Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Supreme Court just blew up the Obstruction of Congress charge.

1. #151 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,770 Times in 3,312 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 166 Times in 157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    I hope the investigations continue until Oct 31 next year, regardless whether Trump is removed or not.

Let them concentrate on the Trump criminal organization.
    At least they're finally ADMITTING it's a three-year sore loser temper tantrum.

Attachment 13385

2. #152 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    LMAO. The tax returns have nothing to do with the impeachment. Stop listening to Hannity
    Ummm, this would be relevant to ANY Congressional subpoena. But you already knew that. Nice try.
    Every life matters

3. #153 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 25 Times in 23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FastLane View Post
    There Supreme court just blew up the impeachments Obstruction of Congress case today. How you say? They agreed to review the validity of the subpoena that Congress gave Trump over his financial records. That means the way to resolve deputes between Congress and the Executive branch about Congressional subpoena's should be resolved in the court. Congress says Trump obstructed Congress when he claimed executive privilege but the court just proved that subpoena needs to be upheld by the court before Trump has to obey it.
    Hi, Friend. Let me introduce myself. I'm brand new the the forum but I understand that like me, you're a real Rachel Maddow fan

Regarding your post: Trump has claimed repeatedly that "he'd be glad to turn over his tax returns, but they're under audit". We all know that's a lie. Over the past 4 decades no presidential candidate or president has failed to make their tax returns public, yet trump has not only lied about being willing to turn them over, but has expended much time and money to keep them hidden. Why don't you have a problem with that?

If there were no issues with trump's financials, he'd turn them over. The information in them is obviously damning and we, his constituents have the right to know. Congress, certainly has the right to subpoena them and trump is breaking the law by withholding them.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Trump's Brain For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (12-15-2019)

5. #154 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,168 Times in 831 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 47 Times in 43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Trump lost these cases in lower courts. he is simply saying he is above the law. You agree. They were settled in courts. trump still refused.
    We have held that people have to respond to subpoenas forever. Nobody ignored them and no president ordered others in his admin or who may have knowledge to simply ignore them.
    These are not the same thing.
    Obama did you lying Democrat.

6. #155 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

You are lying here, OG Yurt, just like you did at umsb and elsewhere.
    Russian trolls and their supporters go on Ignore, automatically: no second chance.

7. #156 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,002 Times in 14,506 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Ummm, this would be relevant to ANY Congressional subpoena. But you already knew that. Nice try.
    Looks like you should take this up with the OP.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

8. #157 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Trump's Brain View Post
    Hi, Friend. Let me introduce myself. I'm brand new the the forum but I understand that like me, you're a real Rachel Maddow fan

Regarding your post: Trump has claimed repeatedly that "he'd be glad to turn over his tax returns, but they're under audit". We all know that's a lie. Over the past 4 decades no presidential candidate or president has failed to make their tax returns public, yet trump has not only lied about being willing to turn them over, but has expended much time and money to keep them hidden. Why don't you have a problem with that?

If there were no issues with trump's financials, he'd turn them over. The information in them is obviously damning and we, his constituents have the right to know. Congress, certainly has the right to subpoena them and trump is breaking the law by withholding them.
    Welcome to the forum.

Normally, we want to know what our politicians are investing in before we trust them to legislate. It should be law that everyone in Washington be required to show their returns, or at the very least, their portfolios.

Re trump, it's much more important than that. His returns would show that his biggest debt is owed to Putin, or Putin backed banks. There is no way in the world that he would have been elected if the country knew that.

Now that he's in office, it's obvious that every foreign policy decision he makes is for the benefit of Putin.

That's why we need to see what's behind the curtain.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (12-15-2019)

10. #158 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,786 Times in 17,240 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OG Yurt View Post
    Obama did you lying Democrat.
    Lets pretend you have a scent of truth in Obama. What does that have to do with Trump's obstruction? Trump ordered his people to ignore subpoenas and court orders. Did Obama do that? Is it wrong that Trump is doing that? Do you care about the law at all, but just love the orange so much that you do not care what he does. Nixon obstructed justice. Was that a precedent for trump that makes it OK for him? Is that how berzerk you are?

11. #159 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 25 Times in 23 Posts

Exactly. This is why trump's fighting so hard to keep his returns hidden. Let's see if SCOTUS will uphold the law and enforce congress' subpoena. I'm certain Kavannah and Thomas will oppose congress' wishes.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Trump's Brain For This Post:

Althea (12-15-2019)

13. #160 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,786 Times in 17,240 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

Exactly. This is why trump's fighting so hard to keep his returns hidden. Let's see if SCOTUS will uphold the law and enforce congress' subpoena. I'm certain Kavannah and Thomas will oppose congress' wishes.
    Sometimes a case is so clear and simple that even a slanted Supreme has to vote the right way. Thomas being the exception.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Althea (12-15-2019)

15. #161 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Lets pretend you have a scent of truth in Obama. What does that have to do with Trump's obstruction? Trump ordered his people to ignore subpoenas and court orders. Did Obama do that? Is it wrong that Trump is doing that? Do you care about the law at all, but just love the orange so much that you do not care what he does. Nixon obstructed justice. Was that a precedent for trump that makes it OK for him? Is that how berzerk you are?
    It is called a scintilla of truth, not a scent of truth.

Tell me, why was Eric Holder held in contempt of Congress?

And it has everything to do with today's impeachment proceedings. It shows Democrats are dishonest. It shows they will allow a Democrat to supposedly obstruct Congress, but not a Republican President. It proves beyond a shadow of a doubt their sham impeachment proceedings are nothing but political bullshit and nothing to do with the Constitution or their duty to represent the People.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to OG Yurt For This Post:

Sailor (12-15-2019)

17. #162 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I knew Democrats hated privacy, but you guys have lost it over Trump.

Fascist assholes.

18. #163 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

trump has lost this case twice already. SC has no option but to rule against trump. He's just trying to run out the clock

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Trump's Brain (12-15-2019)

20. #164 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I knew Democrats hated privacy, but you guys have lost it over Trump.

Fascist assholes.
    You lose all rights to privacy once you become a public official.

Or are you against Anthony Weiner's perversions being spread around?

21. #165 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It is called a scintilla of truth, not a scent of truth.

Tell me, why was Eric Holder held in contempt of Congress?

And it has everything to do with today's impeachment proceedings. It shows Democrats are dishonest. It shows they will allow a Democrat to supposedly obstruct Congress, but not a Republican President. It proves beyond a shadow of a doubt their sham impeachment proceedings are nothing but political bullshit and nothing to do with the Constitution or their duty to represent the People.
    I see that you too are confused in this thread. Said SC case has absolutely nothing to do with Congress, or impeachment.