Thread: Our Education System

1. #181 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I can already tell you what racists are going to imply.

That Switzerland has great education because they are white.
    And that's exactly what cawacky implied.

2. #182 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Undoubtedly, these countries have publicly funded education and public schools.

I can already tell you what racists are going to imply.

That Switzerland, Netherlands, et al. has great education because they are white.

I actually cannot think of a single country on the planet that has an education system based on the conservative model of home schooling, and private for-profit run primary schools.
    There are certain schools within the district where I live that were deemed "Academies". Interestingly, they weren't the schools that were the better performers but just the opposite. It wasn't a surprise that the schools chosen were the ones with the highest black population and, thus, the lowest performing schools. In an effort at parity, those academies brought in the higher performing white students to bring up the overall report card grades for the low performing schools. It's OK, within the academies, those that attended the academy portion of those schools didn't have to mix in classes with the resident thug population and give the thugs a chance to bring down those actually concerned about learning.

It's not racist to say whiter schools perform better, it's a fact. Go back 65 years to Brown. It wasn't the whites trying to get into the black schools, it was the other way around. There's a reason for that.

3. #183 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Did I respond to your post? No I did not. Just as I'm not responding to your post here. It's a discussion board and the topic is education. If these small white European countries are the model we should follow I'm interested in hearing what others have to say about it. If discussing the topic triggers you put me on ignore.

4. #184 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post
    And that's exactly what cawacky implied.
    In the district where I live, the lower performing schools have the higher black populations and vice versa.

In Brown, it wasn't the whites trying to get into the black schools. It was the other way around and for good reason. Almost 65 years later, the results are still the same in performance despite several generations of blacks going to school with whites.

5. #185 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Did I respond to your post? No I did not. Just as I'm not responding to your post here. It's a discussion board and the topic is education. If these small white European countries are the model we should follow I'm interested in hearing what others have to say about it. If discussing the topic triggers you put me on ignore.
    I just told you solutions......FUNDING.....EQUAL FUNDING

But I'm sure you'll dismiss it.

6. #186 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I just told you solutions......FUNDING.....EQUAL FUNDING

But I'm sure you'll dismiss it.
    Funding is equal in the school district where I live. Lack of funding isn't the problem. That should tell you what is.

7. #187 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,524 Times in 11,565 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

You people are so fucking stupid.....is it on purpose? Do you really not understand how ignorant you're comment is?
    What's the matter loser did my two posts on successful American blacks shoot holes in your bullshit?

8. #188 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Get this through your skull, you unrepentant lying mother effer. I am never going to be interested in reading or responding to you. No matter how much you lurk my posts or write off handed comments to or about me.

>> https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...33#post2395033
    You know what I will respond to you Cypress, this one time. Get the Fvck over yourself. I rarely post on this board anymore. It no longer holds the interest to me that it once did. But when I do post here it's not in response to you or about you. So again, get over yourself thinking you are so important and I'm here stalking you.

There are people responding to me ITT that I haven't responded to in several years yet they constantly quote my threads. Yet I don't cry about it. It is what it is.

And generally speaking I attempt to treat people with respect, even when we disagree. Now I have over 50K posts on this board and there are definitely ones I would like to take back. I'm not proud of everything I've posted. But overall I'm pretty good.

So get over yourself. You are not that important.

9. #189 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
    What's the matter loser did my two posts on successful American blacks shoot holes in your bullshit?
    Absolutely not!

In fact, your absurd post confirms how unequal this country is.

The fact that you can count on 1 hand how many "Blacks that have succeeded" in this country IN-SPITE of the oppression, racism, institutional racism and white privilege shows your ignorance.

10. #190 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,519 Times in 52,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Easy way to address this topic. We need to deal with real world examples, not theoretical musings, or mental masterbation.

Liberals can point to countries with excellent educational systems which we can emulate, learn from, or copy.

I put forth Finland, Netherlands. Switzerland, Belgium as example of superior educational systems we can emulate/learn from.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/e...-a7425391.html

On the other hand, conservatives need to point to nations which have prestigious and excellent educational systems based on home schooling or turning public schools over to for-profit corporations.
    I really would like to hear what countries conservatives come up with.
    Good points. Certainly the most successful education systems have realized that not everyone in the classroom is equal. Americans seem to hate the idea of testing, particularly to sort out those who are struggling from those who are excelling. We think "equality" extends to education too. Well, it does -- if "equality" means making sure every kid has the same access to quality instructors, materials, resources. For kids who are struggling further research (testing included) would help to discover why and then school resources could be directed towards them, while more advanced students could continue to move on. In Germany your grades and coursework have to fall above a certain point or you won't be considered for Gymnasium, the highest level of college prep. Other students can attend lower level school with an eye toward learning trades. Americans would probably find this system too class-driven.

Your points about conservatives' desired school systems (home-schooling... lol) are spot on.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

11. #191 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That's mostly white parents.

But that's not what is failing our education system.
    The failure is from multiple causes. Unfortunately those on the RW prefer to think in simplistic, black-and-white-and-no-shades-of-grey terms.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

12. #192 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

My father has absolutely NOTHING to do with the United States Education System..........NOTHING!
    Don't let the stupid twit get under your skin. This is a person who has falsely claimed to be an "inner city" (code for mostly-black) m.s. teacher, who has referred to that student body as "thugs" (code word for you-know-what). So OF COURSE in her race-twisted mind, the only problem with education today is bad parenting.

I would agree that that is part of the problem, but definitely not the entire issue which has multiple causes, including institutional racism in the form of failure to fund and staff certain districts the same as other districts. Why should parents have to move to allow their kid to go to a better school with decent premises and buildings, engaged teachers, up-to-date textbooks, computers, and other modern learning tools? Why aren't all public schools equally staffed and funded?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

TTQ64 (12-03-2019)

14. #193 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Because of you're views.
    Which views would that be, exactly? There are a lot of brown conservatives. Why do you hate brown people SJW?
    Every life matters

15. #194 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Which views would that be, exactly? There are a lot of brown conservatives. Why do you hate brown people SJW?
    ALL OF THEM, EXACTLY.

Point to where I said I hate brown people. EXACTLY!

16. #195 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Absolutely not!

In fact, your absurd post confirms how unequal this country is.

The fact that you can count on 1 hand how many "Blacks that have succeeded" in this country IN-SPITE of the oppression, racism, institutional racism and white privilege shows your ignorance.
    Lol, as if there are only a handful of successful blacks in this country. More evidence of your fake blackness.
    Every life matters