Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is It Too Late To Impeach Bill Clinton?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 102 Times in 89 Posts

Default Is It Too Late To Impeach Bill Clinton?

Probably not. There is a pretty good case for impeaching Clinton on the same charge Democrats are using against President Trump:

Democrats Charge Trump With Abuse of Power and Obstruction of Congress
    By Eric Lutz
    December 10, 2019

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019...on-of-congress

Clinton was certainly guilty of Unlawful Command Influence (UCI) when he punished Michael New for refusing to wear a United Nations uniform. The facts are clear. Bubba is guilty of UCI; so it follows that he can be impeached for an abuse of power even though he is out of office.

NOTE: Democrats have not presented one fact against President Trump.

Do not stop at impeaching former President Clinton. Throw-in then-Senator Joe Biden, too. Long before Democrats placed all of their hopes on the Ukraine —— Biden claimed credit for President Clinton’s Balkan Adventure.

To be fair to Biden neither he nor his son made a buck in the Balkans. The Balkan Adventure was a straightforward foreign policy decision designed to kill Christians for Muslims.

During the 2008 presidential campaign, Biden said that he was the catalyst that changed conditions in the Balkans. True, or untrue, Biden said he was the guy who told Bill Clinton what to do in Bosnia. Biden later watered down his catalyst comment. At the time I assumed Clinton told Biden “Stop horning in on my glory.”

If Biden was telling the truth he had to tell Clinton to use NATO to bomb Christians.

The Luftwaffe took part in bombing Bosnia. Wherever Reichsmarschall Goring was living at the time he must have smiled from ear to ear when he heard that bombs were being dropped from his Luftwaffe bombers.

Question: If Senile Joe gets the nomination do you think he will campaign on his stint as a Luftwaffe bombardier? Answer: He is dumb enough to do just that.

Finally, Laura Ingraham suggested nailing Democrats in the House for abuse of power. I am sick with envy that I did think of it first:

SEE VIDEO

https://video.foxnews.com/v/61147542...#sp=show-clips
    The basic test of freedom is perhaps less in what we are free to do than in what we are free not to do. It is the freedom to refrain, withdraw and abstain which makes a totalitarian regime impossible. Eric Hoffer

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

They already did.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

gfm7175 (12-13-2019)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Charoite For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (12-12-2019)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flanders View Post
    Probably not. There is a pretty good case for impeaching Clinton on the same charge Democrats are using against President Trump:

By Eric Lutz
    December 10, 2019

Clinton was certainly guilty of Unlawful Command Influence (UCI) when he punished Michael New for refusing to wear a United Nations uniform. The facts are clear. Bubba is guilty of UCI; so it follows that he can be impeached for an abuse of power even though he is out of office.

Do not stop at impeaching former President Clinton. Throw-in then-Senator Joe Biden, too. Long before Democrats placed all of their hopes on the Ukraine —— Biden claimed credit for President Clinton’s Balkan Adventure.

To be fair to Biden neither he nor his son made a buck in the Balkans. The Balkan Adventure was a straightforward foreign policy decision designed to kill Christians for Muslims.

During the 2008 presidential campaign, Biden said that he was the catalyst that changed conditions in the Balkans. True, or untrue, Biden said he was the guy who told Bill Clinton what to do in Bosnia. Biden later watered down his catalyst comment. At the time I assumed Clinton told Biden “Stop horning in on my glory.”

If Biden was telling the truth he had to tell Clinton to use NATO to bomb Christians.

The Luftwaffe took part in bombing Bosnia. Wherever Reichsmarschall Goring was living at the time he must have smiled from ear to ear when he heard that bombs were being dropped from his Luftwaffe bombers.

Question: If Senile Joe gets the nomination do you think he will campaign on his stint as a Luftwaffe bombardier? Answer: He is dumb enough to do just that.

Finally, Laura Ingraham suggested nailing Democrats in the House for abuse of power. I am sick with envy that I did think of it first:

SEE VIDEO

If you're a Trumpcuck, it might be a good idea to not bring up the Nazi that he's most like.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StoneByStone For This Post:

CharacterAssassin (01-01-2020), Micawber (01-04-2020)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

By Eric Lutz
    December 10, 2019

[B]The Luftwaffe took part in bombing Bosnia. Wherever Reichsmarschall Goring was living at the time he must have smiled from ear to ear when he heard that bombs were being dropped from his Luftwaffe bombers.

"Laura Ingraham?" For real? Funny, you going to tell us what Hannity or Limbaugh said next?

And I thought the Obama 'whataboutisms" showed desperation, now we got Clinton "whataboutisms," then again, Louie Gohmert this morning has an FDR "whataboutism"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (12-12-2019)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 117 Times in 113 Posts

By Eric Lutz
    December 10, 2019

SEE VIDEO

This is the stupidest thread ever!

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,566 Times in 17,093 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Righty is too stupid to know we impeach presidents. Maybe we should impeach Reagan.

12. The Following User Groans At Nordberg For This Awful Post:

Flanders (12-13-2019)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    They already did.
    To Celticguy: He got off light the first time thanks to Republican Trent Lott. The next time will be for real. If Bubba does not go to jail, he can lose his pension and his secret service bodyguards.
    The basic test of freedom is perhaps less in what we are free to do than in what we are free not to do. It is the freedom to refrain, withdraw and abstain which makes a totalitarian regime impossible. Eric Hoffer

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

To Celticguy: He got off light the first time thanks to Republican Trent Lott. The next time will be for real. If Bubba does not go to jail, he can lose his pension and his secret service bodyguards.
    Worst that could happen is he be removed from office.
    What you want is criminal prosecution.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

Flash (12-14-2019), gfm7175 (12-13-2019)

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,936 Times in 11,522 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

By Eric Lutz
    December 10, 2019

SEE VIDEO

Clinton was already impeached for perjury. He is currently not in office. You can't impeach someone that is not in office (but you can prosecute them for crimes they've committed!).

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    You can't impeach someone that is not in office
    To Into the Night: Not so:

Can Congress Impeach Bill Clinton Again?
    Feb 12, 20016:57 PM

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ton-again.html

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,936 Times in 11,522 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,566 Times in 17,093 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Worst that could happen is he be removed from office.
    What you want is criminal prosecution.
    Nope he wants an impeachment. He is a Trump loving righty showing his wisdom.

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Then he got his wish.
    I prefer prosecution. Getting booted from the bar or other elected office is not nearly enough.

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Then he got his wish.

I prefer prosecution. Getting booted from the bar or other elected office is not nearly enough.

To Into the Night, Nordberg, Celticguy: Assholes:

Sen. Arlen Specter, R-Pa., has suggested that Bill Clinton, though now out of office, could be impeached for his pardon of fugitive Marc Rich (although probably not for grabbing a couple of coffee tables). Can a former president be impeached?

XXXXX

Although impeaching a former president would be a first, there is some scant precedent for impeaching someone already removed from office. In 1797, Sen. William Blount of Tennessee was charged with treason for a scheme to help the British take land from Florida controlled by the Spanish. (Fortunately, Florida land speculation is no longer considered a treasonable offense.) Blount was unanimously impeached by the House, then expelled by the Senate (a process separate from impeachment). The Senate decided to go ahead with its impeachment trial although in the end it acquitted Blount because he was no longer in office. William Belknap, secretary of war under Ulysses Grant, was impeached by the House on bribery charges and resigned from office. Though the Senate went ahead with his trial, he, too, was acquitted because he was no longer in office.

Can Congress Impeach Bill Clinton Again?
    Feb 12, 20016:57 PM

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ton-again.html

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...95#post2951895