Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello evince,

Right on!

That's fabulous.

Most people are good. It's true.

I learned that from driving. When I was immature I used to treat driving like a competition. I didn't want to get cut off from making a lane change so I would pick my spot and move over quickly, signalling as I went. But I realized that's not legal. You're supposed to signal first, then move over. The reason I wasn't doing that is because I was afraid people would see the signal and speed up to cut me off. I decided to try signalling first, as an experiment. Yes, some people will speed up to cut you off. MOST people will let you in. That's when I knew most people are good.

And ya gotta know that the ones who would speed up to cut you off? You don't want them behind you anyway. They are just as likely to be tailgaters. It's dangerous to have a discourteous driver with an attitude behind you. Better to let them go. They are willing to be foolish and dangerous in return for minimal, sometimes negligible, gains in traffic. They needlessly risk lives. Best to have some distance between yourself and such fools.
    Lose the homilies, Snowflake.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    Trump “Charity” Exposed as Elaborate Scheme to Make Golf ...
    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018...dation-lawsuit

Jun 14, 2018 · Trump “Charity” Exposed as Elaborate Scheme to Make Golf Debts Go Away. New York prosecutors have accused the president and his kids of “persistently illegal conduct” related to …
    Yup.

I've known of it for years.

Amazing what he gets away with. It's like the laws are simply a nuisance to him.

And now he is going to get away with Constitutionally unacceptable misconduct as President. Wow. What a con man. That is one master BS'r.

He wishes he had so many awards. If there was a greatest con man award he would win it hands down.

He's got the Republicans all addicted to this cult of misinformation. It really is amazing. And sad.

And dangerous.

We've got to get rid of him.

One way or another.

If we can't get him removed then we vote him out.

But for now we chant (all together now!)

SWEAR HIM IN!

SWEAR HIM IN!

SWEAR HIM IN!
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (12-07-2019)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (12-07-2019)

5. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Centerleftfl,

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    Alternate title. "The gRift that keeps on taking."
    That was good.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (12-07-2019)

7. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Turley takes issue with bribery, obstruction allegations against Trump

Turley takes issue with his colleagues’ view that Trump committed bribery in his dealings with Ukraine.

Responding to questions from Collins, Turley referred to the writings of Founding Fathers James Madison and George Mason as well as several Supreme Court rulings.

"You shouldn’t just take my word for it," he said. "Look to see how it’s defined by the United States Supreme Court."

Turley also said that "the record does not establish obstruction in this case" and, reiterating points made in his opening statement, criticized the hurried pace of the inquiry against Trump.

Congress will commit obstruction if they pursue impeachment. Turley

nbcnews.com

8. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    ^ The only reason I would ever want to be uber wealthy in the $$ sense.
    I'd like to think I could be that selfless but to be honest I would get a nicer house, nicer cars, more toys, do some travel, etc. I doubt any of that would make me any happier, though. I'm sure it would be very enjoyable and interesting. I mean why pass up the chance? But I don't need that to be happy. I already am. So I'm not working toward any kind of goal like that. I buy a Lotto ticket maybe every month or so. It's fun to briefly think you have a chance for that. But it's only a game and you expect to lose. If your life isn't already happy, becoming super-rich won't change that.

I would most certainly increase my giving greatly if I had mega bucks.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (12-07-2019)

10. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,524 Times in 52,741 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

I'd like to think I could be that selfless but to be honest I would get a nicer house, nicer cars, more toys, do some travel, etc. I doubt any of that would make me any happier, though. I'm sure it would be very enjoyable and interesting. I mean why pass up the chance? But I don't need that to be happy. I already am. So I'm not working toward any kind of goal like that. I buy a Lotto ticket maybe every month or so. It's fun to briefly think you have a chance for that. But it's only a game and you expect to lose. If your life isn't already happy, becoming super-rich won't change that.

Even if you live modestly you can usually find some extra to donate if the cause is right for you. Remember how Obama built his first presidential campaign out of small donations from regular ppl just like us? Little bits can add up!

Hopefully you'll win the lottery one of these days and we'll see you on that "My Lottery Dream House" program. ;~)
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

11. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Evil? Just "forced charity" or everything the government spends on, even the forced things you specifically want.

Your chosen officials "force you" to spend money on taxes. Show me your zero tax of any kind for anything anarchist politician or stand down dummy.

Of all the stuff government spends money on this POS selects charity to be pissed about.
    DEMOCRACY IS BAD TO THIS IDIOT

that is what this form of government the founders designed

HE HATES AMERICA

he needs to fucking leave

12. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Charity is a personal choice, those who choose to give, do so voluntarily.

Forcing charity by government is evil.
    then we should run the military this way idiot?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (12-08-2019)

14. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

nothing wrong with that Poli

that level of money can easily be operated to CREATE a constant flow of growing investment returns

I'd have land and many many animals

a mini waterpark in my huge backyard

multiple homes on the property for friends and family to hang

NEAR THE OCEAN

but that Flow of profits would mostly go to helping others

Hire people to approach the poor and homeless and access their needs and try to aid them in improving their lives

education, training, housing, medical care, mental healthcare and what it would take to move them forward

It wouldn't take that much to sustain the lifestyle I my self would require.

once you purchase property outright maintenance would be the largest cost .

My greatest cost would be for the massive animal population I would end up with.

But imagine giving a family that is about to lose their home the ability to stay in it by providing a job and enough to stop the process.

what a life

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evince For This Post:

PoliTalker (12-08-2019), ThatOwlWoman (12-08-2019)

16. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Even if you live modestly you can usually find some extra to donate if the cause is right for you. Remember how Obama built his first presidential campaign out of small donations from regular ppl just like us? Little bits can add up!

Hopefully you'll win the lottery one of these days and we'll see you on that "My Lottery Dream House" program. ;~)
    I agree nearly everyone should be able to find a little extra for a good cause. I certainly do. And no, I don't hold out much hope for a Lotto win, but thanks for the thought. Better than tantalizing really needy people (and soaking a lot of them for way too much in lotto tix - sad to see somebody dropping 20 and 50 on 'the stupid tax') would be if we tax the rich enough to not only balance the budget but to really redistribute wealth more equitably. It's really obscene, the distribution we have now. It makes us look really greedy as a nation.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (12-08-2019)

18. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello evince,

that level of money can easily be operated to CREATE a constant flow of growing investment returns

NEAR THE OCEAN

Hire people to approach the poor and homeless and access their needs and try to aid them in improving their lives

education, training, housing, medical care, mental healthcare and what it would take to move them forward

My greatest cost would be for the massive animal population I would end up with.

But imagine giving a family that is about to lose their home the ability to stay in it by providing a job and enough to stop the process.

what a life
    Sounds great. I like animals too.

May it happen for you one day!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (12-08-2019)

20. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello evince,

Sounds great. I like animals too.

May it happen for you one day!
    may it happen to all of us who would take such joy in sharing it

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evince For This Post:

PoliTalker (12-08-2019), ThatOwlWoman (12-08-2019)

22. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,419 Times in 16,408 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

may it happen to all of us who would take such joy in sharing it
    All of the local shelters/rescues have wish lists...you could foster...The need is great, especially this time of the year...
    Why, my dear, it can happen right now..just step right on up
    https://bordercollie.rescueme.org/California#all2
    https://www.laanimalservices.com/donate/wish-list/
    https://sonomacounty.ca.gov/Health/A...elter-Animals/
    I can get you as many lists and links as you like
    Last edited by TOP; 12-08-2019 at 11:55 AM.

23. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I love to laugh at the virtue-signaling of our faux rescuer who is great at giving advice out, not so great at actually practicing what s/he preaches.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

24. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

evince (12-08-2019)

25. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

NEAR THE OCEAN

what a life
    What a sweet dream.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

evince (12-08-2019)