1. #196 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    The ‘spineless’ republicans are the ones trying to put a stop to this insanity.
    If they wanted to do that they would stop supporting President Trump.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

USFREEDOM911 (12-15-2019)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Micawber (12-15-2019)

4. #197 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Southern Chicken,

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Chicken View Post
    The problem is that there is only opinion and no proof.
    Nothing can serve as proof to those whose minds are closed even to the possibility of misconduct.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

6. #198 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    I've heard a half-dozen former federal prosecutors say that most of the convictions in their courts for extortion...were obtained with less "proof."

Trump attempted to extort President Zelensky. The evidence all points to that...and I feel the evidence is sufficient to be considered "beyond a reasonable doubt."

If you don't...then you don't.
    I am willing to wager that all of those former federal prosecutors were in cases where the accused were allowed to face their accusers. I bet those same prosecutors would agree that this is an example of not having due process stipulations.

7. #199 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Southern Chicken,

Nothing can serve as proof to those whose minds are closed even to the possibility of misconduct.
    That is why facts are introduced and tested by both sides,correct?

8. #200 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Darth,

If they wanted to do that they would stop supporting President Trump.
    Why? What has Trump been proven guilty of?

9. #201 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"Pelosi herself said impeachment should be bipartisan or not at all. "

'Should' being the operative word.

It assumes that Representatives will honestly and openly consider the case, without predetermination.

It assumes they will honor their oath to protect and hold allegiance to the Constitution above all else.

It assumes they will be loyal to the United States over their political party.

10. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

11. #202 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"Pelosi herself said impeachment should be bipartisan or not at all. "

'Should' being the operative word.

It assumes that Representatives will honestly and openly consider the case, without predetermination.

It assumes they will honor their oath to protect and hold allegiance to the Constitution above all else.

It assumes they will be loyal to the United States over their political party.
    Do you have proof that they aren't doing the above? Besides accusations?

12. #203 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Hello Darth,

What that says is that representatives sometimes vote against their own beliefs if they think their constituents believe otherwise.
    Well lol.

What does it mean when so many of their constituents ‘believe otherwise’?

And these are democrat constituents we’re talking about. They’ve all been deluded by Fox?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

13. #204 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

The whole "it must be bipartisan" is a ridiculous constriction to place on oneself. It presupposes good faith and conscience on the part of all.
    If the by sheer number the senate can "acquit" the president and that number is a lockstep cult that does not share the frame of reference of reason, rule of law
    and morality, then you could never bring impeachment, even if Trump got on Air Force 1 and nuked the USA.

If Republicans will simply go along with any trouble Trump gets himself into you could never have impeachment with "Pelosi's" earlier stance.

The "rule" should simply include it is preferable if it has bipartisan support. Bipartisan support
    should not be the crucible or test. For instance, you could have impeachment when there is bipartisan support when NO wrong was actually done.

The substance and virtue of the case must always dictate how they act. Here no person of good conscience can do other than impeach Trump and remove
    him from office. Anyone voting otherwise is bought and corrupted and themselves violating their oaths. Hence my traitor list.
    It is as ipso facto as it can get. You vote Trump out or you are yourself "worthy" of impeachment.

14. #205 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Your baffling bullshit is at least amusing lol.

Do you possess magical powers to get into Zelensky’s head? Or Trump’s head, for that matter? The call transcript is innocuous. The ‘favor’ was prefaced with things that our country *had already done* for Ukraine and NOT made contingent on anything else. And that should be apparent to anyone who can read on the 7th grade level.

You can argue that it was improper or unseemly for Trump to bring up Hunter Biden but that hardly rises to the level of an impeachable offense. Then again, it can be argued that Hunter’s relationship with a sketchy Ukrainian gas firm wasn’t an unreasonable topic—at all, really. Trump has only been harping about government corruption since about 2015 or so.

Add to it, nothing was done by Zelensky—the ‘favor’ apparently went in one ear and out the other. But I expect that goes on quite a bit with our foreign handouts. Ukraine got their lethal weapons that were withheld under Obama; therefore, Russia was prevented from taking all of Europe and invading Great Britain. Everyone should be happy.

Remind me again what this is all about.
    Nice job of playing dumb.

15. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Micawber (12-15-2019)

17. #206 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Southern Chicken,

That is why facts are introduced and tested by both sides,correct?
    What does any proof matter to closed minds?

18. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Micawber (12-15-2019)

20. #207 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Micawber,

I wish you were on those House committees so that you could have explained this to the Republicans who expressed the same ignorance of the law.

And the ironic thing was the number of times they complained about the procedure and said it wouldn't happen that way in a 'real' court of law.

Proving they have zero qualms about arguing it from both sides of the knowledge issue.

What hypocrites.
    I wish I was too. But in innumerable other ways and perhaps this one too, the Republicans played the fool and were outed for exactly what they are.
    We are beating our heads against a wall. I could spend 10 hours splaying out each article of evidence presented in list form here and the conclusive cumulative effect
    would convince any rational and open mind exactly and with zero room for doubt what happened here. But we are not dealing with open minds. We are dealing
    with people whose alpha-omega intent is to provide themselves with a figleaf, a mere piffle and trifle, and to cling to that to the exclusion of everything
    else so they can mouth the "nay" vote. Quite simply they are politically corrupted and country and truth be damned. They are under orders to acquit. All they are doing
    is looking for the largest fig leaf to cover the shame. The result is preordained.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

Frank Apisa (12-15-2019), PoliTalker (12-15-2019)

22. #208 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

I am willing to wager that all of those former federal prosecutors were in cases where the accused were allowed to face their accusers. I bet those same prosecutors would agree that this is an example of not having due process stipulations.
    Basically, Democrats don’t want to subject their crime theory to things like due process until it gets to the Senate—which still isn’t a slam dunk based on some of what I’ve been hearing.

There was no debating the guilt of either Nixon or Clinton in their Senate trials—it was only a question of whether it warranted removal.

Democrats want to skip ‘the due process thing lol’ and proclaim Trump guilty with their *tightly controlled* Schiff hearing. Yet it seems to surprise them that republicans [and even some democrats] are calling bullshit on it. I guess they realize this but who knows..but democrats are faced with trying to establish Trump’s guilt in the Senate, where the other side gets to tell their story, finally.

Where Republicans get to call one or both of the Biden’s to see if Trump may have had a *responsibility* to ask Zelensky for an investigation. Pelosi and company may insist that they are innocent but, rest assured, they’ll be sitting there with both fingers crossed while the Biden’s are under oath.

To say things could get messy for Democrats is an understatement. Democrats warrant their own chapter in The Book of Hubris.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

23. #209 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

I disagree. It was a piss poor slipshod job and a masterful admission of corruption. His bad faith is transparent to me.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

PoliTalker (12-15-2019)

25. #210 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

I disagree. It was a piss poor slipshod job and a masterful admission of corruption. His bad faith is transparent to me.