Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 131

Thread: Nearly half of American workers have low-wage jobs

  1. #16 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    5,571
    Thanks
    2,434
    Thanked 4,306 Times in 2,688 Posts
    Groans
    88
    Groaned 865 Times in 757 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Cinnabar,



    18K would hardly have been enough for a single person in the 90's. No way anybody could have a minimal comfortable life on that now.

    You know how many hours a week somebody has to work to be counted by the BLS as 'employed?'

    One.

    That's right.

    If you work just one hour per week, they count you as having a job.

    Even though in a practical manner you don't have enough to live on. Doesn't matter! You're counted!

    The 'Unemployment Rate' is just a number. It doesn't describe what's going on in this country.

    What's going on is a class war where the rich make life miserable for the poor, utilize their labor without paying them enough, rip them off for everything they need to buy, lock them out of wealth building because they can never afford nor qualify for a home, and claim as justification that it's a 'free market' and anybody can make it if they try.

    They say people who work low wages jobs are working harder, not 'working smarter.'

    Well, it makes you wonder if all those punished hard working people took that advice and one day transformed themselves into professionals and executives, then who would be left to perform all those menial jobs?

    Did they ever talk about THAT?

    Somebody has to perform that function in our society. Somebody has to do those jobs. They should be respected for working hard, but they are not. Under our system they are called 'dumb' for 'making the wrong decisions.' Decisions like getting born into a troubled family with no opportunity readily and practically available to them, I guess. Yeah. 'Bad choice.' 'Their own fault.' 'They deserve no help.' 'They didn't earn it.' At least according to pro-business, anti-labor, low-taxes-for-the-rich Republicans.
    But a multiple bankrupted jerk born with a platinum spoon in his pie-hole who could not even profit from a casino who is now ripping off the American taxpayer is their chosen standard bearer.
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

    Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.


    It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

    This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.


    https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

    PoliTalker (12-06-2019)

  3. #17 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    20,942
    Thanks
    3,056
    Thanked 9,362 Times in 6,470 Posts
    Groans
    94
    Groaned 1,961 Times in 1,796 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    It's been three years, why hasn't Trump done anything to make America Great Again?

    Where's the MAGA he promised?

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

    PoliTalker (12-06-2019)

  5. #18 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    20,942
    Thanks
    3,056
    Thanked 9,362 Times in 6,470 Posts
    Groans
    94
    Groaned 1,961 Times in 1,796 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Earl is glued to this place all day every day groaning every post. What a fucking loser. LMAO

  6. #19 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    54,629
    Thanks
    3,381
    Thanked 16,454 Times in 11,401 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 606 Times in 573 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    So much for the shills and their praise of Trumps great economy.
    What do you believe the answer is to have less lower paying jobs in our tech driven globalized economy today?

  7. #20 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    20,942
    Thanks
    3,056
    Thanked 9,362 Times in 6,470 Posts
    Groans
    94
    Groaned 1,961 Times in 1,796 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    What do you believe the answer is to have less lower paying jobs in our tech driven globalized economy today?
    More money for education at every level, more jobs programs and tech school funding and public funded scholarships at community colleges.
    More money for trade schools. More govt backed small business loans in urban centers. Raising taxes on the wealthy and corporations that effectively pay zero tax.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

    PoliTalker (12-06-2019), TTQ64 (12-06-2019)

  9. #21 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    5,571
    Thanks
    2,434
    Thanked 4,306 Times in 2,688 Posts
    Groans
    88
    Groaned 865 Times in 757 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    More money for education at every level, more jobs programs and tech school funding and public funded scholarships at community colleges.
    More money for trade schools. More govt backed small business loans in urban centers. Raising taxes on the wealthy and corporations that effectively pay zero tax.
    If we can get rid of the GOP by making them as inconsequential as they should be, this could be achieved. The Green New Deal would create tons of jobs but a corporate Dem will not get these things done either. College used to be free...

    What Happened to Tuition-Free College?
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/what-...ion_b_10240514
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

    Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.


    It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

    This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.


    https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

    PoliTalker (12-06-2019), TTQ64 (12-06-2019)

  11. #22 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    8,410
    Thanks
    302
    Thanked 2,043 Times in 1,663 Posts
    Groans
    110
    Groaned 69 Times in 68 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    So much for the shills and their praise of Trumps great economy.
    The problem isn't that there are not enough good jobs to go around but that too many people don't have the skills for those jobs. Chicago announced 50,000 high paying jobs they could not fill. There is a large shortage of truck drivers that pay up to $80,000 a year.

    --Almost 84,000 openings for software developers are on the books.

    --there is a gap of approximately 46,000 between web developer job postings and hires.

    --Engineering jobs pay well and are pretty secure, and there are roughly 47,000 unfilled positions out there, according to estimates.

    --IT and computer administration--51,000

    --There are nearly 300,000 unique job postings for nurses going up every month

    https://www.cheatsheet.com/money-car...mployees.html/


    Nobody is going to get a good paying job unless they acquire some education, skill, or experience to qualify for them.

    According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics the mean hourly wage is $24.98.

