Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Supreme Court just blew up the Obstruction of Congress charge.

1. #181 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,168 Times in 831 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 47 Times in 43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trump's Brain View Post
    So.. you're ignoring trump's promise to turn them over voluntarily while fighting with everything he's got to keep the information hidden. To you, people are only "fascist assholes" if they're threatening your crime boss. You're behaving just like a mobster. I'll bet your parents are very proud.
    Trump's promise is irrelevant. Are you claiming Obama and all other politicians kept their promises?

And retard, he said he would turn them over when the audit is done. IIRC.

Nope, you fascist assholes think you can impeach a President just because you don't like him. You have fools have set a dangerous precedent.

2. #182 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,037 Times in 14,531 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

<sigh> I hope you're right, but it's a Supreme court with a conservative majority now. Our current GOP congressmen and women are supposed to be preserving and defending the constitution instead of doing what they're doing now: trampling all over it.
    Yes...but the SC is supposed to be above politics. Thus the lifetime appointments.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

3. #183 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by OG Yurt View Post
    Are you fucking serious? Please cite any law that says that. Cite any SCOTUS case that says the fundamental right to privacy ends as soon as you become a public official.

That is more insane than anything I've heard, including Dumber's arguments.

Well there it is folks, if you run for office of Mayor or city council, you lose your right to privacy under a Democrat regime.
    Under any regime. It isn't the law...yet. But it should be. They have absolutely no right to personal privacy now. Investigative reporters work around the clock. And then there's that pesky FOIA for documents.

We're discussing financials. If you want to run for office, we have to know where your money is, and who you owe. Don't like it? Don't run for office.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

4. #184 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You obviously have zero reading comprehension. Re read my post and refute what I said. You won't, because you can't.
    Sorry...you're in the wrong thread. Try again elsewhere.

5. #185 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Sorry...you're in the wrong thread. Try again elsewhere.
    Didn't think you could refute my points. Run along sweetie pie....Here is a quarter, buy a coloring book

And here is a nickel to buy a crayon.....
    Last edited by OG Yurt; 12-15-2019 at 09:02 PM.

6. #186 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries

Didn't think you could refute my points. Run along sweetie pie....Here is a quarter, buy a coloring book
    Careful you might drive her crazy trying to color without crayons.

7. #187 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Under any regime. It isn't the law...yet. But it should be. They have absolutely no right to personal privacy now. Investigative reporters work around the clock. And then there's that pesky FOIA for documents.

We're discussing financials. If you want to run for office, we have to know where your money is, and who you owe. Don't like it? Don't run for office.
    LMAO....It isn't the law but we Democrats make up our own laws and find guilty anyone who doesn't follow our laws. Screw the Constitution or American law and listen only to Democrats.

^ Fascist ^

FOIA does not apply to PERSONAL records.

Wrong. There is a financial statement required and Trump provided it. You fascist. You don't have a right to know everything, I swear because of people like you and the Democrats over impeachment, I will step away from being an independent and do everything I to help ensure no Democrat ever wins office or the majority again.

You people are so close to being nazis.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OG Yurt For This Post:

dukkha (12-16-2019), FastLane (12-15-2019)

9. #188 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by FastLane View Post
    Careful you might drive her crazy trying to color without crayons.
    edited

10. #189 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Being under audit is no reason not to turn them over. trump is lying and you're grasping at straws to rationalize his criminal behavior. If you had any shame you'd be ashamed of yourself.

I know this is beyond your ability, but try to look at the situation logically: If the information in the returns didn't expose his impropriety, such as millions owed to Russian oligarchs.. he's turn them over in a heartbeat.

Finally, I have a question for you: What does trump's seamen taste like? Lindsey Graham was asking.
    Why do you want to know??

Sorry but that pitch was to perfect not to swing at. :lol:

11. The Following User Groans At FastLane For This Awful Post:

Trump's Brain (12-15-2019)

12. #190 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,835 Times in 17,266 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Trump's promise is irrelevant. Are you claiming Obama and all other politicians kept their promises?

Nope, you fascist assholes think you can impeach a President just because you don't like him. You have fools have set a dangerous precedent.
    Not just a random promise. Trump lied about the audit. He lies all the time. I am sure you know the IRS does the taxes for a sitting president and VP. Not this admin. Trump did not allow them to. That must be because he is open and honest. He would not let them do Pence's either because he knew that would put his hiding them into clearer focus. Do you understand this year's and last year's cannot be under audit?
    Trump is a corrupt politician who is doing terrible damage. He is shredding the Constitution and the separation of powers. I guess you rightys love dictators as much as he does.
    Trump ignores the laws and he obstructed justice. He refused to turn over government records and demand his whole administration ignore subpoenas and court orders. That is what Nixon did. obstruction.
    Last edited by Nordberg; 12-15-2019 at 11:36 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Trump's Brain (12-15-2019)

14. #191 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 25 Times in 23 Posts

Some more lovely thoughts from you. Time for you to blow off some steam and go march with your fellow proud boys, my hateful friend!

15. #192 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 25 Times in 23 Posts

Yes...but the SC is supposed to be above politics. Thus the lifetime appointments.
    That's true. The supremes don't have to worry about reelection, unlike our cowardly, criminal GOP politicians. That's why Barr is being such a bold toady. No one can fire him but trump and as long as Barr behaves like trump's personal fixer instead of U.S.'s top cop, he's safe.

16. #193 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I didn't think you wanted anyone else knowing that!

Of course not, but I've been an auditor, and no audit takes 3 years. You know he's lying about the "audit", my friend.
    Have you ever audited a multi billionaire's taxes. Its just a wild guess but I bet they are pretty complicated.

I don't see how you could know the legality of congress' right to subpoena the returns, my friend. Several courts disagree with you, and no offense, but I'll go with their legal expertise over yours.
    And they may be correct but I do know the SCOTUS would not have taken the case if they thought Trump had no case at all. They would have just let the lower court's ruling stand.

Why do you think trump is expending so much time and money towards keeping his returns secret from both the public and from congress?
    Probably because his tax attorney's found legal ways to reduce his tax liabilities to a very low amount. And he knows the Libs and their propagandist media will use it to beat up on him. The thing is legally using the tax laws and loopholes is smart. It just rubs some people the wrong way. Or maybe he isn't as rich as he claims. Again that isn't illegal but the press and his opponents would make a heyday out of it. But EXACTLY why do you think Congress needs them if the IRS isn't prosecuting him over them?.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to FastLane For This Post:

dukkha (12-16-2019)

18. #194 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Not just a random promise. Trump lied about the audit. He lies all the time. I am sure you know the IRS does the taxes for a sitting president and VP. Not this admin. Trump did not allow them too. That must be because he is open and honest. He would not let them do Pence's either because he knew that would put his hiding them into clearer focus. Do you understand this year's and last year's cannot be under audit?
    Trump is a corrupt politician who is doing terrible damage. He is shredding the Constitution and the separation of powers. I guess you rightys love dictators as much as he does.
    Trump ignores the laws and he obstructed justice. He refused to turn over government records and demand his whole administration ignore subpoenas and court orders. That is what Nixon did. obstruction.
    So you now want to hold politicians to their promises?

19. #195 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,835 Times in 17,266 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

So you now want to hold politicians to their promises?
    Sad but true. I do. I give them demerits when they lie. Trump has amassed an unbelievable pile of them. Trump is a real danger to the American experiment. Is it that rightys don't care?