Thread: MEXIFORNIA DREAMIN'

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,615 Times in 11,611 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    Nope. The rank of states by quality of living has California ranked 19th, the top nine are in the north and west (accept for VA), and the lowest six are NM and five southern states.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings
    Guess it depends on exactly what you are looking for when one says quality of life. To me it's health and happiness. Southern states did pretty well according to a Gallup poll.
    https://www.inc.com/bill-murphy-jr/a...llup-poll.html

But this map really puts the issue in perspective.
    http://factsmaps.com/quality-of-life...g-by-us-state/

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

cawacko is the one who is trolling.

All of the factors posted demonstrate that California has the most citizens in poverty of any state, but in terms of national ranking rests at above 18th or 19th in level of poverty as well as the same in quality of life.

cawacko is a Russ-assisted troll, and is game is falling apart.

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
    Guess it depends on exactly what you are looking for when one says quality of life. To me it's health and happiness. Southern states did pretty well according to a Gallup poll.
    https://www.inc.com/bill-murphy-jr/a...llup-poll.html

But this map really puts the issue in perspective.
    http://factsmaps.com/quality-of-life...g-by-us-state/
    Our personal opinions don't matter when the facts say that California is 18th or 19th in quality of life and most of the South is in the lowest 30% of the states.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

All of the factors posted demonstrate that California has the most citizens in poverty of any state, but in terms of national ranking rests at above 18th or 19th in level of poverty as well as the same in quality of life.

So you consider poverty as a good quality of life?

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,615 Times in 11,611 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Our personal opinions don't matter when the facts say that California is 18th or 19th in quality of life and most of the South is in the lowest 30% of the states.
    Now isn't that just amazing but my second link shows exactly the opposite in fact your beloved Mexicali is dead last in quality of life. Gee maybe instead of sitting on your ass feeling so superior try spending some time with real honest hard working people in the south.

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

My link is factual, while yours are alt facts put out by the enemies of America or you are unable to interpret them.

Which is it, Eagle-Eye?

I lived in the rural South for almost 30 years. The people are great but very, very ignorant about the real facts of life.

7. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
    It is a fact that the blue states have the manufacturing while the red states are more agricultural. But it is also a fact that quality of life is higher in red states due to a lower cost of living.
    Actually, the quality of life is higher in the blue states too.

8. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 42 Times in 34 Posts

Jim,

You need to wake up and start having a closer look at the reality of California.

OK, so you current issue is "Quality of life". That's very difficult index to measure with statistics, because what I might call a poor quality of life and what you might call a poor quality of life could be very different and in lots of ways even though we both live in the advanced West (and are both probably average, middle-class males).

I'll illustrate my point about "quality of life" in California by using a celebrity that you should know, one who currently lives there. Do you remember the English Punk Rock band, "The Sex Pistols" who became a global sensation in 1975? The band's front man was a young guy called John Lydon, who called himself "Johnny Rotten. The "Sex Pistols" scandalised Great Britain in the 1970, personally insulting Her Majesty the Queen by releasing a sarcastic single called "God Save the Queen" (which was so offended the average Englishman that most record stores in London refused to offer the 45 rpm single for sale, also, if I remember correctly, one of the member of the "Sex Pistols" band was given a terrible thrashing by a member of the British publish after the later spotted him shopping in London) The bank preached political "Anarchy" to England's youth during a volatile period of time in the 1970s when Britain's economy was flat-lining due to an incompetent Labour administration. "The Sex-Pistols" were foul-mouthed, often appeared rolling drunk and vomiting in public, spat in the faces of television journalists trying to interview them, incited particularly violent brawls in nightclubs where they were performing and so on.

The "Sex Pistols" happened in England over 1975 and 1976 - they came and went rapidly, but they left a very large permanent imprint on the history Rock and Roll, because the created a new musical genre - "Punk" (I know that the credit for this should , strictly speaking, go to the Ramones, but this post isn't an article for "Rolling Stone Magazine). To give you an idea, if you ask any average 18 year old kid, "Do you know who the Sex Pistols were"? They'll say "Yes"; and they might even have a copy of one of "the Pistols" old vinyl albums. Anyway the point is this, namely that John Lydon is a music industry celebrity who had a lot of money, and when he retired he married a lady who was a publishing heir, so they could afford a nice place to live.

In deciding where he would retire, John Lydon (who is English by birth), like many wealthy celebrities and music industry executives decided that a swanky part of Los Angeles would be ideal; and one of the most sunny, delightful and exclusive suburbs of LA is Venice Beach which is where he and his wife bought their mansion.

