Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FBI may have acted in 'bad faith' in Russia probe: Barr NBC interview today

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,217 Times in 13,952 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,053 Times in 2,848 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    So Barr is arguing Trump's case - witch hunt, spying etc. Is anyone surprised at that? He's Trump's man.

I'm more interested in what Durham may have that Horowitz didn't. We don't know what it's worth because Durham hasn't told us anything specific. Until he does, everybody should pipe down. But they won't.
    It is not Durham, it is all Barr's, Durham is surely taking direction from Barr, they want to come up with anything they can frame to initiate innuendos, Barr will have another big press conference before anyone sees what he has, tell America what he thinks, and then the right wing media will take it from there, conspiracies abound, whether they are true or close to true doesn't matter. As I said before, I'm betting sometime near the Democrat Convention so that Trump can divert attention away from the Democrats

2. The Following User Groans At archives For This Awful Post:

Earl (12-11-2019)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

Trumpet (12-10-2019)

4. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    Schiff is 100% full of shit. did you catch the Article announcement today?
    he was his usual overdramatic self "cant let the president meddle in elections again"
    Didn’t see it.

The man has zero credibility.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (12-11-2019)

6. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Didn’t see it.

4:50 of your time -completely hilarious!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Darth Omar (12-10-2019), Earl (12-11-2019), Stretch (12-10-2019)

8. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Barr was commenting on the IG report.

And now, finally, everyone is on the same page with the Dossier: it's junk. Even worse, it’s very likely intended to divide the country, by the Russians.

And all these characters *knew* it was junk while Democrats and their media minions used it for the Trump/Russian conspiracy theory that dominated the news cycle for two full years. Keep in mind this is the FBI we’re talking about.

Yet they stood idly by if they didn’t actually encourage it. If you don’t see a problem with that I don’t know what to say.
    Why? Why did Barr, who seldom addresses the media, now decide he has a purpose in coming out and offer his opinion on an IG report? Why make sure he threw in all the right buzz words in his explanation? Why the need to correct the sitting FBI Director? Why compare it to an existing open investigation? Why did Durham also feel the need to offer his view?

Pretty obvious what Barr was doing, probably what Trump instructed him to do, get out there and reframe the narrative

IG said the dossier played no role in the offset of the investigation, in fact, that the FBI did not even know of its' existence till after the investigation had begun

9. The Following User Groans At archives For This Awful Post:

Earl (12-11-2019)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

Phantasmal (12-10-2019), Trumpet (12-10-2019)

11. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Didn’t see it.

On the right, kinda like Nunes, Jordan, Meadows, Ratcliff, Gaetz, or Collins has on the left

12. The Following User Groans At archives For This Awful Post:

Earl (12-11-2019)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

Phantasmal (12-10-2019), Trumpet (12-10-2019)

14. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    On the right, kinda like Nunes, Jordan, Meadows, Ratcliff, Gaetz, or Collins has on the left
    The IG report gutted the Schiff memo and validated the Nunes memo.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

anatta (12-10-2019), Earl (12-11-2019)

16. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

4:50 of your time -completely hilarious!

LOL! This guy was BORN for the part. Love it.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

anatta (12-10-2019)

18. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,324 Times in 2,774 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Opposition View Post
    Yes, and this is my opportunity to call you a conspiracy theorist. The term usually applies to anyone with whom we disagree. I am surprised that you put such faith in the people you named.
    The term conspiracy theorists applies to people who shift the goalposts until the soccer pitch is a mile long - and keep going. Anything that challenges the theory gets subsumed. Wider still and wider.

For example, you have no problem believing that the Inspector General of the Justice Department and his staff are part of a vast conspiracy, simply because they came up with answers that you (and Trump, of course) disagree with. I'm not sure what Barr believes - he may just be playing a cynical game,

Durham is more interesting. He suggests he knows something, presumably fact-based, but he doesn't say what. We'll have to wait for that.

19. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why? Why did Barr, who seldom addresses the media, now decide he has a purpose in coming out and offer his opinion on an IG report? Why make sure he threw in all the right buzz words in his explanation? Why the need to correct the sitting FBI Director? Why compare it to an existing open investigation? Why did Durham also feel the need to offer his view?

Pretty obvious what Barr was doing, probably what Trump instructed him to do, get out there and reframe the narrative

IG said the dossier played no role in the offset of the investigation, in fact, that the FBI did not even know of its' existence till after the investigation had begun
    Barr is head of the DOJ so I can’t think of a reason why *he shouldn’t* comment on it.

His ‘narrative’ consisted of legitimate criticisms of how the agency handled the Russian investigation. Was he supposed to say everything was honky Dory?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (12-11-2019)

21. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    The term conspiracy theorists applies to people who shift the goalposts until the soccer pitch is a mile long - and keep going. Anything that challenges the theory gets subsumed. Wider still and wider.

For example, you have no problem believing that the Inspector General of the Justice Department and his staff are part of a vast conspiracy, simply because they came up with answers that you (and Trump, of course) disagree with. I'm not sure what Barr believes - he may just be playing a cynical game,

Durham is more interesting. He suggests he knows something, presumably fact-based, but he doesn't say what. We'll have to wait for that.
    The biggest conspiracy theory since McCarthy in the 50’s was the Trump/Russian conspiracy theory lol.

When/if Durham reports that the investigation was on the up and up Democrats can spike the ball.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (12-11-2019)

23. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,030 Times in 14,526 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

It is not Durham, it is all Barr's, Durham is surely taking direction from Barr, they want to come up with anything they can frame to initiate innuendos, Barr will have another big press conference before anyone sees what he has, tell America what he thinks, and then the right wing media will take it from there, conspiracies abound, whether they are true or close to true doesn't matter. As I said before, I'm betting sometime near the Democrat Convention so that Trump can divert attention away from the Democrats
    What's troubling, is that when asked if Ukraine tried to affect the election, Barr stated that 'he hasn't heard anything about that. He hasn't looked into it.'

Barr has access to every piece of intel from every single agency. I'm not sure what's worse. The fact that Barr is lying about it, or the fact that Barr has absolutely no interest in finding out the truth about the Ukraine conspiracy theory.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

24. The Following User Groans At Althea For This Awful Post:

Earl (12-11-2019)

25. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,663 Times in 17,923 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    What's troubling, is that when asked if Ukraine tried to affect the election, Barr stated that 'he hasn't heard anything about that. He hasn't looked into it.'

Barr has access to every piece of intel from every single agency. I'm not sure what's worse. The fact that Barr is lying about it, or the fact that Barr has absolutely no interest in finding out the truth about the Ukraine conspiracy theory.
    I would believe Barr before I would give credence to anything you post, Snowflake.

26. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,892 Times in 21,656 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,684 Times in 5,187 Posts
    Blog Entries

Bill Barr has zero credibility, The independent IG has issued its report, it blew up in trumps face.

Remember of the TickTock about Your Rumpers anticipating it’s release

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

27. The Following User Groans At Jarod For This Awful Post:

Earl (12-11-2019)

28. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,663 Times in 17,923 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Attorney General William Barr on Tuesday discarded a key finding of the 435-page report released by the Justice Department's watchdog, saying in an interview that the FBI may have acted in "bad faith" when they carried out an investigation into President Donald Trump's campaign in 2016.

"I think our nation was turned on its head for three years, I think, based on a completely bogus narrative that was largely fanned and hyped by an irresponsible press, and I think that there were gross abuses of FISA and inexplicable behavior that isn't tolerable in the FBI," Barr told NBC News.

Barr excoriated the FBI for making mistakes and omissions as they sought to surveil former Trump campaign aide Carter Page, in line with the findings of the Horowitz report.

But Barr took his criticism further, telling NBC that the FBI could have acted maliciously as they continued to seek out surveillance of the Trump campaign despite certain pieces of evidence that had been used to stand it up in court -- like elements of the intelligence gathered by Christopher Steele -- falling apart.

"They not only didn't tell the court that what they had been relying on was completely rubbish, they actually started putting in things to bolster the Steele report," Barr said. "That's hard to explain. The core statement in my opinion by the IG is that these irregularities, these misstatements, these omissions were not satisfactorily explained. I think that leaves open the possibility to infer bad faith."

"I think it's premature now to reach a judgment on that but I think that further work has to be done and that's what Durham is doing," he continued.

The inspector general can only compel DOJ employees to cooperate with his investigation, and Barr described his protocols as "very deferential."

"[Horowitz's] approach is to say, if I get an explanation from the people I'm investigating that is not unreasonable on its face, then I will accept it as long as there's not contradictory testimonial or documentary evidence...
    And all he said is people gave me an explanation. And I didn't find anything to contradict it. So I don't have a basis for saying that there was improper motive. But he hasn't decided the issue of improper motive," Barr said.

Barr told NBC that he had confidence in Wray and believed he was "working hard to address the problems of the past."
    Barr appeared to ding Wray's reaction to the report and side with Trump, adding that "we can't ignore the abuses of the past and appear to be justifying them or minimizing them."

Barr, as the head of the Justice Department, oversees the FBI.

Barr also reiterated his opinion that the FBI did not have enough evidence to open up a full investigation into the Trump campaign in 2016 -- which diverges from the conclusion reached by Horowitz.
    According to the Horowitz report, the FBI investigation -- codenamed Crossfire Hurricane -- was opened exclusively on a tip to the FBI from an Australian diplomat that George Papadopoulos, then a foreign policy aide on the Trump campaign, had displayed knowledge of a possible plan by the Russians to release information damaging to Hillary Clinton.

In the interview, Barr dismissed Papadopoulos as a "28-year-old campaign volunteer" and suggested that the information he communicated could have been conflated with contemporaneous news reports about Russian hacking.

Papadopoulos has said that he actually received the information on the Russians possessing "dirt" on Clinton from a Maltese professor who is said to be connected to Russian intelligence.
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/10/polit...obe/index.html
    Indeed.

Thanks.

29. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 9,828 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

barr can bring
    charges....and pain.