Thread: All Of The Media Is Corrupt Except The Ones I Choose To Believe

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    so BBC and DW has fund drives?
    I don't know what DW is tbh. BBC sells its programming to raise money. I do listen to PBS and yes they have fund drives.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,220 Times in 13,953 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,053 Times in 2,848 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FastLane View Post
    This Harvard study will give you a glimpse into which news out lets are more balances and which are not.

https://shorensteincenter.org/news-c...irst-100-days/

The NYT and the WaPo didn't score very well.
    They didn't score that bad, right next to the WSJ, and the study is largely the amount of Trump coverage, and given that Trump courts the media, it is not suprising, he wants the attention, no prior President went to the ends Trump does to be part of the media agenda, most sought to avoid it, and a lot of what Trump turns negative because of his habit of being less than honest so frequently

What those sources are good at is the amount of news they report on a daily basis and the lack of melodrama in reporting them

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    They didn't score that bad, right next to the WSJ, and the study is largely the amount of Trump coverage, and given that Trump courts the media, it is not suprising, he wants the attention, no prior President went to the ends Trump does to be part of the media agenda, most sought to avoid it, and a lot of what Trump turns negative because of his habit of being less than honest so frequently

What those sources are good at is the amount of news they report on a daily basis and the lack of melodrama in reporting them
    The NYT had less than half the number of positive stories and the WaPo had about half the positive stories as the WSJ. The WSJ was 70% negative and only 30% positive stories on Trump so its not like they were balanced either. Fox Was the most balanced. You are probably are doing what many Libs do. (Not saying you are a Lib.) You are probably lumping News and Opinion together. That should not be done.
    Last edited by FastLane; 12-13-2019 at 03:04 PM.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I think you and I are having two different conversations. I have no idea who Zelenski is or what their relevance is to what I wrote about media sources.
    Zelenski is a comedian who became President of Ukraine. His latest joke is the one about how there was 'no pressure?'

The other news sources have filled in enough details for everyone to get the joke, but if you watch Fox those two words are the whole story.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries

The left is saying Zelenski is a liar. They have no proof mind you only baseless accusations.

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,757 Times in 4,507 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello archives,

No wonder you are so well informed. Bravo.
    There is not way to be well informed by relying on TV (and radio) for the news.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

PoliTalker (12-14-2019)

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't know what DW is tbh. BBC sells its programming to raise money. I do listen to PBS and yes they have fund drives.
    PBS has some very good and very thorough stories that cover the topic in greater detail and from more angles than other sources. They do tend to lean to the left by the issues they cover (problems of the transgendered).

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Flash,

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    There is not way to be well informed by relying on TV (and radio) for the news.
    A very good beginning would be possible by listening to NPR and watching PBS, BBS and DW.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

DW News from Germany

Another good one is NHK News from Japan

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 9,828 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Go figure.

If you don't like the news pretend it's all fake.
    like the ig report?

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Flash,

A very good beginning would be possible by listening to NPR and watching PBS, BBS and DW.
    Most of their news is much too limited in scope. What you get is good quality, but it is very narrow. The other cable networks just repeat the same stories all day.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

PoliTalker (12-14-2019)

14. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    PBS has some very good and very thorough stories that cover the topic in greater detail and from more angles than other sources. They do tend to lean to the left by the issues they cover (problems of the transgendered).
    Rereading the OP and the likes it got I'm going to assume now it was about Trump and we were all supposed to just know that. But the reality is desiring confirmation bias and echo chambers transcends political ideology.

I'll listen to PBS in the car. I'll actually listen to KPFA 94.1 Free Speech Radio based in Berkeley on occasion. They have Democracy Now and other progressive (or even further left) shows/speakers. It makes NPR look right-wing. Pretty funny.

15. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

PBS conservative pundit David Brooks agrees Trump is guilty but just doesn't see the Republicans admitting it.

Sounds like a very accurate assessment.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (12-14-2019)

17. #44 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,609 Times in 17,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Hello cawacko,

Zelenski is a comedian who became President of Ukraine. His latest joke is the one about how there was 'no pressure?'

The other news sources have filled in enough details for everyone to get the joke, but if you watch Fox those two words are the whole story.

pathetic libturd.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

18. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If we had Fox News then, Nixon would never have been impeached.