1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello FastLane,

Quote Originally Posted by FastLane View Post
    Absolutely not. While I was no fan of Obama's liberal policies I did not call for impeachment when he shielded Holder from Congressional over sight [obstruction of Congress] or when he ordered the murder of an American citizen by drone without due process [Abuse of office]. Now if you think Trump obstructed Congress or Abused his office did you want Obama impeached for Obstructing Congress or Abusing his office?

y
    That was a very different case. Like yourself, I did not favor impeachment in that case. I was talking about this case. If President Obama has been accused of leveraging aid to an ally to try to force them into announcing an investigation into Romney, for instance. What if President Obama had halted aid to Israel, and pressured them to announce an investigation into Romney in 2012, if Obama had really done that I would have to conclude that he should be removed. Would you?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello FastLane,

Turley was a liberal Democrat voice of reason and he said there was insufficient evidence for impeachment. Alan Dershowitz is another Liberal Democrat voice of reason and they both say the isn't sufficient evidence for impeachment. Yet the radical left push Pelosi to impeach Trump. Nancy was clearly uncomfortable doing it. She was so uncomfortable that after announcing impeachment they took ZERO questions from reporters and almost ran off the stage. Then Pelosi immediately pivoted to USMCA to get off the subject. Oh yeah Turley got death threats for his testimony trying to be a voice of reasons. I guess Liberals like to eat their young.
    I disagree with Turley. I wish him well, just as I wish President Trump well. I both disagree with and wish Dershowitz well. The evidence is clear and overwhelming. President Trump abused his power and obstructed Congress. Anybody who believes the foolish stereotypes about liberals is doing them self a disservice. A realistic point of view recognizes the diversity among liberals. Some are good, others are not. There is little in general which can be said about the morals of liberals. You seem overly preoccupied with liberals. This is not about liberals. This is about President Trump's misconduct while in office. He was working for himself on our dime. He was not working for the American people. He was working for himself. That is unacceptable. The powers of his office do not include inviting foreigners to rig our elections. President Trump has broken his oath of office.

President Trump's objectives diverged from those of the United States. He used his office as his own campaign staff. He is supposed to be working for all of us and we must stand up to remind him of that. He is not the President of the Red States or the President of the Blue States. He is the President of ALL the States. He has let us down. He needs to go. His conduct is unacceptable.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello FastLane,

I bet President Trump wishes Durham had something to report. ANYTHING to distract from the constant Impeachment news. President Trump does live in a world of media image.
    Naww TrRump is happy as a pig in mud. His poll numbers are going up specially in key swing states. His campaign contributions have sky rocketed. And his base is enraged and energized and the Economy is and smoking and now he has a WIN with the USMCA so things are going good. Trump will be vindicated in Senate trial with due process. The IG report shows FISA abuse and Bill Barr and Durham both indicate their are some deep problems with the Trump Russia investigation. A day of reckoning is coming.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello FastLane,

Naww TrRump is happy as a pig in mud. His poll numbers are going up specially in key swing states. His campaign contributions have sky rocketed. And his base is enraged and energized and the Economy is and smoking and now he has a WIN with the USMCA so things are going good. Trump will be vindicated in Senate trial wit due process. The IG report shows FISA abuse and Bill Barr and Durham both indicate their are some deep problems with the Trump Russia investigation. A day of reckoning is coming.
    If the Senate honestly does their duty to the United States Constitution they have no other course of action but to remove President Trump from office immediately. Anything less would be to shirk their duty and to violate their oaths of office, every last one of them.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello FastLane,

I disagree with Turley. I wish him well, just as I wish President Trump well. I both disagree with and wish Dershowitz well. The evidence is clear and overwhelming. President Trump abused his power and obstructed Congress. Anybody who believes the foolish stereotypes about liberals is doing them self a disservice. A realistic point of view recognizes the diversity among liberals. Some are good, others are not. There is little in general which can be said about the morals of liberals. You seem overly preoccupied with liberals. This is not about liberals. This is about President Trump's misconduct while in office. He was working for himself on our dime. He was not working for the American people. He was working for himself. That is unacceptable. The powers of his office do not include inviting foreigners to rig our elections. President Trump has broken his oath of office.

President Trump's objectives diverged from those of the United States. He used his office as his own campaign staff. He is supposed to be working for all of us and we must stand up to remind him of that. He is not the President of the Red States or the President of the Blue States. He is the President of ALL the States. He has let us down. He needs to go. His conduct is unacceptable.
    Typically you ignored Obama abuse of office and obstruction of congress. Why did you choose not to demand his impeachment . Could it be your political bias? Come on I would like to hear why you think Obama's claiming executive privilege for Eric Holder and Fast and Furious isn't Obstruction of Congress . And also tell me how Obama's ordering the execution of an American citizen WITHOUT due process wasn't Abuse of Office? Come on I'd like to hear your reasoning.
    Last edited by FastLane; 12-10-2019 at 09:51 PM.

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

Tough, Grokmeister, tis what is.

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello FastLane,

If the Senate honestly does their duty to the United States Constitution they have no other course of action but to remove President Trump from office immediately. Anything less would be to shirk their duty and to violate their oaths of office, every last one of them.
    I'm sorry but I think your political bias has blinded you. The deck was stacked in the house. The impeachment was so unfair that the Senate should table it because it didn't provide even basic due process. But if the Senate does proceed with a full trial I want Schiff, Schiff's staff that had contact with the WB and the WB and Joe Biden and Hunter Biden to be subpoenaed.

