Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Bluexit

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.
    For more than 80 years now, we—the residents of what some people like to call Blue America, but which I prefer to think of as the United States of We Pay Our Own Damn Way—have shelled out far more in federal tax monies than we took in. We have funded massive infrastructure projects in your rural counties, subsidized your schools and your power plants and your nursing homes, sent you entire industries, and simultaneously absorbed the most destitute, unskilled, and oppressed portions of your populations, white and black alike.
    All of which, it turns out, only left you more bitter, white, and alt-right than ever.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

Courtesy of another poster here

2. The Following 2 Users Groan At Micawber For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-27-2019), Irish (11-27-2019)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

Cinnabar (11-26-2019)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    For more than 80 years now, we—the residents of what some people like to call Blue America, but which I prefer to think of as the United States of We Pay Our Own Damn Way—have shelled out far more in federal tax monies than we took in. We have funded massive infrastructure projects in your rural counties, subsidized your schools and your power plants and your nursing homes, sent you entire industries, and simultaneously absorbed the most destitute, unskilled, and oppressed portions of your populations, white and black alike.
    All of which, it turns out, only left you more bitter, white, and alt-right than ever.

I am none of those things. You fail again. Don't say we didn't warn you. You should've learned from Hitlery's "Deplorable" strategery, but, you didn't. Now reap what you have sown.
    Every life matters

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (11-26-2019), Earl (11-27-2019)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No, I'm NOT giving you money. ^^^

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,417 Times in 7,536 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

I live in a red state that gets a disproportionate share of gubmint money. You have to consider the ratio of military + Native population / everybody else which is hugely disproportionate compared to other states. Of course the Natives mostly vote dem because they like free stuff, and they get a lot of free stuff. Non-military and non-natives get no gubmint money so naturally they vote republican.

8. The Following User Groans At anonymoose For This Awful Post:

Phantasmal (11-27-2019)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Callinectes (11-26-2019), Irish (11-27-2019)

10. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

It's the only way to go. Let them have their western equivalent of Idi Amin, Russkie style governance, through the roof health insurance and education costs, guns and bibles galore...who the hell cares.

How much better off would the rest of us be without these drags on progress. Just wow!
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

Earl (11-27-2019), Truth Detector (11-27-2019)

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 2,333 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 150 Posts
    Blog Entries

You and cinnabun should just shut up and continue to pay me. But seriously, we're talking about 10 states here, and to sum it up, the federal dollars go to states that have large elderly populations(in the form of medicare and social security), military installations, states in close proximity to D.C.(lots of federal workers and federal contracts), and yes, grants to poor states. The federal tax brackets are the same for everyone in every state. If both of us make the same income and have identical familial and economic circumstances but live in different states, we're gonna pay pretty much identical federal taxes. All you have done by absorbing the most destitute, unskilled, and oppressed portions of our populations is to force your jackass state governors to raise state taxes, which drags down industry and jobs and drives your wealthy and your talented workforce into our welcoming arms(where some of them proceed to STILL vote jackass). So don't blame us...and pay up, sucker!
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Callinectes For This Post:

Sailor (11-27-2019)

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Would you just look st these country bumkin Trump Supporters?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Adolf_Twitler For This Post:

evince (11-27-2019)

17. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Eh, this is a two year old article homeboy. California is now a taker state.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

anatta (11-26-2019), anonymoose (11-26-2019), Truth Detector (11-27-2019)

19. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

believe me there are times when I'd like to see the Left Coast and the blue NE go there own crazed way.

But we are one nation united by the bonds of revolution that freed us from colonialism.

My advice is stop paying attention to DC politicians ,or at least consider them Swamp dwellers and realize most of what they do they do for themselves.
    Once you get the idea that DC mostly cares only about DC -you can drop the hyper-partisanship from your perspective

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (11-27-2019), Truth Detector (11-27-2019)

21. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

I think this is a great idea, this is also a net positive I have found from the trump admin, it has made liberals realize the dangers of the centralization of power in the federal government. now you guys realize it's not so fun when shoe is on the other foot. We hate you, you hate us, so lets just fucking go our separate ways and be done with it.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

Truth Detector (11-27-2019)

23. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,753 Times in 33,623 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    I live in a red state that gets a disproportionate share of gubmint money. You have to consider the ratio of military + Native population / everybody else which is hugely disproportionate compared to other states. Of course the Natives mostly vote dem because they like free stuff, and they get a lot of free stuff. Non-military and non-natives get no gubmint money so naturally they vote republican.
    You bigoted piece of shit, always disparaging the Alaska Native population, they mostly vote Republican, they have always voted for Don Young, who although is an idiot, has championed their cause. The “Bush” overwhelming votes Republican. Alaska natives, the majority of them are very hard working and wonderful people so FO.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Cypress (11-27-2019)

25. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I think Bluexit would be wonderful........the money would save not having to pay Social Security and Medicare to the lib'ruls who leave would put is in the black for hundreds of years.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (11-27-2019), Truth Detector (11-27-2019)

27. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
    Do it. Let us know how Medicare4All works-out. Plus, no metro-area laws against public urination/defecation, property crimes, loitering/squatting, and the public funding of heroin use.
    I'm sorry, but you won't get to tell us what laws we pass. The difference will be you have no money and we have even more. Bye now hypocrite taker states, nice knowin ya! Won't it be great having the government you hate that supports your ass gone? Now I have to go, I have to take the magnetic train to the world class museum and symphony that I bought with my bluexit dividend. Enjoy the poverty and racism and short brutish lifespan you chose!

28. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Eh, this is a two year old article homeboy. California is now a taker state.
    Nope California is flush with cash from its tax revenues and a burgeoning economy. This time we'll keep it. Thanks.
    You can join anonymoose in a taker state, mk?