Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Steel dossier had NOTHING to do with the opening of the investigation...

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    This is a sure sign Democrats and the left know they are about to lose again. Right back to the bullshit race card. They truly, honestly have nothing else.
    Yeah, even florescent white zombies like Cypress.
    Every life matters

2. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

Sailor (12-12-2019)

3. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,529 Times in 52,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Hahahaha, how many of you fools fell for that one?

Just another Trump Lie you bought and ran with.

You people are so pitiful.
    Yes they are. I picture the behind-the-scenes bosses at Fox getting together for happy hour on Friday nights. They're hanging out in a faux redneck bar, cooking up next week's latest conspiracy for their puppet POTUS. "Hey, let's start the rumor that Elizabeth Warren also pretended to be African so she could get financial aid!" "Cool, bro. What do you think about this one? Bet we can get who-know-who to Tweet about this -- Biden likes sheep!"

And Toadstool and the idiots on the Reichwing dutifully repeat this stuff as though it's gospel. Murdoch's little puppet show.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

4. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    wrong. it was submitted to fisa to justify surveillance.
    The FBI has been watching the activities of Carter Page as far back as 2013- and for good reason! Of Course, Carter Page has told the Mueller Investigators, Congress, the press and everyone else, he was not a foreign agent and has denied was ever a Russian agent, which has all been proven to be inaccurate and misleading. I do think it is important now, more than ever, to get a once and for always definition as exactly what is a Foreign agent. Because in my mind, if you serve, in any capacity, a foreign government and you have been paid by that Foreign Government, by either money, or in reward for something of value, whether it helps you get elected, in exchange for any service or even a speech or favor- you are a foreign agent.

After working as an investment banker at Merrill Lynch in London, Page moved to its Russia branch, where he was a vice president from 2004 to 2007.

While in Russia, Page developed relationships with Russian oil executives, especially from the Kremlin-connected Monopoly Gazprom.

While Page has touted his credentials as an expert on the Russian energy market, a handful of other experts in the field told Politico they didn't even know who he was.

"Strangely I've never heard of Carter Page until this Trump connection," Bill Browder, an American investor who spent years working in Russia, told Politico. "It's odd because I've heard of every other financier who was a player in Moscow at the time."

"Washington and other Western powers have impeded potential progress through their often hypocritical focus on ideas such as democratization, inequality, corruption and regime change,” Page said during a speech, he was paid to give by Russia, in Moscow in front of prominent Russian government officials. To me, that defines him as a foreign agent, and not in line with the US foreign interests or policies.

Over the years, Page's dealings in Russia caught the attention of US government officials and intelligence community, who suspected that he may be working as an agent of Moscow. Intelligence officials knew of him as far back as 2013, well before he joined the Trump campaign.

During the 2016 election campaign, Trump announced that Page was one of his foreign policy advisers. Later said, I do not know who Carter Page is, and denied he was ever part of his campaign- lying to the press as usual.

But controversy ensued over Page's role in the campaign when the public learned the FBI had launched a probe into whether Trump or his associates were colluding with Russia to influence the election.

In November 2017, Page testified before the House Intelligence Committee. He confirmed meeting Russian government officials on a trip to Moscow during the US presidential campaign. Page denied any wrongdoing or improper dealings with Russia or even being a Russian Agent. Yeah, Right! LOL! What did you expect him to do- admit the truth?

Over the course of his career in foreign policy, Page has not shied away from criticizing what he has described as US hypocrisy toward Russia. According to the Washington Post, Page has praised Putin as a better leader than former President Barack Obama.

So when Carter Page was hired by the Trump Campaign Manager (Also a Foreign Agent that never registered as such BTW) became a Foreign Policy Advisor to the Campaign, it raised eyebrow and suspicions throughout the intelligence community long before the Dossier surfaced.

In my opinion, Carter Page should have been even more investigated than he actually was. I also think he should have been prosecuted for lying to the SPecial Council and Congress. Which, he was never held accounted for as others were. In fact, his pleading the 5th on many questions to the Grand Jury or Congress, was a confession.