Thread: Still targeting Black and Brown young men

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    do you want illegal guns off the street and out of the hands of violent gangs or not?
    Most the guns illegal or not are in the hands of violent racist white men. I want the guns away from them.

They are a danger to society.

You repeating lies that all gang members are Black and Brown and walking the streets with illegal guns.....don't make it true.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,740 Times in 14,334 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post
    I personally don't depend on states or databases. They usually skew the results to fit the narrative. I go by actual history and experiences.

But true....they will find more drugs and guns in any other neighborhood outside of Black communities. When the right talks about confiscating guns......they are talking about confiscating from Black and Brown americans.
    You cited a study by an organization that is heavily biased against the policy they investigated. Surely, they should have statistics about arrests. Or do they just object to the database?

Your link cites a claim that more than 3000 people have been removed from the database, simply by complying with some inane process that NYPD offers.

So is this a case of disagreeing with the concept of the database, or is it ACTUALLY as heinous as stop and frisk used to be with respect to arrest numbers?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Most the guns illegal or not are in the hands of violent racist white men. I want the guns away from them.

They are a danger to society.

You repeating lies that all gang members are Black and Brown and walking the streets with illegal guns.....don't make it true.
    so all those gang killings in chicago are racist whites wearing black face????????
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    You cited a study by an organization that is heavily biased against the policy they investigated. Surely, they should have statistics about arrests. Or do they just object to the database?

Your link cites a claim that more than 3000 people have been removed from the database, simply by complying with some inane process that NYPD offers.

So is this a case of disagreeing with the concept of the database, or is it ACTUALLY as heinous as stop and frisk used to be with respect to arrest numbers?
    It doesn't make a difference to me. I disagree with both.

I disagree with stopping people because of the color of their skin because white people think they are in gangs and carrying illegal weapons.

The entire concept with it's stat's, data bases, out come, arrest numbers, etc...its racists in nature.

Either the entire practice stops or Black and Brown people have no rights in NY.

Trying to justify why it's being done because of the source of the link doesn't solve the problem in my community.

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    so all those gang killings in chicago are racist whites wearing black face????????
    There are no all those gang killing.

It's a racist myth.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

There are no all those gang killing.

It's a racist myth.
    then please explain who is doing all of those killings in the streets of chicago. this should be interesting................and mind you, i'm from there, so I know the real facts so don't lie to me.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 158 Times in 148 Posts

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the ignorance in this post is alarming.
    Just gave you what the police use ..... maybe you should pay attention .