Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Trump appointee wants taxpayers to reimburse her for stolen jewelry

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    6,403
    Thanks
    2,686
    Thanked 4,699 Times in 2,955 Posts
    Groans
    94
    Groaned 974 Times in 853 Posts

    Default Trump appointee wants taxpayers to reimburse her for stolen jewelry

    Another grifter from the Trump crime family.

    A top Trump health appointee sought to have taxpayers reimburse her for the costs of jewelry, clothing and other possessions, including a $5,900 Ivanka Trump-brand pendant, that were stolen while in her luggage during a work-related trip, according to documents obtained by POLITICO.

    Seema Verma, who runs the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, filed a $47,000 claim for lost property on Aug. 20, 2018, after her bags were stolen while she was giving a speech in San Francisco the prior month. The property was not insured, Verma wrote in her filing to the Health and Human Services department.

    https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...jewelry-077761
    Last edited by Cinnabar; 12-08-2019 at 08:21 PM.
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

    Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.


    It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

    This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.


    https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

    Trumpet (12-08-2019)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17,957
    Thanks
    7,117
    Thanked 8,983 Times in 6,237 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,025 Times in 962 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Another grifter from the Trump crime family.
    That's actually standard practice, but NOT for any items that are used for something outside of her duties. Like thousands of dollars worth of jewelry that she 'claims' to have been traveling with.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

    Trumpet (12-08-2019)

  5. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    30,242
    Thanks
    13,444
    Thanked 17,798 Times in 9,192 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 2,002 Times in 1,797 Posts

    Default

    The obvious question is who takes 50,000 bucks worth of jewelry on a government business trip?

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

    Althea (12-08-2019), Cinnabar (12-08-2019), Trumpet (12-08-2019)

  7. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    28,985
    Thanks
    10,075
    Thanked 17,702 Times in 12,219 Posts
    Groans
    23
    Groaned 433 Times in 417 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    The obvious question is who takes 50,000 bucks worth of jewelry on a government business trip?
    That is a very good point.
    Consider the Oyster.

    C-4 is just angry playdoh.

  8. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17,957
    Thanks
    7,117
    Thanked 8,983 Times in 6,237 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,025 Times in 962 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    The obvious question is who takes 50,000 bucks worth of jewelry on a government business trip?
    On the bright side, she got $2k for her troubles.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

  9. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    6,403
    Thanks
    2,686
    Thanked 4,699 Times in 2,955 Posts
    Groans
    94
    Groaned 974 Times in 853 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    That's actually standard practice, but NOT for any items that are used for something outside of her duties. Like thousands of dollars worth of jewelry that she 'claims' to have been traveling with.
    And it just happened to be an Ivanka label piece of jewelry. She probably would not have an issue getting a receipt for it...would she?
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

    Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.


    It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

    This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.


    https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

    Althea (12-08-2019)

  11. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17,957
    Thanks
    7,117
    Thanked 8,983 Times in 6,237 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,025 Times in 962 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    And it just happened to be an Ivanka label piece of jewelry. She probably would not have an issue getting a receipt for it...would she?
    I hate to admit this, but I used to watch Celebrity Apprentice. It happened by accident one night. While surfing, I saw Penn Gillette on the screen. Turns out it was C.A. I was fascinated by him (MENSA). Likewise for many other celebs. I didn't buy into the nonsensical fighting, or the board room bullshit.

    But, I watched it for several season, fast forwarding through most of trump's shit.

    He did then, what he's doing now. Using the show to benefit himself/his family. Now he uses his office. He always forced the contestants to call friends and have them donate money to the show for 'charity'. I think we now know what charity that was.


    One episode, they had to convince friends to attend an auction for charity. They auctioned Ivanka's cheap gaudy crap jewelry for ridiculous prices.

    It was nauseating.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

  12. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    6,403
    Thanks
    2,686
    Thanked 4,699 Times in 2,955 Posts
    Groans
    94
    Groaned 974 Times in 853 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    I hate to admit this, but I used to watch Celebrity Apprentice. It happened by accident one night. While surfing, I saw Penn Gillette on the screen. Turns out it was C.A. I was fascinated by him (MENSA). Likewise for many other celebs. I didn't buy into the nonsensical fighting, or the board room bullshit.

    But, I watched it for several season, fast forwarding through most of trump's shit.

    He did then, what he's doing now. Using the show to benefit himself/his family. Now he uses his office. He always forced the contestants to call friends and have them donate money to the show for 'charity'. I think we now know what charity that was.


    One episode, they had to convince friends to attend an auction for charity. They auctioned Ivanka's cheap gaudy crap jewelry for ridiculous prices.

    It was nauseating.
    A very cheesy money hungry family of grifters. Trump once showed up at a charity event and took to the stage for a photo-op with the donors but he left without donating squat.
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

    Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.


    It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

    This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.


    https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

  13. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17,957
    Thanks
    7,117
    Thanked 8,983 Times in 6,237 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,025 Times in 962 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    A very cheesy money hungry family of grifters.
    Can't blame the kids. Dad had most in the NY area snowed for many years. They reaped the rewards, and will now suffer the consequences of their father's rabid narcissism.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

  14. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    6,403
    Thanks
    2,686
    Thanked 4,699 Times in 2,955 Posts
    Groans
    94
    Groaned 974 Times in 853 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Can't blame the kids. Dad had most in the NY area snowed for many years. They reaped the rewards, and will now suffer the consequences of their father's rabid narcissism.
    They deserve it. They are grown-ups and thieves as well.
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

    Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.


    It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

    This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.


    https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

    Althea (12-08-2019)

  16. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    30,242
    Thanks
    13,444
    Thanked 17,798 Times in 9,192 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 2,002 Times in 1,797 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    That is a very good point.
    I don't travel with tens of thousands of dollars worth of jewelry on a business trip , but women would have to judge if this is in any way normal

    She should have at least insured her luggage.

  17. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    6,403
    Thanks
    2,686
    Thanked 4,699 Times in 2,955 Posts
    Groans
    94
    Groaned 974 Times in 853 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I don't travel with tens of thousands of dollars worth of jewelry on a business trip , but women would have to judge if this is in any way normal

    She should have at least insured her luggage.
    No it's not normal and I am doubting that she even had the jewelry in the first place. And if she did have it, maybe she had someone she knew "steal" it.
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

    Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.


    It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

    This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.


    https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

  18. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,551
    Thanks
    188
    Thanked 337 Times in 272 Posts
    Groans
    29
    Groaned 117 Times in 113 Posts

    Default

    I call bullshit

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Judy Johnstone For This Post:

    Cinnabar (12-08-2019)

Similar Threads

  1. Trump Appointee had a plan to remove him....
    By Jarod in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-21-2018, 01:06 PM
  2. Trump appointee announces Russian indictments
    By Jarod in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-13-2018, 10:26 AM
  3. Trump Appointee Compiles Loyalty List of U.S. Employees at U.N., State
    By signalmankenneth in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-13-2018, 05:22 PM
  4. Burglars take $100,000 in jewelry from Issa home
    By katsung47 in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-27-2012, 03:00 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-22-2012, 10:24 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •