Thread: My Independent Message To Republican Congress Members

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default My Independent Message To Republican Congress Members

Thank you for serving in our government. Thank you for making your life a public spectacle, giving up your privacy and serving our country. It is a very great honor to be chosen and to rise to the demands of doing the work that makes our nation possible. I appreciate all you have gone through and I am grateful.

I hope you really meant it when you swore to protect our Constitution:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God."

I don't see a single word in there about protecting and defending the President.

You swore to support and defend the Constitution. The Constitution includes the power to impeach the President when it has become clear that the President's actions are in violation of his oath, and that to allow him to stay in office would cause further harm to the Constitution. Only YOU can make the decision to remove the President. WE, THE PEOPLE, all of us, not just Republicans, but ALL OF US, are counting on you to do your duty. We are NOT asking you to serve your party or look out for your own political future. We are especially counting on you to do your duty OVER any personal or party considerations. We are counting on your solemn word to bear true faith in YOUR OBLIGATION without 'purpose of evasion,' (ie partisanship) to show your allegiance to the Constitution.

That is what you swore to do.

If this President is allowed to get away with stonewalling Congress then that means any President is unimpeachable for as long as he can drag out subpoena battles in courts. That is unacceptable. That increases the power of the Presidency and weakens the power of the US House of Representatives. That upsets the balance of powers and it weakens the Constitution you swore to support, defend and bear allegiance to, with no partisan consideration. The USA is 'your party' now.

I hope you consider very well how history will look back on the decision you will soon have to make. I want you to do the right thing. And I have no doubt that if you do, you will NEVER regret it. There may be costs, but they are worth it for the peace of mind of knowing you did the right thing. Now is the time to do the right thing for your country, the country you serve.

Thank you. We're counting on you.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

USFREEDOM911 (12-11-2019)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Cypress (12-25-2019), ThatOwlWoman (12-11-2019), Trumpet (12-11-2019)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I would expect most Republican Senators to completely ignore this.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

USFREEDOM911 (12-11-2019)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,528 Times in 2,613 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 216 Times in 211 Posts

you mean partisan douchebag rant

7. The Following User Says Thank You to zymurgy For This Post:

Truth Detector (12-11-2019)

8. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,335 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    My Independent Message To Republican Congress Members
    YOU???? An independent?????

"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

canceled.2021.2 (12-13-2019), Celticguy (12-11-2019), FastLane (12-11-2019)

10. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgy View Post
    you mean partisan douchebag rant
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

FastLane (12-11-2019)

12. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Your expectation will be met. The entire RNC has gone full Fascist.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StoneByStone For This Post:

CharacterAssassin (12-29-2019), ThatOwlWoman (12-11-2019)

14. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Your expectation will be met. The entire RNC has gone full Fascist.
    I don't think you can post without lying.

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I don't think you can post without lying.

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries

Like you ignored my question about Obama's Abuse of Office by executing an American citizen without a trial and due process.

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,128 Times in 9,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thank you for serving in our government. Thank you for making your life a public spectacle, giving up your privacy and serving our country. It is a very great honor to be chosen and to rise to the demands of doing the work that makes our nation possible. I appreciate all you have gone through and I am grateful.

I hope you really meant it when you swore to protect our Constitution:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God."

I don't see a single word in there about protecting and defending the President.

You swore to support and defend the Constitution. The Constitution includes the power to impeach the President when it has become clear that the President's actions are in violation of his oath, and that to allow him to stay in office would cause further harm to the Constitution. Only YOU can make the decision to remove the President. WE, THE PEOPLE, all of us, not just Republicans, but ALL OF US, are counting on you to do your duty. We are NOT asking you to serve your party or look out for your own political future. We are especially counting on you to do your duty OVER any personal or party considerations. We are counting on your solemn word to bear true faith in YOUR OBLIGATION without 'purpose of evasion,' (ie partisanship) to show your allegiance to the Constitution.

That is what you swore to do.

If this President is allowed to get away with stonewalling Congress then that means any President is unimpeachable for as long as he can drag out subpoena battles in courts. That is unacceptable. That increases the power of the Presidency and weakens the power of the US House of Representatives. That upsets the balance of powers and it weakens the Constitution you swore to support, defend and bear allegiance to, with no partisan consideration. The USA is 'your party' now.

I hope you consider very well how history will look back on the decision you will soon have to make. I want you to do the right thing. And I have no doubt that if you do, you will NEVER regret it. There may be costs, but they are worth it for the peace of mind of knowing you did the right thing. Now is the time to do the right thing for your country, the country you serve.

Thank you. We're counting on you.
    faggy

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Hermes Thoth For This Post:

canceled.2021.2 (12-13-2019)

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,507 Times in 52,732 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Esp. if you're not a constituent.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I would expect Trump supporters to not care about the Constitution when they have choose between protecting the Constitution and protecting Trump.

They really don't care about the United States at all. They are too mesmerized by the cult messaging. They've got their priorities straight. First it's Trump, then anything else such as the Constitution.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (12-11-2019)

22. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello FastLane,

Quote Originally Posted by FastLane View Post
    Like you ignored my question about Obama's Abuse of Office by executing an American citizen without a trial and due process.
    Fastlane, you're taking a disrespectful turn here. It's rude to barge into a conversation with unfounded accusations from another thread. If you wish for us to continue having discussions this animosity must end. I've done nothing to you, said nothing about you. I've only expressed my view, to which I am entitled. If you feel otherwise you are welcome to state your own view. Making personal attacks is not welcome. You are getting the benefit of the doubt one last time here. As I explained previously, my rules are more strict than the site rules. If you want me to talk to you they will have to be observed. This has never been a problem for good respectful people. I hope that includes you.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 12-11-2019 at 08:04 PM.

23. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Loving91390 (12-12-2019)

24. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,507 Times in 52,732 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

I would expect Trump supporters to not care about the Constitution when they have choose between protecting the Constitution and protecting Trump.

They really don't care about the United States at all. They are too mesmerized by the cult messaging. They've got their priorities straight. First it's Trump, then anything else such as the Constitution.
    I used to hear/see the word "Constitution" thrown about liberally (see what I did there? lol) when the occupant of our WH had a (D) after his name. It was thrown about by Reichwingers who claimed on a nearly daily basis that Obama was somehow destroying it by every single action and word. You don't hear them mention that formerly-sacred document any more. I wonder why.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

25. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I would expect anyone of intelligence to ignore it.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”