Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: MEXIFORNIA DREAMIN'

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
    You really proved that you must use two liberal authored opinion pieces. Which proved nothing! LOL
    You could argue that they're opinion pieces because "better and worse" are opinions. However, they back those opinions up with facts. The economies in blue states are better. That's not an opinion.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    When did I lie about California?
    "you people"......post #4.....floridafan........your brother from another motherfucker........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You could argue that they're opinion pieces because "better and worse" are opinions. However, they back those opinions up with facts. The economies in blue states are better. That's not an opinion.
    yet we've discovered that the "facts" were false.......thus your data is tainted......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

Common knowledge is not the same as facts. If it is so widely known then you shouldn't have any problem presenting the facts to back up your claim Mr. limp wrist.
    It is so widely know that Trumpers only believe in their own alt facts.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmymccready For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (12-09-2019)

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,601 Times in 9,273 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dachshynddawg View Post
    I used to think that California was a lot like where I grew up in Australia. That was near the Gold Coast and Sunshine coast in Queensland where there are some of the most beautiful surf beaches in the world; the sun was always shining , and there were lots of beautiful blondes in bikinis everywhere. The whole place had a laid-back, happy vibe. I think California must have been like that in the early 1960's when the "Beach Boys" (the rock band) were pumping out lots of top-10 singles But I hear that you Americans have now totally trashed the State of California. Illegal immigrants have transformed California from an American dream into an American nightmare.

The State of California's "progressive" Democrat government have allowed California to be swamped with some 10 million immigrants (mostly Hispanic) many of whom are in the US illegally.

California now has the highest poverty rate in America - nearly 1 in 5 residents live below the poverty line according to the US Census Bureau.

While California accounts for 12% of America's population, it also accounts for one third of the national Welfare cheques. Californis leads the country in food stamp use and it has more people on Welfare than most countries around the world.

But the Democrats have always said that immigration has helped make America more prosperous ?

Homelessness is exploding in California with tent encampments overruning schools, businesses and upscale neighbourhoods. California is now home to 22 % of the nation's homeless population.

California leads the nation in debt. Total state and local debt is almost $1.5 TRILLION. Combining state debt with California's share of federal debt produces a debt - to - GDP ratio of %153 - higher than the PIGS of the EU (Portugal, Italy, Greece and Spain) which are all facing economic collapse and ruin.

Then there's the taxes. The income taxes, business taxes, sales taxes and gasoline taxes are the highest in the US. Why ? To pay for the costs of illegal immigration is why !

In California the traffic is suffocating, miserable and unlivable. The highways and infrastructure are crunbling. The public schools are an unmitigated disaster (despite the nation's highest per pupil spending).

But perhaps the worst aspect of California's slide into Third World status is the filth that is blighting the states major cities. Californian municiple governments have been warned by hygienists that they must take urgent action to clean the gallons of urine, piles of human poop, used drug syringes and refuge off the sidewalks of the state's.major cities. If they do not remove the rubbish, excrement and other waste, the hygienists have warned that spikes in populations of disease-carrying fleas, lice and rats could trigger outbreaks of diseases like typhus, cholera and even the plague or worse.

In San Francisco in 2018 there were 28,084 reported "faeces incidents". One enterprising tech wizard in the city has invented an app called "SnapCrap" to help city residents file poop reports to 311 (!)

California's incompetent Democrat administration have made public defecation exempt from the law. Making it illegal presumably "butts up" against progressive liberal tolerance ? In California you can crap wherever you like in public with impunity. That's why their shit-load of poop of the pavements of the state's cities. Apparently there is another electronic device you can buy in California that warns you if you are a member of oi polloi who is headed towards a pile of faeces by emitting beeps.

I wonder what Nancy Pelosi (Democrat-California) has to say about the poop problem in San Francisco ? I don't think she would be very pleased if she trod in a big pile of turds on the pavement, but as she lives in a very expensive walled compound in the city, I guess, she unlikely to have any personal contact with the "brown stuff" that is taking over her state, though I'm sure she will pray for all of California's public poopers.

Regards

Dachshund
    Go back to Australia,asshole!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

7. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,519 Times in 11,562 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

It is a fact that the blue states have the manufacturing while the red states are more agricultural. But it is also a fact that quality of life is higher in red states due to a lower cost of living.

8. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

California has the "most poverty" according cawacko, yet fails to tell the reader that it has the most population of any state yet ranks 18th in poverty, not first.

These silly repetitive mindless statements by those like cawacko is why we need leaders who deal in all of the facts together instead of for a power-hungry mobster rule like the GOP.

9. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    I believe in the Census Bureau's "alt facts"......

10. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It is a fact that the blue states have the manufacturing while the red states are more agricultural. But it is also a fact that quality of life is higher in red states due to a lower cost of living.
    Nope. The rank of states by quality of living has California ranked 19th, the top nine are in the north and west (accept for VA), and the lowest six are NM and five southern states.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings

11. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Nope. The rank of states by quality of living has California ranked 19th, the top nine are in the north and west (accept for VA), and the lowest six are NM and five southern states.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings
    /slaps Jimmy upside the head with facts from the Census Bureau......
    How does California stack up nationally?
    The U.S. Census Bureau measures poverty in two ways every year.

Official poverty measure: The official measure compares all states the same based on income.

Supplemental poverty measure: This measure calculates poverty rates by taking into account the many government programs designed to assist low-income families and individuals that are not included in the official poverty measures. It is this measure that gives us a better idea of what’s going on in a state like California.

By the supplemental poverty measure, California’s estimated poverty rate is 19 percent. While it is a 1.4 percent decrease from the previous year, the rate remains the highest among states. It accounts for about 7.5 million Californians.

The next closest is Florida with 18.1 percent. Louisiana follows at 17.7 percent.

After that, these states follow: Mississippi (15.9 percent), Arizona (15.6 percent), Georgia (15.6 percent), New York (15.5 percent), New Mexico (15.2 percent), New Jersey (15.1 percent) and Hawaii (15.0 percent).
    https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...htmlstory.html

five of top ten are blue.....it's really quite simple.......yes, income in California is high compared to other states.......but expenses are even higher.......

12. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

California has the "most poverty" according cawacko, yet fails to tell the reader that it has the most population of any state yet ranks 18th in poverty, not first.

These silly repetitive mindless statements by those like cawacko is why we need leaders who deal in all of the facts together instead of for a power-hungry mobster rule like the GOP.
    I'm not even understanding the attempted troll here. Poverty rate is based on percentage of people in poverty not the overall number of people in poverty in the state. How is that even up for debate?

Every single major newspaper in the state has articles on California having the highest poverty rate. The numbers are the numbers.

This is a weird troll attempt.

13. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yep, you are attempting to troll and failing, cawacko.

I have given you objective sources and all you have is what you say you have.

California has the most in poverty because it has the most citizens of any state.

In quality of living, California is 18th or 19th in rank.

The Southern states in rank suck at the quality of life.

These are document facts, cawackotroll.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmymccready For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (12-09-2019)

15. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Yep, you are attempting to troll and failing, cawacko.

I have given you objective sources and all you have is what you say you have.

California has the most in poverty because it has the most citizens of any state.

In quality of living, California is 18th or 19th in rank.

The Southern states in rank suck at the quality of life.

These are document facts, cawackotroll.
    I assumed you were trolling but based on the bolded statement maybe you are just ignorant to how percentages work and poverty is calculated.

As for your sources here you go:

TRUE: California has the nation’s highest poverty rate, when factoring in cost-of-living

https://www.politifact.com/californi...overty-rate-w/

California ranks No. 1 in poverty once again. Take one guess why.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...htmlstory.html

California still No. 1 in poverty

https://calmatters.org/commentary/hi...-1-in-poverty/

Census Bureau: California has The highest rate of poverty in U.S.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2018...1611536887413/

California Still Has The Nation's Highest Poverty Rate (Blame Housing Costs)

https://laist.com/2018/09/12/califor...sing_costs.php

16. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (12-09-2019)

17. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

There is no such thing as alt facts. Something is either a fact or it isn't.

18. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I'm not even understanding the attempted troll here. Poverty rate is based on percentage of people in poverty not the overall number of people in poverty in the state. How is that even up for debate?

Every single major newspaper in the state has articles on California having the highest poverty rate. The numbers are the numbers.

This is a weird troll attempt.
    The troll excuse, huh?