  12. #23 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    5,571
    Thanks
    2,434
    Thanked 4,306 Times in 2,688 Posts
    Groans
    88
    Groaned 865 Times in 757 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    The problem isn't that there are not enough good jobs to go around but that too many people don't have the skills for those jobs. Chicago announced 50,000 high paying jobs they could not fill. There is a large shortage of truck drivers that pay up to $80,000 a year.

    --Almost 84,000 openings for software developers are on the books.

    --there is a gap of approximately 46,000 between web developer job postings and hires.

    --Engineering jobs pay well and are pretty secure, and there are roughly 47,000 unfilled positions out there, according to estimates.

    --IT and computer administration--51,000

    --There are nearly 300,000 unique job postings for nurses going up every month

    https://www.cheatsheet.com/money-car...mployees.html/


    Nobody is going to get a good paying job unless they acquire some education, skill, or experience to qualify for them.

    According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics the mean hourly wage is $24.98.
    But somehow the USA cannot offer the skills training or education? Keep the masses dumbed down by design and grateful for the crumbs that trickle down on them by the corporate puppet masters who cry over paying taxes. Boy oh boy...the USA went so far off the rails that we have billionaires crying over taxes...

    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

    Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.


    It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

    This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.


    https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

    TTQ64 (12-06-2019)

  14. #24 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    In my house
    Posts
    11,565
    Thanks
    1,390
    Thanked 3,951 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Groans
    4
    Groaned 257 Times in 244 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    It's been three years, why hasn't Trump done anything to make America Great Again?

    Where's the MAGA he promised?
    He has. These people have done nothing to improve themselves.
    ERIC CIARAMELLA whose name may not be spoken

  15. #25 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    54,629
    Thanks
    3,381
    Thanked 16,454 Times in 11,401 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 606 Times in 573 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    More money for education at every level, more jobs programs and tech school funding and public funded scholarships at community colleges.
    More money for trade schools. More govt backed small business loans in urban centers. Raising taxes on the wealthy and corporations that effectively pay zero tax.
    So any changes to the current education system or status quo and just more cash?

  16. #26 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    In my house
    Posts
    11,565
    Thanks
    1,390
    Thanked 3,951 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Groans
    4
    Groaned 257 Times in 244 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    More money for education at every level, more jobs programs and tech school funding and public funded scholarships at community colleges.
    More money for trade schools. More govt backed small business loans in urban centers. Raising taxes on the wealthy and corporations that effectively pay zero tax.
    Like DJT has done ? Trouble is, you have to DO this to receive the benefit.
    ERIC CIARAMELLA whose name may not be spoken

  17. #27 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    8,410
    Thanks
    302
    Thanked 2,043 Times in 1,663 Posts
    Groans
    110
    Groaned 69 Times in 68 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    But somehow the USA cannot offer the skills training or education? Keep the masses dumbed down by design and grateful for the crumbs that trickle down on them by the corporate puppet masters who cry over paying taxes. Boy oh boy...the USA went so far off the rails that we have billionaires crying over taxes...
    There are more of those programs than you can count. Many of the classes go unfilled and have to be canceled. Community colleges, technical schools, job training programs by unions, apprenticeship programs, Job Corps (that pays living expenses and hourly wages, and job training), and high school vocational programs are all available.

    There is no shortage of job training programs for those interested.

  18. #28 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    54,629
    Thanks
    3,381
    Thanked 16,454 Times in 11,401 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 606 Times in 573 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    There are more of those programs than you can count. Many of the classes go unfilled and have to be canceled. Community colleges, technical schools, job training programs by unions, apprenticeship programs, Job Corps (that pays living expenses and hourly wages, and job training), and high school vocational programs are all available.

    There is no shortage of job training programs for those interested.
    Interesting, why do you believe that is? Are people just not taking advantage of the resources available to them? Are they unaware these programs exist?

  19. #29 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    8,819
    Thanks
    3,971
    Thanked 3,193 Times in 2,355 Posts
    Groans
    4
    Groaned 540 Times in 495 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    More money for education at every level, more jobs programs and tech school funding and public funded scholarships at community colleges.
    More money for trade schools. More govt backed small business loans in urban centers. Raising taxes on the wealthy and corporations that effectively pay zero tax.
    Bravo!!!!!............realistic solutions instead of attacking.......that's all we can ask for.

    Also not all the low paying jobs are tech driven.

  20. #30 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    8,819
    Thanks
    3,971
    Thanked 3,193 Times in 2,355 Posts
    Groans
    4
    Groaned 540 Times in 495 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    If we can get rid of the GOP by making them as inconsequential as they should be, this could be achieved. The Green New Deal would create tons of jobs but a corporate Dem will not get these things done either. College used to be free...

    What Happened to Tuition-Free College?
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/what-...ion_b_10240514
    Bravo........now we're on the right track.

Similar Threads

  1. Almost half of Americans work in low-wage jobs
    By guno in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 12-05-2019, 07:55 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-20-2019, 02:21 PM
  3. The White House is only telling you half of the sad story of American jobs
    By signalmankenneth in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-26-2017, 08:33 AM
  4. Trump announces 8,000 more jobs for American workers
    By anatta in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 305
    Last Post: 01-01-2017, 02:18 PM
  5. McDonald's workers sue for wage theft!
    By signalmankenneth in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-13-2014, 04:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •