1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello FastLane,

Quote Originally Posted by FastLane View Post
    I'm sorry but I think your political bias has blinded you. The deck was stacked in the house.
    The House is the best representation of the current direction of the country. The composition of the House is the result of the most recent general election and will of the American people. There is no electoral college to reverse the popular vote in the House, which is why Democrats prevailed in recoil to the onslaught of President Trump's hateful, distasteful and objectionable politics.

The impeachment was so unfair that the Senate should table it because it didn't provide even basic due process. But if the Senate does proceed with a full trial I want Schiff, Schiff's staff that had contact with the WB and the WB and Joe Biden and Hunter Biden to be subpoenaed.
    The impeachment has been conducted under the utmost of official proceedings with zero violations and is completely in accordance with the Constitution of the United States of America.

Republicans are free to try to subpoena whomever they wish in the Senate trial but the decision to allow it will be up to Chief Justice Roberts.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (12-11-2019)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello FastLane,

So the next time the President decides he does not like you and decides he wants to kill you he is justified killing you WITHOUT giving you a fair trial first?
    That's conjecture, and it has nothing to do with President Trump's improper investigation of the investigators who rightly investigated him for wrongdoing.

I agree with you the guy was a slim ball but in America were don't kill Americans without a trial. You know the Constitution frowns on that kind of thing.
    He wasn't in America.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (12-11-2019)

5. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello FastLane,

No No No I'm not going to let you off the hook that easy. WHY didn't you call for Obama's impeachment for Obstruction of Congress and for Abuse of power? You explain that first just so I know if I'm talking to a hypocrite or not. Go..

Done in post 45

6. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Bill Barr=Trump's lackey Gestapo Chief.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

PoliTalker (12-11-2019)

8. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello FastLane,

I'm glad you've joined the discussions and have observed my request to keep things respectful. Civil debate is most welcome. Thank you. I look forward to more.

Everyone has political bias to some extent. It is up to each of us to recognize it and try to see beyond it. Obama's action there could certainly be seen as obstruction. But I don't see it as serious enough to warrant impeachment.
    And I do not view this impeachment lite attempt to be legitimate either. And Trump's refusal to voluntarily cooperate is CERTAINLY not Obstruction of Congress. If Congress had taken their subpoenas to court and the court agreed with them and then Trump refused well THEN and ONLY THEN Congress might have a point. They did not do that so there is no Obstruction of Congress. Untill Congress goes to court and the court enforces the subpoenas and Trump continues to refuse to comply do not talk to me about Obstruction of Congress charges.

And apparently Congress did not think so either as no impeachment inquiry was passed.
    That is because a Republican Congress did not stoop to trying to use impeachment to damage Obama to win a political advantage like the Dems are now doing. Its sad they are sucking you in. You seem like a semi reasonable person.

If you are attempting to establish that this means obstruction of Congress is now OK, possibly attempting to establish that two wrongs make a right, then I disagree. There are degrees of seriousness to misconduct.
    As I have said No ignoring a court ruling on Congress'subpoena no Obstruction of Congress.

In Obama's case the fast and furious operation was an attempt to serve the Constitution and track the criminals through their weapons. It was ill conceived and went awry, but their hearts were in the right place and they were attempting to serve their country in the best way they could. In the case of President Trump is has become obvious that he was serving himself. That is a crucial difference. We cannot allow a President to abuse the powers of his office in order to serve himself, even if his supporters are willing to look the other way.
    Obama was applying Executive Privilege to Fast and Furious an illegal operation that got people killed that Obama said he had no knowledge of. Think about that. Its certainly obstructing Congress' oversight duty.

I understand it was believed the individual was acting as a terrorist in a foreign land, and having in effect thus revoked his American citizenship. The action was warranted by the belief that the action was protecting the loss of further innocent American lives.
    Show me the law. Link Required

It is notable that in a discussion of President Trump's failed action to investigate those who are rightly investigating him, that your focus has largely centered instead on President Obama. Is this a distraction from talking about the disgrace of President Trump? President Obama is not and never was impeached. President Trump is being impeached as we speak. President Trump's impeachment is the more relevant discussion to current politics.
    So we are left with the phone call. EVEN the Dems don't think the call constituted a Quid Pro Quo or Bribery. Why did I say that? BECAUSE there is no impeachment charge for that. So the Dems were lying to you AGAIN. I have read the phone call I have watched the stacked deck joke hearings and I agree with Turley an Dershowitz there is no case for impeachment. This whole thing was nothing but a bastardization of the impeachment process to weaken Trump because the Dems don't think they can beat him in 2020. They are abusing their power.
    Last edited by FastLane; 12-11-2019 at 09:28 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FastLane For This Post:

RB 60 (12-11-2019)

10. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello FastLane,

That's conjecture, and it has nothing to do with President Trump's improper investigation of the investigators who rightly investigated him for wrongdoing.

He wasn't in America.
    No he wasn't but he was an American citizen with ALL of the Constitutional protections that it provides them and the SCOTUS has ruled those protections do not sop at the waters edge. YOU SHOW ME THE LAW that allowed Obama to murder him without a trial and I'll shut up about it. Until then you are on the hook.

11. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello FastLane,

Done in post 45
    And destroyed in post 46

12. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Bill Barr=Trump's lackey Gestapo Chief.
    Such a well thought out and thoughtful post . :rollseyes:

13. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello FastLane,

The House is the best representation of the current direction of the country. The composition of the House is the result of the most recent general election and will of the American people. There is no electoral college to reverse the popular vote in the House, which is why Democrats prevailed in recoil to the onslaught of President Trump's hateful, distasteful and objectionable politics.
    The Dems currently hold the House by a slim margin but the White House AND the Senate are held by the GOP and they so also reflect the will of the people. That is why the Senate will REJECT removal from office.

