Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Lisa Page announces how offended she is that people hate her for committing treason

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,770 Times in 3,312 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 166 Times in 157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Please stop exaggerating. She didn't say anything different from what millions of anti-trumpers have said. It's not treason to criticize a pol you don't like except in trump's addled brain.
    Except for things like the DOCUMENTED conversation where she openly discussed abusing her powers and rigging the system to "stop" a duly-elected president, for example, sure.

2. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    What were those actions?

I don't think it was sedition because she did not incite anybody to rebellion.

It wasn't treason because she gave no aid and comfort to an enemy with which we are at war.
    Trying to overthrow a duly-elected government through blatantly fraudulent abuses of power. This obviously treacherous and treasonous act seems to fit into sedition more than treason...but by the standards Democrats are setting with their "make up whatever we feel like" definition of legal terms like bribery (their deliberate misinterpretation was unanimously rejected as pure legal fiction by SCOTUS), conservative feelings are all we need to make her oath-breaking betrayals of the American people fit into whatever crime we want.

3. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,184 Times in 25,719 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arminius View Post
    Except for things like the DOCUMENTED conversation where she openly discussed abusing her powers and rigging the system to "stop" a duly-elected president, for example, sure.
    Explain to me how a garden-variety government lawyer has enough power to rig the system.

I'll wait.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

4. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Phantasmal (12-06-2019)

5. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Translation: Agents openly coordinating a plot to lie to the FBI and DOJ, manipulate investigations, rig the justice system, and overthrow a duly elected president is just...harmless political speech. Yeah, that's it. See no treason, hear no treason.
    I've heard a lot of wacky RWNJ spin about Page and Strzok but this takes the cake. First, their correspondence was private, not open. Second, they don't have the power to manipulate investigations, rig the justice system and overthrow trump. But since you're such a hotshot, why don't you tell the class how they could do all this, in scrupulous detail?

― Charles Dickens

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Cypress (12-05-2019), Phantasmal (12-06-2019)

7. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Explain to me how a garden-variety government lawyer has enough power to rig the system.

I'll wait.
    Obviously, by misrepresenting DNC-funded Russian propaganda (the dossier) as legitimate intelligence. That's what they based this fraudulent witch hunt on to overthrow a duly-elected president.

I've heard a lot of wacky RWNJ spin about Page and Strzok but this takes the cake.
    Let's compare:

You: Spent the last three years telling everyone that President Trump is a secret Russian agent, detecting imaginary Russians behind every shadow, and accusing everyone who questions your lunatic Russian misinformation of treason.

Me: Comprehended that deliberately lying to the FBI and DOJ while manipulating documents and rigging investigations to knowingly prop up debunked propaganda (the dossier) as legitimate intelligence is treasonously attempting to overthrow a duly-elected government.

Attachment 13108

First, their correspondence was private, not open.
    Obviously, the use of the word "open" is in reference to how little she did in her wording to hide her subversive attempt to overthrow a duly-elected president, not whether or not she published her treason for all to see, dumb-ass.

Second, they don't have the power to manipulate investigations, rig the justice system and overthrow trump.
    That's funny, because that's exactly what the evidence shows she did.

Do you seriously not comprehend how erroneously clearing Hillary while deliberately lying to frame Trump is "manipulating investigations, rigging the justice system, and overthrowing trump?"

Attachment 13109
    Hint: It might be time for you to explore media options outside the DNC-CNN bubble. You're coming to debates uninformed on very basic facts and embarrassing yourself with misinformed ignorance.

Last edited by artichoke; 12-06-2019 at 06:26 AM.

8. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Obviously, by misrepresenting DNC-funded Russian propaganda (the dossier) as legitimate intelligence. That's what they based this fraudulent witch hunt on to overthrow a duly-elected president.
    You're confused and desperate. Apparently the con obsession with the "deep state" found a home with you. Clearly the election wasn't thwarted by those two. Polls predicted a Clinton victory and many besides Page thought that trump would never be elected. And quoting Strzok: “had they — or the FBI in general — actually wanted to prevent Trump from being elected, they would not have maintained the confidentiality of the investigation into alleged collusion between Russia and members of the Trump campaign in the months before the election.”

Let's compare:

You: Spent the last three years telling everyone that President Trump is a secret Russian agent, detecting imaginary Russians behind every shadow, and accusing everyone who questions your lunatic Russian misinformation of treason.
    You must be channeling the voices in your head. I never - ever -at no time - told anyone that trump is a secret Russian agent, detected "imaginary" Russians, or accused anyone of treason. If you are going to insist that I did, then publish and be damned.

