Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What If Trump Loses In 2020 And Refuses To Accept The Results Or Leave Office?

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,384 Times in 53,267 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    You don't remember fringe people on the right claiming Bill Clinton wouldn't leave office? I do. And I remember the same for Bush. Not sure I remember it for Obama but if there were fringe folks who did I wouldn't be surprised.

People claiming a President won't leave office isn't new to today.

Edit: I'm not suggesting there were large numbers of people making these claims just that these claims came from fringe groups.
    No, I never heard or read anyone claiming that either Clinton or Bush would refuse to leave; only know it was said many times by RWers about "King Obama." There were also rumors that Obama would issue an executive order allowing him to stay President.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    No, I never heard or read anyone claiming that either Clinton or Bush would refuse to leave; only know it was said many times by RWers about "King Obama." There were also rumors that Obama would issue an executive order allowing him to stay President.
    i remember hearing about GW suspending elections with martial law to fight the 'war on terror'............................many times
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he did.
    and if he does, the disarmed libs won't be able to stop him...........how do you like that gun control now?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,384 Times in 53,267 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    i remember hearing about GW suspending elections with martial law to fight the 'war on terror'............................many times
    Interesting. What kind of ppl/groups were claiming this?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

and if he does, the disarmed libs won't be able to stop him...........how do you like that gun control now?
    There's a reason why armed populations lead to Fascism more than they prevent Fascism. A militia made up of random citizens isn't going to beat the military.

By the way, the fact that we're talking in terms of Fascists vs Liberals is pretty scary. The Right has become so extreme, that only Liberals still have real American values.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to StoneByStone For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (12-12-2019)

7. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Unfortunately I do remember reading about it and can recall executive orders being mentioned. It’s one of those you see the heading, take a two second glance and then roll your eyes. It’s why I made the comment I did about being old and seeing this sh*t again.

8. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Interesting. What kind of ppl/groups were claiming this?
    bush haters, liberals, in the yahoo groups and usmb

9. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There's a reason why armed populations lead to Fascism more than they prevent Fascism. A militia made up of random citizens isn't going to beat the military.
    you are projecting your own incompetence upon the 14 MILLION armed veterans who support the constitution. you always underestimate us.............or do you have that much faith in your military?

By the way, the fact that we're talking in terms of Fascists vs Liberals is pretty scary. The Right has become so extreme, that only Liberals still have real American values.
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA right/left, cons/libs, dems/reps................no american values left between the lot of you.

10. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Yes, thank you. I knew I had read something like that.

11. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

you are projecting your own incompetence upon the 14 MILLION armed veterans who support the constitution. you always underestimate us.............or do you have that much faith in your military?
    Calm down, I know what I'm saying isn't what you want to hear, but getting angry won't help.
    When the Republicans decide to not remove Trump, do you honestly believe that these veterans are going to rise up and overthrow Trump?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA right/left, cons/libs, dems/reps................no american values left between the lot of you.
    Have you not been watching the hearings? There are still Democrats fighting for democratic elections.

12. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,970 Times in 32,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

What If Trump Loses In 2020 And Refuses To Accept The Results Or Leave Office?
    what if Trump wins in 2020 and the Left spends the next five years trying to impeach him........wait, why even pretend that won't happen.........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

13. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,837 Times in 14,179 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    "(CNN)President Donald Trump's critics are increasingly focused on the question of which Democrat will challenge him for the presidency in 2020. It's an important question, but another one might be even more important: Regardless of who runs in 2020, if Trump loses, will he leave the Oval Office peacefully?

Let's start with why we need to ask this question: Trump is increasingly proving himself to be a President eager to overstep his authority. Just last week, Trump displayed his willingness to invoke unprecedented presidential power to declare a national emergency utterly without justification. This week has brought a startling report from the New York Times that, for the past two years, Trump has tried to undermine the investigations by Special Counsel Robert Mueller and other parts of the Justice Department in order to, in the words of the Times, "make the president's many legal problems go away." In light of these overreaching assertions of his own authority, it's at least plausible that Trump might attempt to cling to power in ways previously unimaginable by an American president.

Thankfully, there are four steps that key actors across the American system of governance can take to get ahead of this possibility.

Remember, when Trump was merely a private citizen running for President in 2016, he became the first presidential candidate in recent memory to refuse to commit that he'd honor the results of the election if he lost. Now, he occupies the Oval Office. He's the commander in chief of the most powerful military on Earth. If he even hints at contesting the election result in 2020, as he suggested he might in 2016, he'd be doing so not as an outsider but as a leader with the vast resources of the US government potentially at his disposal.
    Trump's unrelenting assaults on the media and intelligence community, augmented by his baseless insistence on widespread voter fraud, have laid the groundwork for him to contest the election results in worrisome ways by undermining two institutions Americans would count on to validate those results.

As the 2018 midterms approached, Trump appeared to preview exactly such behavior. He tweeted that he was "very concerned that Russia will be fighting very hard to have an impact on the upcoming Election" and "pushing very hard for the Democrats." Without pointing to even a shred of analysis from the intelligence community, media reports or any other sources, Trump seemed to dangle the notion that, if the elections went too badly for the Republicans, he might allege foreign interference with the vote tally to cast doubt on the validity of the results.
    In 2020, with his reelection on the line, the stakes for Trump himself are, of course, wildly bigger.
    All told, there's real reason to worry here. So, what can be done now to avoid a potential constitutional crisis and ensure that the 2020 election results -- whatever they might be -- are respected and that any transfer of power occurs peacefully?
    While many of us worry that President Trump has fallen woefully short in addressing foreign election interference through social media that can change American voters' minds, there's nonetheless an obvious imperative to respect the actual vote tally unless the intelligence community indicates that malicious actors have directly altered it (which would be unprecedented). Thankfully, there are four key sets of governmental actors across the United States that can commit now to certain steps that would help to isolate President Trump should he refuse to hand over power peacefully.

First is ... " (click the link to read more)

What if Trump refuses to accept defeat in 2020?
    if so they should drag him out of the WH on a meathook

“If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

14. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    True, but none of the names you mentioned gave any indication that they if they lost an election it was "fixed" or "rigged."
    lol....every demmycrat everywhere has been saying exactly that for the last three years........
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

15. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    But have you ever heard complaints from a losing candidate calling the election "fixed," "rigged," or "illegal?" Or and candidate saying those things who had a following who thinks anything he says is the truth?
    Hillary says she wants to win in 2020 like she did in 2016......pretty much every JPP lib'rul thinks she's right........somebody here mentions she got 3 million more votes at least once a week.......

16. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post
    Not to mention I never heard anyone say Clinton or Bush wasn't going to leave office.

He's FOS!
    its been said about every president since Ronald Reagan.......