Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Impeachment without removal, the best choice at this time.

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,617 Times in 21,480 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post
    OK, then I'm confused. I thought his supporters were few and far between.

I keep hearing the majority of Americans are not racist trash like his supporters. Can't the majority of Americans over take the few supporters he has?

Or, are there more dump supporters than what's being said?
    Nope, you never heard that from me. He does not have a majority but he has a good 35% of Americans, that's more than one in three.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Nope, you never heard that from me. He does not have a majority but he has a good 35% of Americans, that's more than one in three.
    Got it.

35% is a lot.

Thanks for being honest about it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TTQ64 For This Post:

Jarod (12-05-2019)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,558 Times in 17,087 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

The Senate could censor Trump. Even that would make Trumpy furious. He has never had to answer to the law and he is not prepared to start now. Of course, he lost a pile of lawsuits. The most recent being that vaunted highly respected institute of advanced learning , Trump University. He only had to fork over 25 million for that one. Perhaps his availing himself of the money in the Trump foundation was a loss?

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,734 Times in 14,330 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    AS I have said over the past few years about President Trump I believe Impeachment without removal is what is the best choice for America and for liberalism.

There is a crazy group of Americans who at this time cannot dial down their passion for Trump. This is a pattern that has existed in history, where a group of people become extreme devotees to a "strong man" who behaves in a militant way and for some reason fills a need for these people, the devotion to this "strong man" surpasses reason or logic and it does not matter how the "strong man" behaves as long as he is perceived as tough. No facts will penetrate the passion these people feel.

Given that, and the fact that we do have an election next year, I want all the facts of Trumps actions on the record and to have as many witnesses to it to do so.

I think we need impeachment to show our future nation that not everyone was ready to throw the rule of law out the window, but I also believe that if we remove Trump, these enamored followers of his will never again be logical about making our nation the best it can be. I think there is a good chance Trump will be voted out in 2020 and that would be the less obstructive to our political process and fragile democracy.

I also strongly believe Trump will keep committing these types of offences and bumble his way through cover-ups, so if by chance he is elected in 2020, we will get a second or third crack at impeachment. I do not believe Pence would be any better of a president than the tubby shit for brains we have now.

My prediction, I get what I have though was best for a long time, impeachment with no conviction.
    That's certainly not a hard prediction to make. We NEED trump in office next November.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.