Thread: Almost half of Americans work in low-wage jobs

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Thanks. My father was an incredible and highly respected man. He was an avid outdoorsman, a very successful hunter and tracker, a distinguished expert with a handgun, the curator of the M-1's and a life member at our gun club. He was a Past Master of the Masonic Lodge. He volunteered in both the church and community and was very generous, giving much to both. I could go on.
    His viewing and funeral was attended by politicians, clergy, judges, prominent business owners and many, many friends. Grown men cried at his viewing.
    I could only hope to be half the man my father was.
    He sounds like a great man RB. And you are a great son. The world needs more down to earth, caring and compassionate folks like you both.

2. #32 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,612 Times in 17,052 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    He sounds like a great man RB. And you are a great son. The world needs more down to earth, caring and compassionate folks like you both.
    He was, and thanks. He did quite well for only having a 10th. grade education. He died 2 days before Thanksgiving 7 years ago. I miss him every day, so does my mother.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Sailor (12-04-2019)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    The right to work (for less states)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other...obs/ar-BBXF7sF
    SKILL + MOTIVATION LEVEL= PAY LEVEL.

It ain't rocket science.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

Truth Detector (12-04-2019)

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Almost half of Americans work in low-wage jobs
    so your argument is based upon the fact half of Americans earn below average wages?......let that sink in a minute.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Truth Detector (12-04-2019)

8. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post
    YES the minimum wage should be at the very least $25.00 an hour........
    piker.....why not $2,500 an hour?....the we could all be 1%ers, eh?
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Sailor (12-04-2019), Truth Detector (12-04-2019)

10. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    piker.....why not $2,500 an hour?....the we could all be 1%ers, eh?
    Amazing how she never brings up the Obama's who are 1%ers now. I also find it "amazing" how the Obama's all of the sudden are silent about 70% plus taxes on the rich...........

11. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

My father taught me very early on that if I wanted something, I had to work for it. He quit school to join the Navy in WWII, and after he was discharged, took a 3rd. shift janitor job and worked himself up to manage a division of a large local company. He also retired early, but worked part time at a friend's orchard until he was 80 because he loved doing it. He also had a very small beekeeping business that he gave away when he quit the orchard. I did pretty well for myself because I wanted to be like him, but I didn't achieve what he did. If I ever "worshiped" any human being, it was him.
    With the way the lefties have created an environment where they encourage fathers to be absent and the government to take his place financially, it's no wonder so many would rather whine than try to do better.

12. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    SKILL + MOTIVATION LEVEL= PAY LEVEL.

It ain't rocket science.
    Would you agree that an increased motivation level can sometimes offset where the skill level may be slightly lacking to produce the same pay level?

13. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Would you agree that an increased motivation level can sometimes offset where the skill level may be slightly lacking to produce the same pay level?
    The increased motivation level to learn should increase the skill level. Isn't that how it works?

There's no school that could teach me what I've learned over the years from the machinists I've
    worked with, there just isn't enough time unless you spend 3/4 of your life in school, and then you
    won't learn it "all." My employer said I was a professional machinist and gave me the manager's job
    of his machine shop, and I'll admit I don't know it all.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Sailor (12-04-2019)

15. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The increased motivation level to learn should increase the skill level. Isn't that how it works?

There's no school that could teach me what I've learned over the years from the machinists I've
    worked with, there just isn't enough time unless you spend 3/4 of your life in school, and then you
    won't learn it "all." My employer said I was a professional machinist and gave me the manager's job
    of his machine shop, and I'll admit I don't know it all.
    The skills can't do anything but increase. I'd rather hire someone that is highly motivated but whose skills may not be as good as someone else that isn't motivated but thinks he/she knows it all.

16. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The skills can't do anything but increase. I'd rather hire someone that is highly motivated but whose skills may not be as good as someone else that isn't motivated but thinks he/she knows it all.
    I've found that the "know it all's" usually don't know shit. The guy I recommended to take my position when I retired was a motivated Puerto Rican who asked me a lot of questions about what I was working on when I made prototypes and how I did what I did. Nice kid (he was in his early 30's) who, last I heard is doing well in my former position.

17. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

Grokmaster; SKILL + MOTIVATION LEVEL - A BLOODY GREAT CUT FOR AN EMPLOYER WHO DOES BUGGER ALL = FINAL WAGE.

It ain't rocket science.

18. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,844 Times in 14,184 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

If those constantly whining like the OP did with this thread spent 1/4 the time trying to better themselves as they did demanding someone give them something, imagine where they could be.
    Really white trash boy, went into the navy in 68' got out in 72 , worked as a machinist while going to college, got my associates degree in 75 plus my tool and die journeyman's card, then went on to get my 4 year degree in engineering at the state university of NY stony brook in 83' while working and raising a family, in 88' received my masters, made good money, even today semi retired and make more on contracts in a few months that other people make in a year
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

Iolo/Penderyn (12-05-2019)

20. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Really white trash boy, went into the navy in 68' got out in 72 , worked as a machinist while going to college, got my associates degree in 75 plus my tool and die journeyman's card, then went on to get my 4 year degree in engineering at the state university of NY stony brook in 83' while working and raising a family, in 88' received my masters, made good money, even today semi retired and make more on contracts in a few months that other people make in a year
    Yet you've provided absolutely no proof of any of those claims. Just like your fellow n-l Micawber, "because I said so" isn't a valid argument.

21. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I've found that the "know it all's" usually don't know shit. The guy I recommended to take my position when I retired was a motivated Puerto Rican who asked me a lot of questions about what I was working on when I made prototypes and how I did what I did. Nice kid (he was in his early 30's) who, last I heard is doing well in my former position.
    I've found that the know it all's tend to make claims about what they've done yet provide no proof of any of it. Two on this forum come to mind.