Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: AOC humiliates herself with another ignorant, biased lie, this time about Food Stamps

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,081 Times in 25,659 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    LOL.....yeah, but some have shorter attention spans and need the Cliff Notes versions of things.
    You still don't get my comment, which was about using correct grammar.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Get over it. Again, learn to take as good as you give.
    I make it a point not to stoop to his level.

― Charles Dickens

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    If you graduated FROM college you would know that "graduating [high school, college, med school etc.] is not correct grammar.

This thread isn't about your life. I worked during college also and paid my own bills. Instead of bashing AOC why don't you bash trump for not paying his own bills in college?
    YOU asked me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And, what's the grammatical problem you're having with "graduate, graduating & graduated"?
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

LOL.....yeah, but some have shorter attention spans and need the Cliff Notes versions of things.
    Seems to be a Democrat trait. Anything more than a one line tweet or a 5 second sound byte, they are lost.

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I make it a point not to stoop to his level.
    Once again, do not flatter yourself.

6. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Seems to be a Democrat trait. Anything more than a one line tweet or a 5 second sound byte, they are lost.
    Seems to be the case. I'm still trying to figure out what her problem was with the word 'graduating'.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something

7. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

YOU asked me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And, what's the grammatical problem you're having with "graduate, graduating & graduated"?
    I don't have a problem with using the correct grammar. Hope this clears it up for you.

Graduated Versus Graduated from

At first I thought this topic was too narrow to deserve a whole podcast. I haven't really heard the phrase "graduated college" or "graduated high school" much myself, but apparently I just don't get out enough because when I did a Google search, the phrase "graduated college" was twice as popular as the phrase "graduated from college." Twice! The wrong way of saying it showed up twice as often.

I scrolled through the results for "graduated college" hoping perhaps I hadn’t thought of a saying in which the two words just happened to show up next to each other, but alas, every result I looked at was a student talking about how they had just graduated college...

It is bad out there, but we can still do our part. People do listen. So listen closely: If you go around saying you graduated college, you sound illiterate. The correct way to say it is that you graduated FROM college. Here's why:

"To graduate" is a verb, and it can be both transitive and intransitive. Remember that a transitive verb takes an object and an intransitive verb doesn’t. Remember, an object is the thing or person the verb is transferring action to—the thing the subject is taking action on..."

https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/ed...graduated-from

― Charles Dickens

8. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If you graduated FROM college you would know that "graduating [high school, college, med school etc.] is not correct grammar.

This thread isn't about your life. I worked during college also and paid my own bills. Instead of bashing AOC why don't you bash trump for not paying his own bills in college?
    Miriam Webster disagrees with you. No surprise there: https://www.merriam-webster.com/word...-was-graduated

9. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Seems to be the case. I'm still trying to figure out what her problem was with the word 'graduating'.
    There is no problem with it. Seems just another Democrat who thinks they know more than they actually do.

10. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't have a problem with using the correct grammar. Hope this clears it up for you.

Graduated Versus Graduated from

At first I thought this topic was too narrow to deserve a whole podcast. I haven't really heard the phrase "graduated college" or "graduated high school" much myself, but apparently I just don't get out enough because when I did a Google search, the phrase "graduated college" was twice as popular as the phrase "graduated from college." Twice! The wrong way of saying it showed up twice as often.

I scrolled through the results for "graduated college" hoping perhaps I hadn’t thought of a saying in which the two words just happened to show up next to each other, but alas, every result I looked at was a student talking about how they had just graduated college...

It is bad out there, but we can still do our part. People do listen. So listen closely: If you go around saying you graduated college, you sound illiterate. The correct way to say it is that you graduated FROM college. Here's why:

"To graduate" is a verb, and it can be both transitive and intransitive. Remember that a transitive verb takes an object and an intransitive verb doesn’t. Remember, an object is the thing or person the verb is transferring action to—the thing the subject is taking action on..."

https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/ed...graduated-from
    "...couldn't even take care of herself after graduating high school." What's the problem? It's very common a short cut. I'll use 'from' if I feel like it.
    Last edited by Stretch; 12-07-2019 at 06:54 PM.
    pain in abortion.

11. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"...couldn't even take care of herself after graduating high school." What's the problem? It's very common short cut. I'll use 'from' if I feel like it.
    Which is correct. And accepted. One would think someone questioning someone else's grammar would reference something like Miriam-Webster and not some cheesy ass "quick and dirty tips" site. And Democrats wonder why no one takes them seriously anymore.

12. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Which is correct. And accepted. One would think someone questioning someone else's grammar would reference something like Miriam-Webster and not some cheesy ass "quick and dirty tips" site. And Democrats wonder why no one takes them seriously anymore.
    I'm tellin' ya....it's the Cliff Notes generation.
    pain in abortion.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Sailor (12-07-2019)

14. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"...couldn't even take care of herself after graduating high school." What's the problem? It's very common a short cut. I'll use 'from' if I feel like it.
    Since AOC's family getting food stamps at one time seems to be such a sore subject, let's discuss republicans who receive farm subsidies instead.

"...records from the Department of Agriculture, shows that of the 32 legislators who received farm subsidies, 31 grow crops that are also eligible for crop insurance subsidies.

The farm owned in part by Rep. Doug LaMalfa, R-Calif., received at least $5.3 million in farm subsidies between 1995 and 2016. LaMalfa is a member of the House Agriculture Committee, which has jurisdiction over farm subsidies.

Other big farm subsidy recipients include Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa and Reps. Vicky Hartzler, R-Mo.; David Valadao, R-Calif.; Devin Nunes, R-Calif.; Kristi Noem, R-S.D.; and Ralph Abraham, R-La.

Abraham is also a member of the House Agriculture Committee. Overall, at least seven current members of the House and Senate agriculture committees received subsidies between 1995 and 2016.

https://www.ewg.org/agmag/2017/11/fe...farm-subsidies

― Charles Dickens

15. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Cypress (12-07-2019)

16. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Since AOC's family getting food stamps at one time seems to be such a sore subject, let's discuss republicans who receive farm subsidies instead.
    No. Lets not. Lets stick to AOC getting food stamps instead of being able to support herself at 19, and your complete lack of understanding of grammar.

17. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No. Lets not. Lets stick to AOC getting food stamps instead of being able to support herself at 19, and your complete lack of understanding of grammar.
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    pain in abortion.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Sailor (12-07-2019)