiana understand better.

I'm with Darla on this one. I think its best when used for correcting typos or spelling. Other than that, its just rewriting what you said.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,063 Times in 960 Posts

Yeah, Onceler lied, you're telling the truth.

And Bush really got the intelligence wrong, and Al Gore would have invaded Iraq too.

It's about as believable. Try selling it to...you know, I can't think of anyone who would buy either story.

Uhm... don't know what your problem is, but the thread where this all took place is there for all to read. Oncie quoted me as saying something I knew I didn't say, because of the terrible grammatical error in it, and I told him so. He then admitted he 'paraphrased' what I had said, but that didn't change the meaning, to which I asked him again to provide the link to the post where this happened. He then admitted he couldn't find it, and accused me of editing it out of the database or some stupid shit. I haven't edited anything more than 10 minutes old, ever! The truth of the matter is, I generally try to edit for spelling/grammatical errors as soon as I post, and beat the 'deadline' of having the post tagged as 'edited', because I don't like people throwing exactly this kind of accusatory shit in my face. If you have some proof to offer to contradict that statement of fact, please offer it, or shut the fuck up with the false accusations and lies. Biaach!

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Uh- oh.

Somebody doesn't like getting caught in a lieeeee.

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I am going to make a point of purposely not fixing my grammatical errors for two days and asking Grind to fix it in order to annoy him enough to make him annoy you enough to change it back.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Uh- oh.

Somebody doesn't like getting caught in a lieeeee.

I haven't lied, you have. I will challenge you to find any post on this forum that I have edited 24 hours or more after I posted it. I seldom edit anything more than 10 minutes after I post it, because frankly, it's not worth my trouble to do it. I damn sure don't edit out things I've said days, weeks, or months ago, to avoid some pinhead finding them!

I don't have any problems with Damo's policy, maybe it will help put a stop to just this kind of bullshit accusation and lie. You people beat all I've ever seen, everyone in the fucking world is lying except you, it doesn't matter what the fuck you claim.

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    I haven't lied, you have. I will challenge you to find any post on this forum that I have edited 24 hours or more after I posted it. I seldom edit anything more than 10 minutes after I post it, because frankly, it's not worth my trouble to do it. I damn sure don't edit out things I've said days, weeks, or months ago, to avoid some pinhead finding them!

I don't have any problems with Damo's policy, maybe it will help put a stop to just this kind of bullshit accusation and lie. You people beat all I've ever seen, everyone in the fucking world is lying except you, it doesn't matter what the fuck you claim.
    Well, rumor has it that you have been deleting old posts. That's what I heard the scuttlebut is anyway. Listen, you should chill out, this is just a message board. What difference does it make what people are saying about you? I don't know if it's true. It's just what people tell me. It does seem in keeping with your personality, but other than that, I really have no opinion.

11. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Watermark View Post
    I am going to make a point of purposely not fixing my grammatical errors for two days and asking Grind to fix it in order to annoy him enough to make him annoy you enough to change it back.
    good plan O_O

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

12. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hey Damo, can you see when people delete posts?

13. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hey Grind I was starting to do it, but since the rules changed I guess you can go ahead and do it for me.

Start deleting my posts from backwards to forwards.
    There is much to be said in favour of modern journalism. By giving us the opinions of the uneducated, it keeps us in touch with the ignorance of the community.

-Oscar Wilde

14. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, rumor has it that you have been deleting old posts. That's what I heard the scuttlebut is anyway. Listen, you should chill out, this is just a message board. What difference does it make what people are saying about you? I don't know if it's true. It's just what people tell me. It does seem in keeping with your personality, but other than that, I really have no opinion.
    I never have deleted a post. I don't know about the scuttlebut, I guess I don't get invited to the gossip sessions. It makes no difference to me what people lie about, I just like to point out the liars to everyone else, so we know who has integrity and credibility. Your the second liar of the day, I may go for the 'hat trick' here in a bit.

15. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 7 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    I never have deleted a post. I don't know about the scuttlebut, I guess I don't get invited to the gossip sessions. It makes no difference to me what people lie about, I just like to point out the liars to everyone else, so we know who has integrity and credibility. Your the second liar of the day, I may go for the 'hat trick' here in a bit.
    I can vouch for that. If you had any common sense you would have deleted everything you've ever said, especially about 1/3.

That being said. I agree with Darla. It should be 1 hr, and that's that. Its enough time to correct errors, and once the hour passes, it becomes permanent record.

Also, I'm thinking of changing my moniker to:

A.) Tom Tobacco

or

B.) Dick Pacific