Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Game

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,759 Times in 7,263 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

I've watched sixteen regular season Patriots games for the past twenty years...plus the post season games.

It may be coming to an end, but it's been twenty years of great football.

I don't really care much about amateur football. I just like the tradition of Harvard-Yale. It's a fun day.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Team looks awesome. My daughter just turned three and she can say USC and Fight On but Saturday morning we danced for 20 minutes straight to the Buckeye fight song. It was awesome. Now she says "Daddy, let's play Ohio State fight song". I love it. Especially since USC just announced we are retaining Clay Helton (and essentially de-emphasing football) I'm glad to have the Bucks.
    Go Buckeyes!
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

TOP (12-06-2019)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    Awwww, I am flattered by your obsession.

Let me help you understand. Many college football fans start the season seeing their team as being on track to win it all. Then, as the season goes on, the reality settles in.

However, for a few fans, like Mott, their team looks like the real deal. I don't see anyone taking OSU down either. But there are some important games ahead.
    Yup. No one is unbeatable but looks like the Buckeyes will be damned tough to beat...though that's true of all four CFP teams.

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Harvard - Yale was already played this year. That's THE GAME.

Further O_H_I_O is the Bobcats, not the Buckeyes.
    Harvard on the Hawking? Got news for you...regardless of if you went to Toledo, Miami, UC, Wright State, Bowling Green, Ohio U, Ohio State, etc,....they're all part of the Ohio University Systems and we are all Buckeyes.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

TOP (12-06-2019)

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

I'm seeing a lot of love for OSU right now. Paul Finebaum thinks they are the best team in the country, and a guest on another show stated that he and some guys who have covered them on the field thinks they are the best team they have ever seen, period. It's all kind-of weird, although, I have only watched a couple OSU games this season.

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Harvard - Yale was already played this year. That's THE GAME.
    Meh...maybe in 1926 it was....LOL

Let's be honest. Yale vs. Harvard hasn't been relevant since B.D. graduated from Yale in 68. In 69 Bo played Woody for the first time and that's been "The Game" ever since.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

TOP (12-07-2019)

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
    I'm seeing a lot of love for OSU right now. Paul Finebaum thinks they are the best team in the country, and a guest on another show stated that he and some guys who have covered them on the field thinks they are the best team they have ever seen, period. It's all kind-of weird, although, I have only watched a couple OSU games this season.
    Well a lot of football left to be played but if OSU wins CCG, Semi-finals and Finals by blowouts with the same sort of dominance on both sides of the ball they have exhibited so far this season then they would arguably be one of the best College Teams of all time. They would certainly be the best OSU team...and that's saying a lot too.

But I'm not counting my chickens until they graduated. There three really good teams they need to beat first and that wont' be easy.

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Well a lot of football left to be played but if OSU wins CCG, Semi-finals and Finals by blowouts with the same sort of dominance on both sides of the ball they have exhibited so far this season then they would arguably be one of the best College Teams of all time. They would certainly be the best OSU team...and that's saying a lot too.

But I'm not counting my chickens until they graduated. There three really good teams they need to beat first and that wont' be easy.
    OSU has all the dimensions covered. Passing, running, special teams, smothering defense, and more. You said something about an offensive tackle being the weak point. I guess I didn't notice it when I watched the Buckeyes play. LSU can be beaten. Clemson is the team that worries me.

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

OSU has all the dimensions covered. Passing, running, special teams, smothering defense, and more. You said something about an offensive tackle being the weak point. I guess I didn't notice it when I watched the Buckeyes play. LSU can be beaten. Clemson is the team that worries me.
    Our starting left tackle is playing hurt and is being rotated with his back up who is a red shirt Freshman. That leaves us open to the rush on the left side of the line. Having said that our rotating left tackles have been playing competently.

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Why couldn't Alabama beat LSU?

What would be ironic is if Oklahoma gets into the playoff and wins the championship with the quarterback that your precious Alabama replaced with injury prone Don Ho.

14. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Why couldn't Alabama beat LSU?

What would be ironic is if Oklahoma gets into the playoff and wins the championship with the quarterback that your precious Alabama replaced with injury prone Don Ho.
    You mean Jalen Hurts? The one you kept talking down? Yeah, that would be irony.

The Bama v. LSU game was a good one. Bama lost. It happens. Injuries hit us hard, and not just Tua. LSU has the better team.

15. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

You mean Jalen Hurts? The one you kept talking down? Yeah, that would be irony.

The Bama v. LSU game was a good one. Bama lost. It happens. Injuries hit us hard, and not just Tua. LSU has the better team.
    He ran away because he was replaced yet proved he's a better quarterback than injury prone Tua.

Let me get your take on something you haven't mentioned. You once said that the champion should remain #1 until they lost. Why has Clemson moved up and down in the polls despite not having lost in two years instead of remaining #1?

I noticed you quickly responded. Your faggot buddy Mott sending you messages again letting you know.

16. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    He ran away because he was replaced yet proved he's a better quarterback than injury prone Tua.

Let me get your take on something you haven't mentioned. You once said that the champion should remain #1 until they lost. Why has Clemson moved up and down in the polls despite not having lost in two years instead of remaining #1?

I noticed you quickly responded. Your faggot buddy Mott sending you messages again letting you know.
    Mott and I are friends. And yes, we do talk on occasion. But, believe it or not, you have never been the topic of any of our conversations.

Yes, I did say that the champion should remain #1 until they are beaten. That would not include the CFP rankings, which will be used to place teams in the CFP and in a certain order.

Jalen Hurts was an excellent QB. When Tua is healthy, he is better. Jalen stayed and got his degree, then pursued other opportunities under offensive minded coaches and a head coach that is a QB guru.

17. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,414 Times in 16,403 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Go Buckeyes!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (12-06-2019)

19. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    I'll be heading to Indianapolis tomorrow around noon. Should be a good game though a lot of people are expecting a blow out by OSU.

It's interesting how prices for tickets on the ticket exchanges for the Big10 championship game were climbing to pretty steep prices until Wisconsin beat Minnesota then they dropped to nearly face value. I noticed that last year too. My guess is the Cheeseheads don't want to pay a premium to drive all the way to Indy just to see their Badgers get beat again. They'll be kicking themselves if they win.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

TOP (12-06-2019)