1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default AA forced to apologize -Hail Satan Tee-shirt

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/new...cid=spartandhp

© Greg Nash American Airlines apologizes for making woman change 'Hail Satan' shirt
    American Airlines has issued an apology to a woman after flight attendants made her remove her "Hail Satan" shirt in order to remain on the plane.

Swati Runi Goyal of Key West was aboard an American Airlines flight from Florida to Nevada in October when a crew member made her change her shirt or get kicked off the plane, according to BuzzFeed News.

Kids Party Rental-LA & OC
    Clean, Ontime, Bouncers, Jumpers Themes,Tables & Games - Easy Order!
    AdWowPartyRental.com
    "It's an ironic shirt," Goyal told the news outlet. "People usually laugh at it, or they give me a thumbs up because they understand the meaning behind it."
    She is not a Satan worshipper but is a member of the Satanic Temple and bought the shirt in support of the organization.
    The Satanic Temple is a non-theistic religious organization that has become known for its activism on issues such as separation of church and state, free speech and religious freedom, BuzzFeed notes.
    Goyal said a crew member found her shirt bearing support for the organization "offensive."
    "We initially just thought it was a joke. But he repeated the directive, and there was another female crew member who was behind him with her arms crossed looking very angry," she said of the crew member who told her to change her shirt.
    She and her husband refused to leave the plane and instead took one of her husband's shirt to cover up the "Hail Satan" message.
    Goyal added that she was "humiliated" by the situation and contacted American Airlines after her flight to file a complaint.
    She told BuzzFeed that she received an email response from the airline that did not contain an apology, only a description of policies in place regarding "offensive clothing."
    "Our flight attendants have a responsibility to all passengers in our care, and we must sometimes make difficult decisions associated with the application of our policies," the email response stated.
    Goyal took to Twitter to voice her displeasure with the airline, and only then did American Airlines respond.
    "Discrimination has no place at American Airlines," the company replied on Twitter, adding that it would further investigate the incident.
    "We apologize to Ms. Goyal for her experience, and we are reaching out to her to understand what occurred," an American Airlines spokesperson told BuzzFeed.
    The Hill has reached out to American Airlines for comment.

I'm offended at our Love Jesus stuff, leave my country!

2. The Following User Groans At Micawber For This Awful Post:

Earl (12-07-2019)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

CharacterAssassin (12-07-2019), Jack (12-07-2019)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

I don't practice religion, but I spent the first 20 years of my life attending church.

I have never been a sacrilegius person. For one reason, my relatives are all christian church going folks including my children and their children.

I try to show respect to people of all religions!

Devil worshiping is not a real religion, IT IS SACRILEGIUS.

So let me just say, that the lady wearing the T-Shirt demonstrated bad taste and poor judgement.- even though she had a legal right to wear it.

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    I don't practice religion, but I spent the first 20 years of my life attending church.

I have never been a sacrilegius person. For one reason, my relatives are all christian church going folks including my children and their children.

I try to show respect to people of all religions!

Devil worshiping is not a real religion, IT IS SACRILEGIUS.

So let me just say, that the lady wearing the T-Shirt demonstrated bad taste and poor judgement.- even though she had a legal right to wear it.
    But ... worshipping a 'Man-God' is totally accepted?

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    But ... worshipping a 'Man-God' is totally accepted?
    For me personally no, but, I am always reverend around religious folk during public prayer etc.

I don't try to be a hypocrite, but I just show my respect of others!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Adolf_Twitler For This Post:

Jack (12-07-2019)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

For me personally no, but, I am always reverend around religious folk during public prayer etc.

I don't try to be a hypocrite, but I just show my respect of others!
    Please. Announce this to the AA Crew.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Please. Announce this to the AA Crew.
    They should have known without me having to tell them.

If she was wearing a shirt, with "Fuck You" on it, they would have reacted the same way.

In a way, her shirt did say "Fuck You Religious People" on it.

It's offensive to people! BUT NOT AGAINST THE LAW.

What would you think if DOnald Trump walked into a White House Press Conference wearing a red gimme hat with "Fuck You Democrats" embroidered on it?

Wait a minute- in a way he does! Because that is exactly what I think about the MAGA hats.

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

" "Hail Satan" shirt in order to remain on the plane."
    ""It's an ironic shirt," Goyal told the news outlet. "People usually laugh at it, or they give me a thumbs up because they understand the meaning behind it.""

Yes ... ironic T-shirt, usually making people smile if not laugh out loud. One guys T-shirt says 'Coke', another ones says 'Trump', a third one says 'Jesus', a forth says 'Grateful Dead'. The fifth says 'I Love NYC'. Each giving a shout-out to some personal feeling. Hers ... 'Hail Satan'. Funny. ... unless you are a Christian Jihadi that wants to impose Christian Sharia Law on everyone.

They should have known without me having to tell them.

If she was wearing a shirt, with "Fuck You" on it, they would have reacted the same way.

In a way, her shirt did say "Fuck You Religious People" on it.

It's offensive to people! BUT NOT AGAINST THE LAW.

What would you think if DOnald Trump walked into a White House Press Conference wearing a red gimme hat with "Fuck You Democrats" embroidered on it?

Wait a minute- in a way he does! Because that is exactly what I think about the MAGA hats.

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

" "Hail Satan" shirt in order to remain on the plane."
    ""It's an ironic shirt," Goyal told the news outlet. "People usually laugh at it, or they give me a thumbs up because they understand the meaning behind it.""

Yes ... ironic T-shirt, usually making people smile if not laugh out loud. One guys T-shirt says 'Coke', another ones says 'Trump', a third one says 'Jesus', a forth says 'Grateful Dead'. The fifth says 'I Love NYC'. Each giving a shout-out to some personal feeling. Hers ... 'Hail Satan'. Funny. ... unless you are a Christian Jihadi that wants to impose Christian Sharia Law on everyone.
    I think wearing anything with logos or brand names written on them is tacky as shit!

It's as if they are strutting around in public saying, "See Me! See me everybody"!

And besides, wearing anything controvercial is low class, as it causes confrontations that are really just unnecessary.

It's attention whoring at it's best.

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I think wearing anything with logos or brand names written on them is tacky as shit!

It's as if they are strutting around in public saying, "See Me! See me everybody"!

And besides, wearing anything controvercial is low class, as it causes confrontations that are really just unnecessary.

It's attention whoring at it's best.
    Hmmmmm ... would that apply to someone wearing a 'Adolf Twitler' T-shirt?