T
    he impeachment has been conducted under the utmost of official proceedings with zero violations and is completely in accordance with the Constitution of the United States of America.
    It when against the principle of DUE PROCESS something that every citicizen should be provided. He we even give illegal immigrants in our borders due process. but Sack of Schiff denied it to Trump as did Humpty Dumpty Nadeler. That has enraged Trump's base and with back fire on the Dems in 2020.

Republicans are free to try to subpoena whomever they wish in the Senate trial but the decision to allow it will be up to Chief Justice Roberts.
    Let's hope they do. Or better yet let's hope they go straight to a vote and can the whole things.

14. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Such a well thought out and thoughtful post . :rollseyes:
    I suppose that you're going to tell me what a hero Barr is.

15. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello FastLane,

And I do not view this impeachment lite attempt to be legitimate either. And Trump's refusal to voluntarily cooperate is CERTAINLY not Obstruction of Congress. If Congress had taken their subpoenas to court and the court agreed with them and then Trump refused well THEN and ONLY THEN Congress might have a point. They did not do that so there is no Obstruction of Congress. Untill Congress goes to court and the court enforces the subpoenas and Trump continues to refuse to comply do not talk to me about Obstruction of Congress charges.
    Since the substance of this impeachment has to do with foreign intervention into an American election, and fighting a subpoena in court could take a longer period of time than the time until the election, it is pointless to fight it like that. President Trump is the first President to refuse to cooperate at all with an impeachment. His action is unprecedented. The next election must be conducted without foreign intervention so the impeachment cannot wait until after that election. Our democracy is at stake.

The ploy of attempting to drag the impeachment out in court until beyond the 2020 election has been called.

As I have said No ignoring a court ruling on Congress'subpoena no Obstruction of Congress.
    Congress has the authority to subpoena. Executive privilege is not absolute.

Obama was applying Executive Privilege to Fast and Furious an illegal operation that got people killed that Obama said he had no knowledge of. Think about that. Its certainly obstructing Congress' oversight duty.
    An oversight duty Republicans are now dangerously overlooking.

So we are left with the phone call. EVEN the Dems don't think the call constituted a Quid Pro Quo or Bribery. Why did I say that? BECAUSE there is no impeachment charge for that. So the Dems were lying to you AGAIN. I have read the phone call I have watched the stacked deck joke hearings and I agree with Turley an Dershowitz there is no case for impeachment. This whole thing was nothing but a bastardization of the impeachment process to weaken Trump because the Dems don't think they can beat him in 2020. They are abusing their power.
    President Trump is in serious danger of losing the 2020 election. His polling indicates less approval now than when he was elected. This is a classic case of Republicans accusing Democrats of what the Republicans are actually guilty of. It is President Trump who feared he will lose the 2020 election to Joe Biden, so President Trump has illegally solicited foreign intervention into American elections, and he is being impeached for doing that.

16. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello FastLane,

... Or better yet let's hope they go straight to a vote and can the whole things.
    Sounds good to me. Let the Senate Republicans be on record of conducting a rushed vote without debate, which will inevitably show their strong prejudice.

And let the Democrats impeach Trump again and often.

There is no double jeopardy for impeachment because it is not a criminal trial. President Trump could even be impeached again for the same exact offense, or others. I think impeachment plays well in the news cycle. For once the news is not whatever Trump decides to tweet about.

17. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,569 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Barr is acting so far outside the norms of the AG, that he should be investigated. He sees his job as being Trump's Cohn. He is doing whatever trump wants, regardless of the law and long-standing protocols. He is so blatant, that he is an embarrassment. He is as bad an AG as Lindsey is a Senator.

18. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    I suppose that you're going to tell me what a hero Barr is.
    Not unless you try to run him down.

19. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello FastLane,

Since the substance of this impeachment has to do with foreign intervention into an American election, and fighting a subpoena in court could take a longer period of time than the time until the election, it is pointless to fight it like that. President Trump is the first President to refuse to cooperate at all with an impeachment. His action is unprecedented. The next election must be conducted without foreign intervention so the impeachment cannot wait until after that election. Our democracy is at stake.

The ploy of attempting to drag the impeachment out in court until beyond the 2020 election has been called.
    A matter this important can't be rushed. The OFFICE of the Presidency has to be protected for the next occupant. This is a issue of separation of powers w have three branches not two. The courts would have accelerated a matter of this importance. Again there is no case for Obstruction of Congress so don't even try to discuss it with me. It's a moot subject.

Congress has the authority to subpoena. Executive privilege is not absolute.
    Absolutely! But Congress' subpoenas aren't absolute either. So a court has to decide any dispute between the Legislative branch and the Executive branch. Congress did not do that so they have NOTHING to whine about. And neither do you.

An oversight duty Republicans are now dangerously overlooking.
    Not at all. The Republicans disagree with the Democrats. And some Democrats agreed with the Republicans. No Republicans agreed with the Democrats.

President Trump is in serious danger of losing the 2020 election. His polling indicates less approval now than when he was elected. This is a classic case of Republicans accusing Democrats of what the Republicans are actually guilty of. It is President Trump who feared he will lose the 2020 election to Joe Biden, so President Trump has illegally solicited foreign intervention into American elections, and he is being impeached for doing that.
    Polls have Trump winning key battle ground states. This impeachment is actually helping Trump. Naw Trump was trying to root out Biden's corruption as he obligated to do by treaty law. Do you really want to put Biden in as President when you KNOW he did a quid pro quo with a billion of our dollars? I don't , Biden is dirty and should never see the inside of the oval office again Congressman Green even said we have to impeach Trump or he will win in 2020
    Last edited by FastLane; 12-11-2019 at 12:56 PM.