Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: what the hell happened to Lindsay Graham???

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,186 Times in 25,721 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
    And you are fielding candidates 10 times worst than Hillary. (Damn I never thought I'd ever say something like that.)
    Your party had candidates 100 times better than trump but for some reason you all fell for the cult of personality.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,628 Times in 11,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Your party had candidates 100 times better than trump but for some reason you all fell for the cult of personality.
    Clearly Trump ran a successful campaign that is why he won. He wasn't on my radar till he got the nomination and got my vote when Hillary got the nomination.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,186 Times in 25,721 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
    Clearly Trump ran a successful campaign that is why he won. He wasn't on my radar till he got the nomination and got my vote when Hillary got the nomination.
    That's a long time for trump not to be on your and/or others radar. The very same thing can happen with any of the Dem candidates over the next six months, a front runner will break out.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

....and, exactly when did Putin assume the presidency?

the GOP makes their moves based solely on Putin's wishes...…...this is mind boggling...

While Russian foreign minister visited Trump, Moscow Mitch's minions blocked election security bill

While Donald Trump was once again hosting Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov in the Oval Office on Wednesday, with no media allowed, Senate Democrats were attempting once again to bring legislation to protect the next election from Russian interference to the Senate floor. Once again, Moscow Mitch McConnell's minions blocked it.

Maryland Democratic Sen. Chris Van Hollen asked for unanimous consent to pass the Defending Elections from Threats by Establishing Redlines, or DETER, Act. The legislation would make sure there is a "very tough price to pay" if Russia were to interfere again, he said: "It's designed to send a very clear and simple message to Russia or any other country that is thinking about interfering in our elections and undermining our democracy that if we catch you, you will suffer a severe penalty."

Idaho Republican Sen. Mike Crapo, on Moscow Mitch's marching orders, blocked the bill, saying, ridiculously, "I think that President Trump has probably put more sanctions on the Russians than any president in our history." By a rough count, from 2014 to January 2017, the Obama administration leveled new or extended existing sanctions against Russia a little over two dozen times. Trump has done so 8 times. And, with the help of Moscow Mitch, he has lifted them against some of those sanctioned at the end of Obama's final term for election interference. Which in part allowed McConnell's home state of Kentucky to land that $200 million investment from Russia for a new aluminum mill.

Speaking of Russian interference, Lavrov thanked Trump and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo for opening their doors to him this week by saying, "We have highlighted once again that all speculation about our alleged interference in domestic processes in the US are baseless. There are no facts that would support that […] no one has given us this proof because it simply does not exist." So he's in good standing with Senate Republicans, whose new thing is to pretend that the entire intelligence community in the U.S. is full of it. Lavrov also said of his meeting with Pompeo, "We haven't even discussed elections." Pompeo, however, insists Lavrov was warned about future interference. Clearly it made a big impression on him.

Moscow Mitch and his minions are making sure Lavrov and Putin have nothing to fear from interfering again in 2020. They're practically inviting them to do it.

~ Joan McCarter

5. The Following User Groans At reagansghost For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (12-11-2019)

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,628 Times in 11,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

That's a long time for trump not to be on your and/or others radar. The very same thing can happen with any of the Dem candidates over the next six months, a front runner will break out.
    When I say not on my radar I mean I didn't plan on voting for him in any primary.

7. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    He is a political coward, one who cares more about keeping his job than he cares about America.

Most United States Senators fall into that category, or they would never have been elected in the first place.
    Holy fuck, thus speaks the avaricious ambulance chaser!!

8. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries