Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Democrat impeachment report: Trump can be impeached despite him breaking no laws

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,006 Times in 8,033 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

ATTEMPTING TO COMMIT A CRIME IS A CRIME!!!!!
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

2. The Following User Groans At Nomad For This Awful Post:

Earl (12-09-2019)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,978 Times in 32,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    and why do so many people think I'm an idiot, you might ask?
    not really.......we already know why......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (12-09-2019), Truth Detector (12-09-2019)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

People are protecting themselves and others from trumps racism and homophobia
    so you are protecting yourself from your own lies?.....
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

7. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Wait, I thought I was. No fair. I'm telling.
    we may need a dance off.....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Truth Detector (12-09-2019)

9. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    BTW, impeachment is the COST of lying and cheating.
    so we need to impeach Nancy and Schiff and Nadler?.....

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

11. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hey idiot, we didn't make up the rules.
    well, to be fair, you did make up the rules......its just that you didn't make up the authority to make up the rules......

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

13. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,686 Times in 17,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    so we need to impeach Nancy and Schiff and Nadler?.....
    Indeed.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

15. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arminius View Post
    The House Judiciary Committee report actually argues that it doesn't matter that Trump committed no crimes, and that they get to simply assign “illegitimate motives” to him, charge him regardless of all the facts and evidence, and force him to go through a trial in the Senate on their triggered feelings alone. Seriously. It is literally the first time in the history of the republic such an asinine "make up whatever we feel like" abuse of power has been applied.

It also holds up the fraudulent Johnson impeachment...the one rejected across the board as a hoax, as the model for their legal reasoning.
    Stunning in it's stupidity. If the Party of the Jackass thinks they can pull this stupidity off in the Senate, they are woefully retarded.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Earl (12-09-2019)

17. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You're the stupidest ass snot in the forum
    ^Mentally retarded.

"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

18. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Cheating and lying to win elections comes with a political price as well.

19. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

20. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

ATTEMPTING TO COMMIT A CRIME IS A CRIME!!!!!
    There was no crime. There was no attempt to commit a crime.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Earl (12-09-2019)

22. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    we may need a dance off.....
    I'm totally game.
    Every life matters

23. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

24. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,326 Times in 9,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 511 Times in 484 Posts
    Blog Entries

The House of Representatives...shall have the sole Power of Impeachment. Article I, Section 2, Clause 5
    Can you read- knothead? Well then here, allow me to educate you on the subject so that you are informed of how this shit works according to the Constitution!

In the debates in the Constitutional Convention, the delegates were attempting to craft a mechanism that would allow for the disciplining of a President who abused his constitutional responsibilities without creating a weapon by which the President would be prevented from carrying them out. At bottom, it was a question of how to refine and make effective the separation of powers.

Article II, Section 4, says that the President, Vice President, and "all civil Officers of the United States"—which includes judges—can be impeached. Members of Congress can be expelled by their own respective body. (See Article I, Section 5, Clause 2.)

Early on, some delegates expressed the apprehension that those serving in the federal government would be disinclined to monitor each other. Accordingly, John Dickinson proposed "that the Executive be made removable by the National Legislature on the request of a majority of the Legislatures of individual States." James Madison opposed the idea because it would subject the executive to the "intrigues" of the states. After defeating Dickinson's proposal, the members of the Convention also turned aside George Mason's and Governer Morris's initial fears that the impeachment power might render the executive the servant of the legislature. Instead, the Framers opted for the procedure that had been followed by the English and by the constitutions of most of the states. The appropriate place of bringing charges of impeachment, which power is analogous to the bringing of criminal charges by a grand jury, is in the lower house of the legislature. Just as the grand and petit juries are popular institutions, so it made sense to have the branch closest to the people charged with this indictment-like power.

The Constitution does not specify how impeachment proceedings are to be initiated. Early in our history, a Member would rise on the floor of Congress and propose an impeachment, which would then be assigned to a committee. In recent years, Members of the House Judiciary Committee have initiated the proceeding and then made recommendations for the whole House's consideration. If the House votes an impeachment resolution, the Chairman of the Judiciary Committee recommends a slate of "managers," whom the House subsequently approves by resolution, and who then become prosecutors in the trial in the Senate.

For a time there was legislation enabling the Attorney General to appoint a "special prosecutor" with the power to recommend impeachments to Congress, but dissatisfaction with the power of such an unchecked independent counsel led to the expiration of the authorizing statute. Even the most famous "independent counsel," Judge Kenneth Starr, who recommended the impeachment of President William Jefferson Clinton to Congress, had consistently argued against the practice of appointing such independent counsels.

There have not been many instances of impeachment over the years—a few dozen in all, mostly of corrupt federal judges. The most notable impeachments—Justice Samuel Chase, Presidents Andrew Johnson and William Jefferson Clinton—have ended in acquittals by the Senate. There were proceedings and hearings at the House Judiciary Committee and a bill of impeachment reported to the House against President Richard M. Nixon. Nixon resigned before the full House could vote on the impeachment charges against him.

The near-unanimous view of constitutional commentators is that the House of Representatives' "sole power" of impeachment is a political question and therefore not reviewable by the judiciary. The House is constitutionally obligated to base a bill of impeachment on the standards set out in Article II. (See Article II, Section 4.) However, the fact that the Constitution's text grants the House the "sole power," and the fact that such a review is not clearly within the Article III power of the federal judiciary indicate that this responsibility is the House's alone. The Supreme Court has found that the Senate's "sole power" to try impeachments is not justiciable. Nixon v. United States (1993).

That leaves the question of whether the clause imposes an affirmative duty on the House to monitor the conduct of those subject to impeachment, and, when evidence of impea-chable offenses is manifest, to initiate proceedings. It has been the general American practice regarding criminal law to grant considerable discretion to prosecutors, so that by analogy one could argue that the House has complete discretion to decide whether to initiate impeachment proceedings. On the other hand, Alexander Hamilton, in The Federalist No. 77, argued that the nation would find "republican" safety from a presidential abuse of power by the mode of his election and by his "being at all times liable to impeachment." There is no doubt that the Framers saw impeachment as a part of the system of checks and balances to maintain the separation of powers and the republican form of government. The implication is that when the President (or other impeachable official) has committed an impeachable offense, the Members of the House, bound by the oaths they take to uphold the Constitution, are under a particular obligation to deal with the miscreant's offenses, irrespective of whether their bill of impeachment may or may not lead to a conviction in the Senate.

[Stephen B. Presser Sullivan & Cromwell Professor of Law Northwestern University School of Law]
    the constitution doesnt define the process, but congress has. dems aren't doing it right.
    morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition
    https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/trump

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackwater Lunchbreak For This Post:

26. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

This is a political trial, and the House alone determines what political crimes meet "bribery, high crimes, and misdemeanours."

Dems are doing it exactly right, the GOP are guilty of obstruction, Again.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmymccready For This Post:

domer76 (12-09-2019)