Thread: Rosa Parks Statue Erected

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZILCHMONGER View Post
    Actually, they do not celebrate racism, they celebrate the courage of those Confederate leaders who believed they had the absolute right to run their affairs as they saw fit. Southerners did not hate blacks, they simply saw slavery as a necessary means to an economic end. The citizens of the North could give two shits about the condition of the slaves, in fact there was more than one race riot in Northern cities because of the influx of ex slaves who would work at wages that undercut prevailing wages in those cities.

It is absolute hypocrisy on the part of most liberals that only the Southern whites hated the slaves for the simple reason they were black. Southern whites didn't hate slaves anymore than they hated their plow horses because they saw them as the same.

Wonder why there are no books or articles about the plight of the ex slave in the North before and after the War Between the States.

bullshit, you are a liar. They were built to intimidate blacks you sleazy liar.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to katzgar For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (12-02-2019)

3. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Yes, of course you did
    I can believe that to some degree. He's the type that thinks the government should do for him what he's unwilling to do for himself.

4. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Nothing unjust about the law she broke. That's only an excuse by someone that tries to justify breaking the law.

I disagree, requiring one group of people to sit in a certain section of the bus just because of their skin color cannot become more unjust.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ZILCHMONGER For This Post:

jimmymccready (12-02-2019), Sailor (12-02-2019), ThatOwlWoman (12-02-2019)

6. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Perhaps you didn't read his claim then his excuses when expected to back it up. Perhaps you didn't see him say I shouldn't ask for things because I might get it then when it's asked he goes into hiding.

Not the only time he's made tough guy claims then ran into hiding. He'll pop back up, run his dick sucker about what he can do, then go back into hiding when expected to do it.
    I see that your upstairs tenant moved out years ago.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

jimmymccready (12-02-2019), ThatOwlWoman (12-02-2019)

8. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I disagree, requiring one group of people to sit in a certain section of the bus just because of their skin color cannot become more unjust.
    It's safe to say that the southern states seceding did so because they felt the laws being forced upon them were unjust. My original post addressed that concept. How are the southern states seceding because they opposed unjust laws wrong if Rosa Parks doing the same is OK?

9. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    I see that your upstairs tenant moved out years ago.
    Again, I didn't make the claims, I only expected the coward to back up the ones HE made.

10. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    bullshit, you are a liar. They were built to intimidate blacks you sleazy liar.
    You really have a bad case of the dumb ass don't you? I would go seek therapy for that if I were you.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ZILCHMONGER For This Post:

Sailor (12-02-2019)

12. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,538 Times in 9,990 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,099 Times in 1,011 Posts

Rosa Parks IS NOT "the first lady of civil rights"

Claudette Colvin: The 15-year-old who came before Rosa Parks

In March 1955, nine months before Rosa Parks defied segregation laws by refusing to give up her seat to a white passenger on a bus in Montgomery, Alabama, 15-year-old Claudette Colvin did exactly the same thing. Eclipsed by Parks, her act of defiance was largely ignored for many years.

https://www.bbc.com/news/stories-43171799

Yet Parks gets a statue..BULLSHIT

Statue is being put up for the wrong person!
    Last edited by volsrock; 12-02-2019 at 11:30 AM.

13. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

It's safe to say that the southern states seceding did so because they felt the laws being forced upon them were unjust. My original post addressed that concept. How are the southern states seceding because they opposed unjust laws wrong if Rosa Parks doing the same is OK?
    What laws, just or unjust, were in place to stop the Southern states from seceding? The Southern states did not believe they were breaking a law, they thought they were exercising a right as outlined in the Declaration Of Independence. Unlike Rosa Parks who wanted to undo an unjust law the South wanted to divorce themselves from the Union. They did not believe there was any law or rule stopping them.

BTW, only those without a complete shred of knowledge of American history prior to the War Between the States attempt to make the claim the South was populated by traitors. I ask, is Britain to be considered committing an act of treason for wanting to opt out of the European Union? How is the act of secession of the South different from Britexit?

14. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What laws, just or unjust, were in place to stop the Southern states from seceding? The Southern states did not believe they were breaking a law, they thought they were exercising a right as outlined in the Declaration Of Independence. Unlike Rosa Parks who wanted to undo an unjust law the South wanted to divorce themselves from the Union. They did not believe there was any law or rule stopping them.

BTW, only those without a complete shred of knowledge of American history prior to the War Between the States attempt to make the claim the South was populated by traitors. I ask, is Britain to be considered committing an act of treason for wanting to opt out of the European Union? How is the act of secession of the South different from Britexit?
    It isn't about laws in place to stop the South from seceding. It was the laws in place the South used as the reason why they seceded. The Southern States weren't breaking the law seceding. They were using the very same concepts the colonists used when they declared independence. The difference is those supporting what the colonists did as acceptable consider the Southern states doing the same thing as treason.

15. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

Anyone who equates the South's reasons for secession with Rosa Parks sitting down is an idiot.

The South had no just reason to secede, and the North murdered it for treason: so very good.
    Russian trolls and their supporters go on Ignore, automatically: no second chance.

16. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

It isn't about laws in place to stop the South from seceding. It was the laws in place the South used as the reason why they seceded. The Southern States weren't breaking the law seceding. They were using the very same concepts the colonists used when they declared independence. The difference is those supporting what the colonists did as acceptable consider the Southern states doing the same thing as treason.
    Then why was no Confederate tried for treason? Many of the high command of the Confederate troops had been high ranking members of the Union Army who "deserted" their commands and became Confederate soldiers.

And for the record I don't think what Rosa Parks did was unlawful. You have to admire her courage at a time when a black person could have been murdered with no repercussions.

17. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    Anyone who equates the South's reasons for secession with Rosa Parks sitting down is an idiot.

The South had no just reason to secede, and the North murdered it for treason: so very good.
    Rosa Parks had no just reason to agitate.

18. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post

Read any good history books on the run up to the War Between The States lately. No, I didn't think so because you are about as ignorant of history as any man could possibly be.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ZILCHMONGER For This Post:

Sailor (12-02-2019)

20. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Then why was no Confederate tried for treason? Many of the high command of the Confederate troops had been high ranking members of the Union Army who "deserted" their commands and became Confederate soldiers.

And for the record I don't think what Rosa Parks did was unlawful. You have to admire her courage at a time when a black person could have been murdered with no repercussions.
    None of them committed treason.

The laws at the time disagree with your opinion. It doesn't take courage to break laws. It takes being a criminal.