1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello anatta,

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    it's direct evidence. you can contest it and say it is a quid but Sond said it wasn't under cross.
    And he quoted Trump (direct evidence) which is much more then all the other 2nd and 3rd hand testimony shows
    Anything Trump said while not under oath is only evidence of something Trump said, which we all know is highly suspect. Let him get sworn in. Then we will hold him to his word. If he is telling the truth, then that should be no problem.

And if he wants corroborating evidence, then we are going to have to hear from the key witnesses which have been prevented from testifying.

It is apparent that Trump fans do not want to get to the bottom of the story, do not want the truth, as much as they want to shield the President from accountability.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (12-01-2019)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Rune (12-01-2019)

4. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Sondland didn’t say there WAS a QPQ—he *presumed* there was one.

His testimony was worthless. Presumptions don’t count in a court of law. Only evidence counts and democrats don’t have any.

This whole thing is beyond ridiculous.
    What is ridiculous is that Trump fans refuse to allow the evidence to be heard as they claim to know the truth.

That's not justice. That's not honesty. That's not the truth. That's just political protectionism.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (12-01-2019)

6. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth,

What is ridiculous is that Trump fans refuse to allow the evidence to be heard as they claim to know the truth.

That's not justice. That's not honesty. That's not the truth. That's just political protectionism.
    Well, the only apparent ‘truth’ is democrats are still looking for evidence lol.

And it doesn’t help matters that they can’t decide whether it’s a QPQ or a bribe. Sending this to the Senate with nothing but opinions and presumptions is nothing short of madness for Democrats. Now Jabba the Nadler wants Trump to testify [read: play along with the Democrats fishing expedition] in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

If I’m Trump my answer is...um, no thanks. Enough is enough. Democrats have been hounding this president literally since the day he sat down in the Oval Office.

And democrats need to consider the distinct possibility that is becoming more apparent, by the day, to everyone but the ‘Orange Man Bad’ crowd.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (12-01-2019)

8. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello anatta,

Anything Trump said while not under oath is only evidence of something Trump said, which we all know is highly suspect. Let him get sworn in. Then we will hold him to his word. If he is telling the truth, then that should be no problem.

And if he wants corroborating evidence, then we are going to have to hear from the key witnesses which have been prevented from testifying.

It is apparent that Trump fans do not want to get to the bottom of the story, do not want the truth, as much as they want to shield the President from accountability.
    no way in the world Trump will or should testify.
    Everything from Schiff stifling witnesses and questions from the Republicans screams this is a rigged game.

The evidence of Trump's phone call to Sond. can be entered without Trump's testimony.
    It's up to cross to undermine that evidence.

Bottom of the story? are you kidding ? we HAVE THE TRANSCRIPT

9. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Earl (12-01-2019)

10. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Impeachment is like winning, it's the only thing.

11. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Not a nice try lol.

Quote *the relevant part of the statute* that says the WB must remain anonymous.

Good luck!
    Nope.
    Right after you.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

12. The Following User Groans At Rune For This Awful Post:

Earl (12-01-2019)

13. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    Nope.
    Right after you.
    Well, I can tell you it’s not in there lol.

Now run along before your brain gets hurt.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

14. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello anatta,

so you are back to your "beliefs". There was no shortage of lethal aid for Ukraine.
    There was plenty already on the ground
    Sondland gave FACT testimony ( no quid) and then he contradicted it with his "presumptions"

Meaning the fact of Trumps' statement are there,but the quid was his fantasy
    Nice cherry picking job.

Please explain why we should not hear from the Key Witnesses.

15. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (12-01-2019)

16. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,686 Times in 17,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well, the only apparent ‘truth’ is democrats are still looking for evidence lol.

And it doesn’t help matters that they can’t decide whether it’s a QPQ or a bribe. Sending this to the Senate with nothing but opinions and presumptions is nothing short of madness for Democrats. Now Jabba the Nadler wants Trump to testify [read: play along with the Democrats fishing expedition] in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

If I’m Trump my answer is...um, no thanks. Enough is enough. Democrats have been hounding this president literally since the day he sat down in the Oval Office.

And democrats need to consider the distinct possibility that is becoming more apparent, by the day, to everyone but the ‘Orange Man Bad’ crowd.
    Opinions and assumptions won’t cut it in the Senate but it will in the House.

House Democrats are willing to remove an elected president on opinions and assumptions.

Imagine that,

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Darth Omar (12-01-2019)

18. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well, I can tell you it’s not in there lol.

Now run along before your brain gets hurt.
    Answer your lie you lying cunt.
    You claimed executive privilege is in the Constitution.
    Prove it you lying piece of shit.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

19. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Happy Sunday Darth,

The evidence President Trump is withholding, yes.

Here's how that works. If you believe Trump should be impeached and removed, as a majority do, then you agree that President Trump should testify. You would love that, because for once, he would be held to his word, something everybody understands he cannot do. If you support Trump, then you do not want him placed in that position because your afraid he'll fall into a 'perjury trap,' (meaning he has to consistently tell the same story, something few on either side believe the President is capable of.)

No, actually it has been the other way around. Trump took on the left from the beginning with a stream of nonstop insults. Respectful people on the right were abhorred by him, tried their best to reject him during the campaign, but the disrespectful side of the right was energized by his rhetoric. The disrespectful spiteful, hateful element of the right was highly motivated to vote, bringing out a record number of hateful voters who rarely or ever voted before. The respectful part of the right made a judgement call to just look the other way and let it happen, because they smelled profits and lots of them. The hateful vote, plus the greedy vote, plus the evangelical vote is what elected Trump in 2016. The greedy and the evangelicals just look the way about the hateful element of Trump fans. They have their priorities being met with Trump.

