1. #211 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Southern Chicken,

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Chicken View Post
    Why? What has Trump been proven guilty of?
    President Trump has been proven guilty of nothing to closed minds. They have not honestly considered the evidence.

It is not possible to prove something to somebody who already has their mind made up.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 2 Users Groan At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (12-15-2019), USFREEDOM911 (12-15-2019)

3. #212 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

"How do you plead Mr Trump

Guilty"

"Ok off to jail with you then."

Transcript approximation ^

Darth at law: No, no, when Trump said guilty he was talking about something else, not the plea deal."

This is essentially what Darth is reduced to arguing. ^^^^

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

PoliTalker (12-15-2019)

5. #213 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Southern Chicken,

Do you have proof that they aren't doing the above? Besides accusations?
    The House hearings showed very clearly that Republicans were only interested in defending President Trump, not hearing the evidence against him.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. The Following 2 Users Groan At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

7. #214 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Well lol.

What does it mean when so many of their constituents ‘believe otherwise’?

And these are democrat constituents we’re talking about. They’ve all been deluded by Fox?
    No.

8. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

USFREEDOM911 (12-15-2019)

9. #215 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,129 Times in 9,659 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Southern Chicken,

The House hearings showed very clearly that Republicans were only interested in defending President Trump, not hearing the evidence against him.
    there is none.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hermes Thoth For This Post:

11. #216 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Hello Southern Chicken,

What do you call a ‘trial’ where the accused has no one to testify to their innocence?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (12-15-2019)

13. #217 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

I am willing to wager that all of those former federal prosecutors were in cases where the accused were allowed to face their accusers. I bet those same prosecutors would agree that this is an example of not having due process stipulations.
    So far, there has been no trial.

If there is a trial and "his accusers" are required to testify...we may discuss this further.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

PoliTalker (12-15-2019)

15. #218 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Now it is officially in documented history that the Democratic party hid the due diligence for Democracy
    ftfy.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

17. #219 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    As is refusing to comply with all subpoenas and refusing to provide any witness testimony. Obstruction of justice to the max!
    no court orders, no obligation, no obstruction......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Darth Omar (12-15-2019), Earl (12-15-2019), USFREEDOM911 (12-15-2019)

19. #220 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post
    So now he continues being president enacting the republican agenda of appointing racist judges, attacking Black and Brown people, defunding education, welfare and foodstamps, eliminating healthcare and did I mention attacking BLACK AND BROWN PEOPLE?

I guess if you're not Black or Brown......you have nothing to worry about.

Seems racist, right wing, republican men, are above the law.
    what have you got to lose except your mind.....

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (12-15-2019)

21. #221 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    no court orders, no obligation, no obstruction......
    Zero chance that one will stick to the wall lol.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (12-15-2019)

23. #222 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Micawber,

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    The whole "it must be bipartisan" is a ridiculous constriction to place on oneself. It presupposes good faith and conscience on the part of all.
    If the by sheer number the senate can "acquit" the president and that number is a lockstep cult that does not share the frame of reference of reason, rule of law
    and morality, then you could never bring impeachment, even if Trump got on Air Force 1 and nuked the USA.

If Republicans will simply go along with any trouble Trump gets himself into you could never have impeachment with "Pelosi's" earlier stance.

The "rule" should simply include it is preferable if it has bipartisan support. Bipartisan support
    should not be the crucible or test. For instance, you could have impeachment when there is bipartisan support when NO wrong was actually done.

The substance and virtue of the case must always dictate how they act. Here no person of good conscience can do other than impeach Trump and remove
    him from office. Anyone voting otherwise is bought and corrupted and themselves violating their oaths. Hence my traitor list.
    It is as ipso facto as it can get. You vote Trump out or you are yourself "worthy" of impeachment.
    That's why she said 'should,' and not 'must.'

The 'should' does not recognize a threat of being tweet-slapped, for instance.

24. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

25. #223 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    So far, there has been no trial.

If there is a trial and "his accusers" are required to testify...we may discuss this further.
    Then there was no need to assert the former federal prosecutor's opinions.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Southern Chicken For This Post:

Earl (12-15-2019)

27. #224 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Basically, Democrats don’t want to subject their crime theory to things like due process until it gets to the Senate—which still isn’t a slam dunk based on some of what I’ve been hearing.

There was no debating the guilt of either Nixon or Clinton in their Senate trials—it was only a question of whether it warranted removal.

Democrats want to skip ‘the due process thing lol’ and proclaim Trump guilty with their *tightly controlled* Schiff hearing. Yet it seems to surprise them that republicans [and even some democrats] are calling bullshit on it. I guess they realize this but who knows..but democrats are faced with trying to establish Trump’s guilt in the Senate, where the other side gets to tell their story, finally.

Where Republicans get to call one or both of the Biden’s to see if Trump may have had a *responsibility* to ask Zelensky for an investigation. Pelosi and company may insist that they are innocent but, rest assured, they’ll be sitting there with both fingers crossed while the Biden’s are under oath.

To say things could get messy for Democrats is an understatement. Democrats warrant their own chapter in The Book of Hubris.
    If President Trump had a responsibility to request an investigation then he would not ask for it as a favor. He's Trump. He's a bully. Trump does not ask for things. He demands them. You don't know our President very well if you don't agree.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 12-15-2019 at 09:09 AM.

28. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

29. #225 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts

Hello Southern Chicken,

Hearing and truth can be two different things.
    They were weighing in on the truth of the evidence presented against the accused.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Southern Chicken For This Post:

Earl (12-15-2019)