Me: Comprehended that deliberately lying to the FBI and DOJ while manipulating documents and rigging investigations to knowingly prop up debunked propaganda (the dossier) as legitimate intelligence is treasonously attempting to overthrow a duly-elected government.
    Your interpretation gets three pinocchios, Ms. Cheney.

"The language in the texts is certainly disturbing, especially the Aug. 8 exchange. But that is mitigated by the fact that there is no evidence FBI officials actually tried to derail Trump’s election. If anything, the FBI’s actions helped ensure it. The “insurance policy” text is more explainable, reflecting a debate within the FBI about how aggressively to pursue the investigation. (Strzok appears to have lost that debate, as the probe did not really pick up speed until after the election.)

Cheney has taken the worst possible interpretation of the texts and then used it to offer an opinion about possible treason or a coup. But the texts, especially about the insurance policy, and the initial IG report do not support that interpretation. Rather, the texts show evidence of unprofessionalism and reflect a debate within the agency about how to conduct the investigation...

Obviously, the use of the word "open" is in reference to how little she did in her wording to hide her subversive attempt to overthrow a duly-elected president, not whether or not she published her treason for all to see, dumb-ass.
    Ibid., Ms. Cheney.

That's funny, because that's exactly what the evidence shows she did.

Do you seriously not comprehend how erroneously clearing Hillary while deliberately lying to frame Trump is "manipulating investigations, rigging the justice system, and overthrowing trump?"
    Apparently you are unaware of the evidence, Ms. Cheney. "...the inspector general’s report shows that Strzok and Page at times pushed for harder measures in the Clinton investigation than others, and the decision-making was not biased in favor of her electoral prospects.

Hint: It might be time for you to explore media options outside the DNC-CNN bubble. You're coming to debates uninformed on very basic facts and embarrassing yourself with misinformed ignorance.
    It might be time for you to stop sipping the Kool-Aid and open your pea brain to the fact that the man you support is a lying, cheating grifter whose stock-in-trade is slander, libel, and the attempted destruction of anyone he perceives as an enemy.

― Charles Dickens

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

CharacterAssassin (12-06-2019), Phantasmal (12-06-2019)

10. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 429 Times in 408 Posts
    Blog Entries

She was caught red-handed colluding with her married boyfriend to frame Trump while burying Hillary's more than a hundred separate felonies to lawlessly overthrow "our democracy" (everything Democrats pretend to be fighting back against while being the only ones actually doing). She belongs in handcuffs for treason, not playing the victim with adoring fake news media outlets.

Lisa Page breaks silence, saying Trump's 'fake orgasm' forced her to speak out
    You should learn what 'treason' means and then stop sucking off your parole officer.

11. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why Lisa Page has been such an intense and constant target of Trump’s ire

"...trump has never been shy about going after those he perceives as his political enemies. Some are well known, such as his 2016 Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton, or, more recently, House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam B. Schiff (D-Calif). Some are — or were, before they became the focus of Trumpian ire — obscure, such as former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe.

But perhaps no individual has been the target of more virulent or more demeaning presidential abuse than former FBI lawyer Lisa Page. Now 40, Page has been a Trump target — indeed, a seeming Trump obsession — for going on two years now, since the Justice Department leaked her private text messages with FBI colleague Peter Strzok.

Page had an affair with Strzok — “the most wrong thing I’ve ever done in my life,” as she told me during an interview published Sunday by the Daily Beast, the first time Page has spoken publicly about her ordeal. Her texts with Strzok — as the two were working on the probe into Clinton’s emails and Russian interference in the upcoming 2016 election — revealed hostility toward Trump.
    So Page offered up a tempting and convenient target for Trump’s ire. But why has it been so intense and so constant? Page’s decision to come forward — “I decided to take my power back,” she told me — raises the question of why she has served as such an intense and constant subject of presidential abuse. I suspect the explanation is twofold: Page embodies two groups that most incite Trump’s wrath when threatened: she is a public servant — a member of the so-called deep state, — and, perhaps even more inciting to Trump, she is a woman who has dared to stand up to him.

Trump’s obsession with the “deep state” is well documented...