The President's critics are merely ordinary people who have been attacked by the President, or had their values attacked by this President, and they have rightly objected to that. And then Trump claims he's the one 'being attacked.' He is the one that stirred it all up in the first place!

He essentially says it's 'the disgusting left that's doing it,' so all his followers should hate on the left for being so mean to him. And, of course, to the hateful element of the right, this is a bonding moment. They feel exactly like the President does. It's like he's speaking for them! He's their guy. And that's how he gets them. He's got them hypnotized. It's a cult. All he has to do is send out the dog-whistle triggers in order to energize the hateful element of the right against any media sound byte he wants. They pounce on it like red meat to wolves.

20. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (12-01-2019)

21. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    Answer your lie you lying cunt.
    You claimed executive privilege is in the Constitution.
    Prove it you lying piece of shit.
    separation of powers, you idiot

22. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Earl (12-01-2019)

23. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello anatta,

no way in the world Trump will or should testify.
    So you only prefer to listen to Trump via twitter, rallies or interviews where he is not under oath? Obviously he has lots to say about it. He has tweeted up a storm about it. You're willing to pay attention to what he says when he's not sworn to tell the truth. Why are you so adamant that you don't think he should be sworn to tell you the truth Are you afraid of what might happen?

Everything from Schiff stifling witnesses and questions from the Republicans screams this is a rigged game.
    The reason Republicans are only saying the process is wrong and doing nothing about it is because it is not really wrong. If Democrats were violating Constitution or law, the Republicans could hold them accountable. But Republicans have no basis for that, so all they can do is complain. And it is sad that they have no basis to dispute the charges against the President, so they are reduced to arguing process. Seriously, if you are arguing process you have no case.

Rigged, yeah right, with highly credentialed impartial and professional witnesses who are loyal to the Constitution, not Trump? Who all painted parts of the same story, one after another? How is that rigged?

The evidence of Trump's phone call to Sond. can be entered without Trump's testimony.
    It's up to cross to undermine that evidence.
    That's only in a trial. Impeachment hearings are not a trial. The hearings were more like an investigation building a case for an indictment. The trial comes later. Republican members of the Intelligence Committee should actually have been critical of the President if they wanted to do their duty to protect the Constitution, instead of taking a defense posture. Democratic members were acting in an official capacity, serving their oath to uphold the Constitution. Republican members acted very partisan, and were obviously dedicated to defending the President against any accusations. The hearings showed that. Democrats talked about the case, Republicans talked about the Democrats.

Bottom of the story? are you kidding ? we HAVE THE TRANSCRIPT
    It is not a transcript, it is a memo. What was said is disputable. And it certainly doesn't tell the whole story. But it does strongly suggest guilt.

24. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (12-01-2019)

25. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Rune (12-01-2019)

26. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,686 Times in 17,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

This president, elected by the people, will never be removed from office by Democrats who have been trying to do so since the first day of his presidency.

Never.

27. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

[QUOTE=PoliTalker;3374138]

So you only prefer to listen to Trump via twitter, rallies or interviews where he is not under oath? Obviously he has lots to say about it. He has tweeted up a storm about it. You're willing to pay attention to what he says when he's not sworn to tell the truth. Why are you so adamant that you don't think he should be sworn to tell you the truth Are you afraid of what might happen?
    specious speculation on your part. Separation of powers means he doesn't have to ( not subservient to Congress) , and that's the basis for his executive privilege claims as well

The reason Republicans are only saying the process is wrong and doing nothing about it is because it is not really wrong. If Democrats were violating Constitution or law, the Republicans could hold them accountable. But Republicans have no basis for that, so all they can do is complain. And it is sad that they have no basis to dispute the charges against the President, so they are reduced to arguing process. Seriously, if you are arguing process you have no case.
    Repubs can't hold Dems "accountable" for the procedure -where do you come uo wit this stuff? it's the Schiff show, soon to be the Nadler Narrative.
    The "arguing process" ( cross examination) is the "disputing the charges" -this is basic stuff why to you wander in your statements?

Rigged, yeah right, with highly credentialed impartial and professional witnesses who are loyal to the Constitution, not Trump? Who all painted parts of the same story, one after another? How is that rigged?
    bureaucrats protect their turf -you saw that in all the testimony. Vindman was the worse
    He got upset POTUS withheld funds to his beloved Ukraine. so he leaked to the WB ( my cojecture but it fits)
    For all your puffery writings why don't you object to the CONSTANT leaking of a POTUS?

That's only in a trial. Impeachment hearings are not a trial. The hearings were more like an investigation building a case for an indictment. The trial comes later. Republican members of the Intelligence Committee should actually have been critical of the President if they wanted to do their duty to protect the Constitution, instead of taking a defense posture. Democratic members were acting in an official capacity, serving their oath to uphold the Constitution. Republican members acted very partisan, and were obviously dedicated to defending the President against any accusations. The hearings showed that. Democrats talked about the case, Republicans talked about the Democrats.
    wrong. the Repubs disputed both the facts of a QPQ ,and the insane "bribery charges"

It is not a transcript, it is a memo. What was said is disputable. And it certainly doesn't tell the whole story. But it does strongly suggest guilt.
    it tells the story of the phone call, even the Vindman witness who wanted to edit it more agrees his edits would not change the facts of the call