Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump's Taxes

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Default Donald Trump's Taxes

We always know when some coup attempt of President Trump has failed or is about to fail because that is when there is some renewed call for his tax returns.

Leftists salivate over President Trump's tax returns as if they are the Holy Grail of drumming him out of Washington DC. I have always found it a comedy routine to watch leftists trip over themselves demanding to see these returns. For some reason leftists believe that there is some hidden trove of information contained within those returns that has been kept secret for decades.

Yet, logic dictates that there is nothing there other than complex business dealings leveraging and taking advantage of a complex tax code

Let's review this logically.

President Trump has done business in one of the most heavily taxed states in the United States. Are we to believe that for decades President Trump has committed crimes and tax fraud under the nose of the Department of Taxation and Finance of the great state of New York?

Are we to believe that Trump not only snookered the state of New York but also the IRS?

President Trump was a vocal critic of B. Hussein Obama's birth. Are we to believe that B. Hussein Obama didn't turn the IRS after Trump's returns the way he turned the IRS and Lois Lerner on Tea Party organizations?

Are we to believe that something nefarious is held within those returns and they have not been leaked over the past three years? We know that leaking information out of Washington is a national past time so surely they would have found their way to some enterprising reporter at CNN or the NY Times or Washington Post?

Now, I will stipulate that Trump's reason for not releasing them is pretty lame. Whether he is being audited or not should not be relevant. But, I get that it probably isn't politically prudent to just say "I don't wan to", although he would be perfectly within his rights to do so. In fact, I wish that is what he would say instead of the lame "audit" excuse.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

Callinectes (11-30-2019), Earl (11-29-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well, they got Al Capone.

4. The Following User Groans At Iolo/Penderyn For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-29-2019)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iolo/Penderyn For This Post:

Phantasmal (11-29-2019), Trumpet (12-01-2019)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,680 Times in 17,934 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    Sit down and be quiet, America hating Iolo sock.

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Nothing from our leftist friends?

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,324 Times in 2,774 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Why do you think he doesn't want to? (That's a mild way of putting it - absolutely refuses to is more like it.)

Even Trump has to have some reason for what he does. Any ideas?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

Charoite (11-30-2019), Trumpet (12-01-2019)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    Why do you think he doesn't want to? (That's a mild way of putting it - absolutely refuses to is more like it.)

He doesn’t have to

But back to my questions? If you can’t answer just say so.

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,832 Times in 17,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,598 Times in 4,276 Posts

Every presidential candidate since Nixon has released his taxes. Trump told other people running that they should produce theirs and that that he would if he was running. He was very aggressive when Romney wanted to hide his. Nixon produced his when they were under audit.
    So Trump runs and hides his like they are the Holy grail. He lied of course. He has gone to court many times and fought to keep his hidden. He lost every time because producing them is the right and honorable thing to do. Also, he has no legal defense.
    The reason that candidates produce them is to prove they are honest about their taxes and they have nothing to hide. The reason Trump hides his is the same, he is not honest and not honorable and has a lot to hide. Trump will probably lose in NYC courts.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Tranquillus in Exile (12-01-2019)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,245 Times in 2,336 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post

I have the feeling that Trump took it right up to the edge of legality. The same thing I and millions of other tax payers do every year. Many of those things are probably illegal NOW, but that won't stop the jackasses. This is why people have accountants AND lawyers, and why the tax code got so complex. The tax authorities write laws that benefit the government, the lawyers find loop holes. And on it goes, ad nauseum. I'd like to add that if the tax cops have let him get away with anything for so long, the tax system in this country is 10 times more fucked up than I ever imagined
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    Not by looking at his taxes, but for what was did not get in them.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,832 Times in 17,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,598 Times in 4,276 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez View Post
    I have the feeling that Trump took it right up to the edge of legality. The same thing I and millions of other tax payers do every year. Many of those things are probably illegal NOW, but that won't stop the jackasses. This is why people have accountants AND lawyers, and why the tax code got so complex. The tax authorities write laws that benefit the government, the lawyers find loop holes. And on it goes, ad nauseum. I'd like to add that if the tax cops have let him get away with anything for so long, the tax system in this country is 10 times more fucked up than I ever imagined
    I don't think the law goes by your feelings. Cohen said Trump was doing tax evasion. So does that mean you are too? When it came out that Trump and his sister were involved in phony corporations to evade taxes, his sister had to resign from the court. Once she quit, they no longer had to complete the investigation. She was in deep and fled to avoid it. Trump and she did the same thing in concert with daddy Trump.