The president’s hostility toward powerful women has also long been evident; they seem to particularly outrage him. Trump’s favorite female targets include the Squad, Christine Blasey Ford, E. Jean Carroll and Elizabeth Warren. The president’s verbal assaults on women run the gamut from attacking Megyn Kelly’s physiology (“blood coming out of her wherever”) to attacking Carly Fiorina’s appearance (“Look at that face! Would anyone vote for that?”).

Those two strands came together in Trump’s venomous reaction to Page. He has not held back from attacking Strzok, but the way he talks about Page is markedly different. While the president never comments on Strzok’s physical appearance, his descriptions of Page drip sexism and misogyny. It is always Strzok “and his FBI lover, Lisa Page,” “the lovely Lisa Page,” “FBI Lover/Agent Lisa Page.” The president’s use of the word “lovely” has a particularly patronizing undertone, as though Page’s value is completely a result of her appearance. The use of the word “lover” serves a similar function, as though Page, an experienced lawyer who rose through the ranks of the Justice Department and FBI, is valued and relevant only for her sexuality.

To spend time with Page, as I have over the past several weeks, is to understand the toll of Trump’s unrelenting assault on her and its fundamental unfairness. “I don’t ever know when the president’s going to attack next,” she told me. “You don’t really get used to it.” Page, in my time with her, came off as the opposite of the one-dimensional, sexualized creature of Trump’s portrayal; she is smart, competent and self-made, a dedicated civil servant who desperately wanted to keep working for the government at a fraction of what she could make in the private sector. She is heartbroken at not only what Trump has done to upend her life, but also the harm he has inflicted on her beloved FBI.

At this point in the Trump administration, I suppose, we should no longer be surprised by much of what he does — by his hostility toward public servants or by his deep-seated misogyny. No doubt this is politically useful, as attacks on people such as Page help Trump inflame his base; perhaps it is also simply therapeutic for the president to lash out at her. But, of course, empathy is not in the Trump character. “When Lisa Page, the lover of Peter Strzok, talks about being ‘crushed’, and how innocent she is, ask her to read Peter’s ‘Insurance policy’ text to her,” trump tweeted after my article was published, referring to a text Strzok sent to Page before the election that said he wanted an “insurance policy” in case Trump was elected.

In fact, Page’s reference to “crushing” in the piece involved what Trump has done to the Justice Department. But Trump is incapable of understanding loyalty to an institution and of seeing women as anything other than weak."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...ff7_story.html

― Charles Dickens

12. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Phantasmal (12-06-2019)

13. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

I've heard a lot of wacky RWNJ spin about Page and Strzok but this takes the cake. First, their correspondence was private, not open. Second, they don't have the power to manipulate investigations, rig the justice system and overthrow trump. But since you're such a hotshot, why don't you tell the class how they could do all this, in scrupulous detail?

Arminius is a big phony. His whole spin routine is just that of a wannabe political radio star. We had one just like him back on Amazon Politics.

14. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    Arminius is a big phony. His whole spin routine is just that of a wannabe political radio star. We had one just like him back on Amazon Politics.
    That's funny! They're legends in their own minds.

― Charles Dickens

15. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Charoite (12-06-2019)

16. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You're confused and desperate.
    Attachment 13130

Says the person who refuses to comprehend how peddling a fake DNC-funded dossier to invent a scandal out of thin air is rigging things.

Clearly the election wasn't thwarted by those two.
    Them failing to steal the election means it's okay to have sabotaged, derailed, and attempted to overthrow a duly-elected government? Nice logic. If it were done TO Obama instead of BY Obama, you would be saying the exact opposite.

Attachment 13131

Polls predicted a Clinton victory and many besides Page thought that trump would never be elected.
    A standard blind spot that comes with the territory of being an elitist, America-hating snob (aka, a Democrat) and a gullible left-wing chump (every poll wildly over-sampled Democrats to get those fake results you believed).

And quoting Strzok: “had they — or the FBI in general — actually wanted to prevent Trump from being elected, they would not have maintained the confidentiality of the investigation into alleged collusion between Russia and members of the Trump campaign in the months before the election.”
    They DIDN'T maintain the confidentiality of their witch hunt. It was leaked carefully to the media at exactly the right moments to likely derail Trump's candidacy, and then his presidency. Strzok is pathological liar and you just posted a perfect example of his kind of provably false claims.

Way to "set the record straight" with easily debunked misinformation.

You must be channeling the voices in your head. I never - ever -at no time - told anyone that trump is a secret Russian agent, detected "imaginary" Russians, or accused anyone of treason. If you are going to insist that I did, then publish and be damned.