Last year, however, John Lydon, was appalled when a group of homeless indigents crawled over the fence around his mansion an began to set up an encampment of tents directly opposite his front door. He was shocked , he told a reporter by the sheer "effrontery" of these people. "Who do they think they are, setting up tents on my property" said the enraged Lydon (sounding, ironically like a crotchety old Conservative counsellor, than a wild-man who had once exhorted an entire nation's youth to rise up in "ANARCHY")
    Shortly before this incident with the a tents, a brick had come hurtling through an upper window in his mansion and startled his wife, who is in poor health ( with moderate Altzheimer's Syndrome) and was severely distressed by the whole episode and the angry - looking crowds of homeless that were often drifting about outside the mansion. John Lydon finally lost his temper and called the police (LAPD) one night when a group of indigent youths began tearing bars and windows off his mansion

Lydon continued telling the reported that the vagrants who had arrived in Venice Beach "moved en-masse"" and that they were "aggressive" and lived in "tent cities". He aslso said that there was noiw now a problem with indigents "Defecating and urinating" on sidewalk, which , he said, he found "utterly disgusting." As for Venice Beach itself, Lydon said he feared to invite friends there, because " there's an awful lot of them( the indigent/homeless) together there, they're gang-y. And the heroin spikes (needles)...You can't take any kids to the beach because there're jabs just waiting for them to put their feet in - and POO all over the sand "! Lydon also mentioned that it was not possible to swim in the ocean off Venice beach and large pieces of poop were always floating in the water. Lydon also went on to raise an environmental concern about the health of local sea mammals like seals who are now swimming in water festooned with turds - YUK !!

So... Venice Beach can be seen as microcosm of California. California is now pretty much a Third World state. One uniform feature of Third World states is that there are only two classes in society and not three. In California there are only two socioeconomic classes: the poor (many of whom are illegal and legal Mexican migrants,who are unemployed, welfare recipients, on Food Stamps, etc) and the super-rich (Silicon Valley) A big city in the advanced West (e.g. the US, the UK, Australia, Canada, etc) tends to have a tripartite economic structure (1) poor/working class; then, above this,(2) an (upper and lower) middle class and at the very top of the hierarchy, (3) an elite minority of very wealthy/rich people. In California the middle classes, ( people like the small business owners, teachers, mid-level bureaucrats and the retired) have over the past two decades increasing been escaping California in droves to more tax-friendly, business -friendly and less crime-ridden US states like: Nevada; Arizona; Texas and Florida. To sum it up, it is hard to deny that California has now become a Third World State - people don't like to hear it, but it's true. It is kinda scary and uncanny to see California, which was in the 1960, an advanced, Western first world success story now morphing into a medieval type society in Anglo-Saxon England where the wealthy Royalty, the Barons and the Knights are all placed in the top, most exclusive and wealthy level of society and everyone else is treated like pheasants. Perhaps I should be more candid and say "treated like shit", because that IS how they were treated.

Just like medieval societies were vulnerable to outbreaks of lethal, infectious diseases like typhus, cholera and the plague as a consequence of the filthy living conditions of the lower class serfs and Co. Los Angeles has has recent outbreaks of typus, (a medieval disease) that must have shocked the cities doctors. Though when you have 11 million poor immigrants in your state, many with no where to live, it is not surprising that they shit all over the sidewalks of cities like LA and San Francisco. The problem is that no one really likes having to clean up human poo, let's face it: HUMAN POO IS REVOLTING !! - but if all this shit that has been dropped on the streets and side-walks of California is not completely cleaned up ASAP, it will cause populations of fleas, lice, cockroaches and rats to soar out of control. If you know your history you will remember that the plague that very quickly killed a third of the population of London in 1665 was carried by FLEAS that were piggy-backing in the fur of rats. The plague ("Black Death") still exists, BTW, there are cases of it detected around the world every year. If I picked up the paper one morning and read " 2000 infected with THE PLAGUE in LA !!", it would hardly surprise me.

Finally, what really DOES shock me is how California's "lame duck" Governor, Gavin ("Moonshine") Newsome and the state's, limp-wristed, spineless liberal-progressive Democratic legislature know about all of this: the shit-covered streets, the typhus out-breaks, the Medieval Rich/poor class structure, the sky-high sales/business/gasoline/income taxes (highest in the USA), the completely broken public schooling system, the high crime rates, and so on. Basically what a SHIT-HOLE they have turned California into. But they just don't care, they could give a toss, because their power base is now assured. Go ask any of their castrated, powerless, Republican colleagues.