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Absolutely not. While I was no fan of Obama's liberal policies I did not call for impeachment when he shielded Holder from Congressional over sight [obstruction of Congress] or when he ordered the murder of an American citizen by drone without due process [Abuse of office]. Now if you think Trump obstructed Congress or Abused his office did you want Obama impeached for Obstructing Congress or Abusing his office? y
    The man who died by drone fire was an enemy combatant and citizen hiding from American law and justice.

Thus the President was authorized to and did pass orders to take the weasel out.

No Ruby Ridge will occur in the future. The perps will be droned.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmymccready For This Post:

PoliTalker (12-11-2019)

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Typically you ignored Obama abuse of office and obstruction of congress. Why did you choose not to demand his impeachment . Could it be your political bias? Come on I would like to hear why you think Obama's claiming executive privilege for Eric Holder and Fast and Furious isn't Obstruction of Congress . And also tell me how Obama's ordering the execution of an American citizen WITHOUT due process wasn't Abuse of Office? Come on I'd like to hear your reasoning.
    Stop with the exploded Alt Facts. Obama acted within the law, and you are committing deliberate libel.

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    The man who died by drone fire was an enemy combatant and citizen hiding from American law and justice.

Thus the President was authorized to and did pass orders to take the weasel out.

No Ruby Ridge will occur in the future. The perps will be droned.
    So the next time the President decides he does not like you and decides he wants to kill you he is justified killing you WITHOUT giving you a fair trial first?

I agree with you the guy was a slim ball but in America were don't kill Americans without a trial. You know the Constitution frowns on that kind of thing.

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    Stop with the exploded Alt Facts. Obama acted within the law, and you are committing deliberate libel.
    Well Jimmy you show me the law that says the President can kill a US citizen without a fair trial.

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello FastLane,

That was a very different case. Like yourself, I did not favor impeachment in that case. I was talking about this case. If President Obama has been accused of leveraging aid to an ally to try to force them into announcing an investigation into Romney, for instance. What if President Obama had halted aid to Israel, and pressured them to announce an investigation into Romney in 2012, if Obama had really done that I would have to conclude that he should be removed. Would you?
    No No No I'm not going to let you off the hook that easy. WHY didn't you call for Obama's impeachment for Obstruction of Congress and for Abuse of power? You explain that first just so I know if I'm talking to a hypocrite or not. Go..

14. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So the next time the President decides he does not like you and decides he wants to kill you he is justified killing you WITHOUT giving you a fair trial first?

I agree with you the guy was a slim ball but in America were don't kill Americans without a trial. You know the Constitution frowns on that kind of thing.
    Yeah, we can kill them in combat zones. We can blow up the house if they won't come out. We can send in an autobomb like we did in Dallas.

You have no idea at all.

15. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No No No I'm not going to let you off the hook that easy. WHY didn't you call for Obama's impeachment for Obstruction of Congress and for Abuse of power? You explain that first just so I know if I'm talking to a hypocrite or not. Go..
    Fastlane, is on the hook, people, not PoliTaker, who has corrected him time and again. All Fastlane can say is "nuh uh."

16. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmymccready For This Post:

PoliTalker (12-11-2019)

17. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello FastLane,

I'm glad you've joined the discussions and have observed my request to keep things respectful. Civil debate is most welcome. Thank you. I look forward to more.

Typically you ignored Obama abuse of office and obstruction of congress. Why did you choose not to demand his impeachment . Could it be your political bias? Come on I would like to hear why you think Obama's claiming executive privilege for Eric Holder and Fast and Furious isn't Obstruction of Congress .
    Everyone has political bias to some extent. It is up to each of us to recognize it and try to see beyond it. Obama's action there could certainly be seen as obstruction. But I don't see it as serious enough to warrant impeachment. And apparently Congress did not think so either as no impeachment inquiry was passed. If you are attempting to establish that this means obstruction of Congress is now OK, possibly attempting to establish that two wrongs make a right, then I disagree. There are degrees of seriousness to misconduct. In Obama's case the fast and furious operation was an attempt to serve the Constitution and track the criminals through their weapons. It was ill conceived and went awry, but their hearts were in the right place and they were attempting to serve their country in the best way they could. In the case of President Trump is has become obvious that he was serving himself. That is a crucial difference. We cannot allow a President to abuse the powers of his office in order to serve himself, even if his supporters are willing to look the other way.

And also tell me how Obama's ordering the execution of an American citizen WITHOUT due process wasn't Abuse of Office? Come on I'd like to hear your reasoning.
    I understand it was believed the individual was acting as a terrorist in a foreign land, and having in effect thus revoked his American citizenship. The action was warranted by the belief that the action was protecting the loss of further innocent American lives.

It is notable that in a discussion of President Trump's failed action to investigate those who are rightly investigating him, that your focus has largely centered instead on President Obama. Is this a distraction from talking about the disgrace of President Trump? President Obama is not and never was impeached. President Trump is being impeached as we speak. President Trump's impeachment is the more relevant discussion to current politics.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 12-11-2019 at 08:17 AM.