Except when you posted approximately 125 separate topics such as:

Manafort earned millions by secretly working to benefit Putin

Trump commits felony violation of the Logan Act by asking Russian hackers for help

In trump We Trust: Inauguration prompts celebration in Russia

Another Trump adviser has Kremlin connections, crafted Trump foreign policy speech

Republican donor kills himself after talking about working with Russian hackers

Russian Media Backs Trump, Questions US Democracy

Traitor Trump implies Vladimir Putin uses 'N-word' to describe Barack Obama

Russia doubles down on support for Trump

You LEAD THE WAY on pushing this debunked conspiracy theory on here.

Anything else you'd care to lie about or are you good for now?

Your interpretation gets three pinocchios, Ms. Cheney.

"The language in the texts is certainly disturbing, especially the Aug. 8 exchange. But that is mitigated by the fact that there is no evidence FBI officials actually tried to derail Trump’s election. If anything, the FBI’s actions helped ensure it. The “insurance policy” text is more explainable, reflecting a debate within the FBI about how aggressively to pursue the investigation. (Strzok appears to have lost that debate, as the probe did not really pick up speed until after the election.)

Cheney has taken the worst possible interpretation of the texts and then used it to offer an opinion about possible treason or a coup. But the texts, especially about the insurance policy, and the initial IG report do not support that interpretation. Rather, the texts show evidence of unprofessionalism and reflect a debate within the agency about how to conduct the investigation...
    Which might make sense if it weren't a provable matter of record that knowingly promoted fake evidence (the dossier) to illegally spy and start a fraudulent investigation, while spoon-feeding it to the media BEFORE the election. Your media "fact-finders" are literally blindly taking the word of these Hillary staffers, Clinton campaign donors, and partisan activists (who weren't even legally ALLOWED to be on Mueller's rogue 'investigative' team due to their staggeringly extreme conflicts of interest) and reporting it as fact, based on literally nothing...so that lemmings like you can tell everyone how vindicated your debunked conspiracy theories are.

Lie while smearing others as liars for telling the truth. Peak Pinocchio level achieved.

Attachment 13134

And I realize that Democrats can't reason beyond what partisan media outlets tell them to believe, but correctly interpreting it as treasonous to try to overthrow a duly-elected government isn't even remotely a controversial assertion. Your blind faith in obviously biased and stupid DNC "fact-checker" propaganda continues to embarrass and discredit you.

Apparently you are unaware of the evidence, Ms. Cheney. "...the inspector general’s report shows that Strzok and Page at times pushed for harder measures in the Clinton investigation than others, and the decision-making was not biased in favor of her electoral prospects.
    Attachment 13133

They were the ones who insisted on blowing past the more-than a hundred separate felonies that had been identified to hilariously declare her "exonerated."

Again, your "fact-checkers" are utterly humiliating you with easily-disproven lies.
    Last edited by artichoke; 12-07-2019 at 07:37 AM.

17. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why Lisa Page has been such an intense and constant target of Trump’s ire

"...trump has never been shy about going after those he perceives as his political enemies. Some are well known, such as his 2016 Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton, or, more recently, House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam B. Schiff (D-Calif). Some are — or were, before they became the focus of Trumpian ire — obscure, such as former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe.

But perhaps no individual has been the target of more virulent or more demeaning presidential abuse than former FBI lawyer Lisa Page. Now 40, Page has been a Trump target — indeed, a seeming Trump obsession — for going on two years now, since the Justice Department leaked her private text messages with FBI colleague Peter Strzok.

Page had an affair with Strzok — “the most wrong thing I’ve ever done in my life,” as she told me during an interview published Sunday by the Daily Beast, the first time Page has spoken publicly about her ordeal. Her texts with Strzok — as the two were working on the probe into Clinton’s emails and Russian interference in the upcoming 2016 election — revealed hostility toward Trump.
    So Page offered up a tempting and convenient target for Trump’s ire. But why has it been so intense and so constant? Page’s decision to come forward — “I decided to take my power back,” she told me — raises the question of why she has served as such an intense and constant subject of presidential abuse. I suspect the explanation is twofold: Page embodies two groups that most incite Trump’s wrath when threatened: she is a public servant — a member of the so-called deep state, — and, perhaps even more inciting to Trump, she is a woman who has dared to stand up to him.

Trump’s obsession with the “deep state” is well documented...