If I were Trump, I would go to California tomorrow and say,

"Well we've got a real problem in this state with immigrants from south of the border, folks, and as much as I dislike having to make this difficult announcement, I must tell you that all Hispanic and Latino person who are currently in this state illegally, now have 10 days to permanently remove themselves from US soil. Failing this, they will identified and forcibly removed by the Army. Also, because of the unexpected, negative effects of Hispanic and Latino migration into the State of California, all legal Hispanic and Latin immigrants will also now be required to to leave the United States permanently within 30 days.

Regards

Dachshund

9. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dachshynddawg View Post
    I used to think that California was a lot like where I grew up in Australia. That was near the Gold Coast and Sunshine coast in Queensland where there are some of the most beautiful surf beaches in the world; the sun was always shining , and there were lots of beautiful blondes in bikinis everywhere. The whole place had a laid-back, happy vibe. I think California must have been like that in the early 1960's when the "Beach Boys" (the rock band) were pumping out lots of top-10 singles But I hear that you Americans have now totally trashed the State of California. Illegal immigrants have transformed California from an American dream into an American nightmare.

The State of California's "progressive" Democrat government have allowed California to be swamped with some 10 million immigrants (mostly Hispanic) many of whom are in the US illegally.

California now has the highest poverty rate in America - nearly 1 in 5 residents live below the poverty line according to the US Census Bureau.

While California accounts for 12% of America's population, it also accounts for one third of the national Welfare cheques. Californis leads the country in food stamp use and it has more people on Welfare than most countries around the world.

But the Democrats have always said that immigration has helped make America more prosperous ?

Homelessness is exploding in California with tent encampments overruning schools, businesses and upscale neighbourhoods. California is now home to 22 % of the nation's homeless population.

California leads the nation in debt. Total state and local debt is almost $1.5 TRILLION. Combining state debt with California's share of federal debt produces a debt - to - GDP ratio of %153 - higher than the PIGS of the EU (Portugal, Italy, Greece and Spain) which are all facing economic collapse and ruin.

Then there's the taxes. The income taxes, business taxes, sales taxes and gasoline taxes are the highest in the US. Why ? To pay for the costs of illegal immigration is why !

In California the traffic is suffocating, miserable and unlivable. The highways and infrastructure are crunbling. The public schools are an unmitigated disaster (despite the nation's highest per pupil spending).

But perhaps the worst aspect of California's slide into Third World status is the filth that is blighting the states major cities. Californian municiple governments have been warned by hygienists that they must take urgent action to clean the gallons of urine, piles of human poop, used drug syringes and refuge off the sidewalks of the state's.major cities. If they do not remove the rubbish, excrement and other waste, the hygienists have warned that spikes in populations of disease-carrying fleas, lice and rats could trigger outbreaks of diseases like typhus, cholera and even the plague or worse.

In San Francisco in 2018 there were 28,084 reported "faeces incidents". One enterprising tech wizard in the city has invented an app called "SnapCrap" to help city residents file poop reports to 311 (!)

California's incompetent Democrat administration have made public defecation exempt from the law. Making it illegal presumably "butts up" against progressive liberal tolerance ? In California you can crap wherever you like in public with impunity. That's why their shit-load of poop of the pavements of the state's cities. Apparently there is another electronic device you can buy in California that warns you if you are a member of oi polloi who is headed towards a pile of faeces by emitting beeps.

I wonder what Nancy Pelosi (Democrat-California) has to say about the poop problem in San Francisco ? I don't think she would be very pleased if she trod in a big pile of turds on the pavement, but as she lives in a very expensive walled compound in the city, I guess, she unlikely to have any personal contact with the "brown stuff" that is taking over her state, though I'm sure she will pray for all of California's public poopers.

Regards

Dachshund

your assertion that California tax money pays for your welfare is correct

10. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

My link is factual, while yours are alt facts put out by the enemies of America or you are unable to interpret them.

Which is it, Eagle-Eye?

I lived in the rural South for almost 30 years. The people are great but very, very ignorant about the real facts of life.
    Yet they could survive in situations where you'd be better off sticking your head between your legs and kissing your ass goodbye.

11. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    You mean like in SF where homelessness is rampant, people shit in the streets, and according to cawacko housing costs are through the roof? Sounds like a paradise.

12. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    I guess that's why several southern (red) States have gained electoral votes, a sign of increased population, whereas, several blue States have lost, a sign of people moving out.

13. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Which is it, Eagle-Eye?

"My link is factual" - There you go using the 'because I said so' argument.

14. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Dachshynddawg finally admits he is wrong in #68. He simply does not like Big Government.

15. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Dachshynddawg finally admits he is wrong in #68. He simply does not like Big Government.
    The Constitution agrees with him about not liking big government.