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Every presidential candidate since Nixon has released his taxes. Trump told other people running that they should produce theirs and that that he would if he was running. He was very aggressive when Romney wanted to hide his. Nixon produced his when they were under audit.
    So Trump runs and hides his like they are the Holy grail. He lied of course. He has gone to court many times and fought to keep his hidden. He lost every time because producing them is the right and honorable thing to do. Also, he has no legal defense.
    The reason that candidates produce them is to prove they are honest about their taxes and they have nothing to hide. The reason Trump hides his is the same, he is not honest and not honorable and has a lot to hide. Trump will probably lose in NYC courts.

So the IRS abs state of New York were too stupid to catch him?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

Callinectes (12-01-2019)

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    So the IRS abs state of New York were too stupid to catch him?
    They are doing it now. The truth is the IRS does not audit many rich people because their taxes are complicated, they bring lots of high priced lawyers and it takes a long time. So they audit people like us. More bang for the buck.

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,245 Times in 2,336 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Nordberg;3373737]
    I don't think the law goes by your feelings.
    I agree! The post I responded to asked for "ideas", I've never had one of my ideas become a law, and I don't think the law goes by my ideas either. Would you be less butt hurt if I called it an "opinion"?

Cohen said Trump was doing tax evasion.
    Cohen is in prison for lying

So does that mean you are too?
    I evade as many taxes as I can

When it came out that Trump and his sister were involved in phony corporations to evade taxes, his sister had to resign from the court. Once she quit, they no longer had to complete the investigation
    Not accurate at all

She was in deep and fled to avoid it. Trump and she did the same thing in concert with daddy Trump.
    Once again, not accurate. Although she DID consult with her father and brother. After all, she was a JUDGE, and to be a judge, you have to be a LAWYER
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

20. #14 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,615 Times in 17,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    They are doing it now. The truth is the IRS does not audit many rich people because their taxes are complicated, they bring lots of high priced lawyers and it takes a long time. So they audit people like us. More bang for the buck.
    Are you saying the IRS is too stupid to audit rich people's taxes?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    We always know when some coup attempt of President Trump has failed or is about to fail because that is when there is some renewed call for his tax returns.

Leftists salivate over President Trump's tax returns as if they are the Holy Grail of drumming him out of Washington DC. I have always found it a comedy routine to watch leftists trip over themselves demanding to see these returns. For some reason leftists believe that there is some hidden trove of information contained within those returns that has been kept secret for decades.

Yet, logic dictates that there is nothing there other than complex business dealings leveraging and taking advantage of a complex tax code

Let's review this logically.

President Trump has done business in one of the most heavily taxed states in the United States. Are we to believe that for decades President Trump has committed crimes and tax fraud under the nose of the Department of Taxation and Finance of the great state of New York?

Are we to believe that Trump not only snookered the state of New York but also the IRS?

President Trump was a vocal critic of B. Hussein Obama's birth. Are we to believe that B. Hussein Obama didn't turn the IRS after Trump's returns the way he turned the IRS and Lois Lerner on Tea Party organizations?

Are we to believe that something nefarious is held within those returns and they have not been leaked over the past three years? We know that leaking information out of Washington is a national past time so surely they would have found their way to some enterprising reporter at CNN or the NY Times or Washington Post?

Now, I will stipulate that Trump's reason for not releasing them is pretty lame. Whether he is being audited or not should not be relevant. But, I get that it probably isn't politically prudent to just say "I don't wan to", although he would be perfectly within his rights to do so. In fact, I wish that is what he would say instead of the lame "audit" excuse.

Your assertion that trump keeping two sets of books on the trump tower is fraud is correct

22. The Following User Says Thank You to katzgar For This Post:

Trumpet (12-01-2019)