The president’s hostility toward powerful women has also long been evident; they seem to particularly outrage him. Trump’s favorite female targets include the Squad, Christine Blasey Ford, E. Jean Carroll and Elizabeth Warren. The president’s verbal assaults on women run the gamut from attacking Megyn Kelly’s physiology (“blood coming out of her wherever”) to attacking Carly Fiorina’s appearance (“Look at that face! Would anyone vote for that?”).

Those two strands came together in Trump’s venomous reaction to Page. He has not held back from attacking Strzok, but the way he talks about Page is markedly different. While the president never comments on Strzok’s physical appearance, his descriptions of Page drip sexism and misogyny. It is always Strzok “and his FBI lover, Lisa Page,” “the lovely Lisa Page,” “FBI Lover/Agent Lisa Page.” The president’s use of the word “lovely” has a particularly patronizing undertone, as though Page’s value is completely a result of her appearance. The use of the word “lover” serves a similar function, as though Page, an experienced lawyer who rose through the ranks of the Justice Department and FBI, is valued and relevant only for her sexuality.

To spend time with Page, as I have over the past several weeks, is to understand the toll of Trump’s unrelenting assault on her and its fundamental unfairness. “I don’t ever know when the president’s going to attack next,” she told me. “You don’t really get used to it.” Page, in my time with her, came off as the opposite of the one-dimensional, sexualized creature of Trump’s portrayal; she is smart, competent and self-made, a dedicated civil servant who desperately wanted to keep working for the government at a fraction of what she could make in the private sector. She is heartbroken at not only what Trump has done to upend her life, but also the harm he has inflicted on her beloved FBI.

At this point in the Trump administration, I suppose, we should no longer be surprised by much of what he does — by his hostility toward public servants or by his deep-seated misogyny. No doubt this is politically useful, as attacks on people such as Page help Trump inflame his base; perhaps it is also simply therapeutic for the president to lash out at her. But, of course, empathy is not in the Trump character. “When Lisa Page, the lover of Peter Strzok, talks about being ‘crushed’, and how innocent she is, ask her to read Peter’s ‘Insurance policy’ text to her,” trump tweeted after my article was published, referring to a text Strzok sent to Page before the election that said he wanted an “insurance policy” in case Trump was elected.

In fact, Page’s reference to “crushing” in the piece involved what Trump has done to the Justice Department. But Trump is incapable of understanding loyalty to an institution and of seeing women as anything other than weak."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...ff7_story.html
    Or because she went out of her way to doctor the findings against Clinton to remove the words "gross negligence" and replace them with "extremely careless" to avoid having to charge her despite overwhelming evidence of more than a hundred separate felonies that compromised national security.

Or because she doctored the debunked "evidence" against Trump to illegally obtain a FISA warrant to spy on Hillary's opponent during a major national election (a thousand times worse than Watergate)...despite admitting later under oath that there was never a single shred of evidence of collusion.

Next BS lie please.

Attachment 13135

18. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    More butthurt off-topic sniveling.

19. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Let's review:

1) Lisa Page, the former Clinton intern and Democrat donor and activist illegally entrusted to objectively investigate Hillary and Trump was caught red-handed colluding with her married boyfriend to frame Trump and falsely exonerate Hillary.

2) She doctored the findings against Clinton to remove the words "gross negligence" and replaced them with "extremely careless" to avoid using the language straight out of the law that Hillary should have been charged with violating more than a hundred separate times...federal crimes that thoroughly compromised national security.

3) She manipulated the debunked dossier against Trump to illegally obtain a FISA warrant and spy on a presidential candidate during a major national election (a thousand times worse than Watergate)...despite admitting later under oath that there was never a single shred of evidence of collusion.

4) Now that her corruption, bias, and treason is being called out, she is hilariously trying to play the victim.

5) All of this was set in motion by Obama...the lawless tyrant who ACTUALLY abused his power, ACTUALLY conspired against "our democracy," and ACTUALLY destroyed the rule of law.

Attachment 13136
    Last edited by artichoke; 12-07-2019 at 08:07 AM.

20. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Them failing to steal the election means it's okay to have sabotaged, derailed, and attempted to overthrow a duly-elected government?
    Nice logic. If it were done TO Obama instead of BY Obama, you would be saying the exact opposite.
    Let me start by highlighting the above sentence. That is PRECISELY the argument Dems are using in the trump impeachment... he TRIED but FAILED to get a foreign government to dig up dirt on a political rival.

Thanks for admitting that even if an attempt to commit a crime failed, it was still illegal.

― Charles Dickens